Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Archmage Rises now available on Early Access

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Archmage Rises; Defiance Game Studio

Way back in 2016, we reported about an ambitious mage simulator sandbox RPG called Archmage Rises that was seeking admission to Steam via the Steam Greenlight service. Steam Greenlight no longer exists, but development on Archmage Rises has meandered along this entire time, with frequent development update videos but no end in sight. A few years ago, creator Thomas Henshell began hiring a team to help finally finish the game. Judging by the demo released during the most recent Steam Next Fest event, there's still plenty of work to be done, but it's now in a state where they're comfortable releasing it as an Early Access title. There's no launch trailer, so here's the trailer they put together for the demo.

The Archmage Rises Early Access build is available on Steam for $30 with a 15% launch discount until next week. According to the Early Access FAQ, the final version is scheduled for release a year from now. I guess we'll see about that.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I really like the ideas this game has now and going forward on their roadmap. The amount of time it has taken for them to get this far makes me question if the game will ever be finished.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
There should be more RPGs centered around arch-mages and their progession from neophyte to God of All I See and Destroy. Played a mod or two for Oblivion back in the day but it left me unsatisfied, though that Midas Magic mod was fun

Jarmaro

Liturgist
The NPC portraits alone are enough to put this overpromising title on the trash bin.
...you could unironically do a script that puts all the portraits through an AI with a command to make it more stylized/prettier...and get satisfying results. Like, probably in a few minutes.

Last edited:

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
The NPC portraits alone are enough to put this overpromising title on the trash bin.
...you could unironically do a script that puts all the portraits through an AI with a command to make it more stylized/prettier...and get satisfying results.
Thanks for the tip but my problem was his woke choices, that lead me to believe i will get a generated quest, to find a sex change potion until midnight, or X npc will kill xerself.

mondblut

Arcane
...you could unironically do a script that puts all the portraits through an AI with a command to make it more stylized/prettier...and get satisfying results.
Thanks for the tip but my problem was his woke choices, that lead me to believe i will get a generated quest, to find a sex change potion until midnight, or X npc will kill xerself.

Failing a quest never felt that good!

Nazrim Eldrak

Scholar
Huh, why is that old Infinitron ?
When I read the latest reviews on Steam, they say it's buggy.
I mean, ok, they're almost a month old, but is that old for you?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom