Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anyone tried VR outside?

deama

Prophet
So I'm planning to do a big dive into VR when the time is right, when I manage to acquire a large enough private land that I can build a fence around for VR gaming, basically a VR studio so to speak.

Anyway, I was wondering how many of you if any have tried VR outside and how it went? For the VR stadium I'll be building, it'll have a transparent roof with a stype of shelf to put a PC on there above me, so I can just use the highest end headset on the highest end PC without issue.
Well, there is the maybe issue of wireless, but I'm hoping there's gonna be, or already is? An option for that.

ind33d

Learned
the sun/moisture will fry your headset, the lenses are not built for that

Poseidon00

Arcane
I would absolutely do it under the shade of some sort of roof, even if outside. I have a feeling the high amount of natural light would make the sensors less reactive.

Other than that it should be fine.

There are about a half dozen VR games I consider must-plays, but i've named them to death in the VR section

ADL

Prophet
I do lengthy sessions of Beat Saber outside on my deck couple times a week on my Quest 3 for exercise but I'm extremely careful to put it on indoors and take it off indoors. No lens exposure to sunlight.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ckoe9xz6dre41.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom