Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AoD on ThotMarket

HardCode

Erudite
I've IPO'd AoD on ThotMarket. Perhaps that will bring some free PR for the game.

http://www.thotmarket.com/thot.php?id=OTIyNjMxMi4yNA==

The guys on the Taleworlds forum got Mount & Blade to the top spot, and it consistantly appears back on the first page for the last five days.

Jedi_Learner

Liturgist
ThotMarket.com is a social bookmarking website that provides links to interesting and useful content on the web. The links featured on ThotMarket have all been submitted by our users much like many other websites like Digg.com and Reddit.com. ThotMarket is a little different than those sites, however, in the way that these links are ranked. On this site, users buy and sell shares in these links very much like how investors trade shares of companies on the regular stock market. Links on the site are ranked by their trading price, with the more valuable links ranked higher. (Reference)

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jedi_Learner said:
ThotMarket.com is a social bookmarking website that provides links to interesting and useful content on the web. The links featured on ThotMarket have all been submitted by our users much like many other websites like Digg.com and Reddit.com. ThotMarket is a little different than those sites, however, in the way that these links are ranked. On this site, users buy and sell shares in these links very much like how investors trade shares of companies on the regular stock market. Links on the site are ranked by their trading price, with the more valuable links ranked higher.
Why?

Kraszu

Prophet
Vault Dweller said:
Jedi_Learner said:
ThotMarket.com is a social bookmarking website that provides links to interesting and useful content on the web. The links featured on ThotMarket have all been submitted by our users much like many other websites like Digg.com and Reddit.com. ThotMarket is a little different than those sites, however, in the way that these links are ranked. On this site, users buy and sell shares in these links very much like how investors trade shares of companies on the regular stock market. Links on the site are ranked by their trading price, with the more valuable links ranked higher.
Why?

"No. ThotMarket is a virtual stock market, meaning that no actual money is involved. Users are actually just trading credits within the system."

So it is just they way of scoring links, nobody actually pay real money for it. If it work like stock market then people who buy stocks of links that will become more popular have bigger influence on deciding on future links rankings. Also people are forced to measure how good link is not just press max number of stars every time they like link, they also can change opinion by selling stacks.

HardCode

Erudite
It's basically like a stock market simulated Digg. It's a way to get a link to a site popular, during the playing of a stock market game.

Nedrah

Erudite
I thought AOD was the game supposed to appeal exclusively to very strange people - hc roleplayers and the likes...?

Marsal

Arcane
Well, I guess I'm rich! I bought shares for all of my initial money (1100 stocks). HardCode can retire :) Free market FTW!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I should have bought it when it was cheap. I bought 200 shares at 4.65 and a few penny stocks. My net worth is 5,671 now.

Btw, it says that there are no more AoD shares available. What does that mean?

Sitra Achara

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I think we just found the perfect indie development model :lol:

And wow, look at that, $34.44.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom