Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
In my opinion, we are first and foremost a role playing game forum. It doesn't mean that we can't have free speech. The problem we have is that a lot of threads end up derailed by completely unrelated discussions. Some people trolling, and other came from the wastes of some other sites. Games have political messages, and those should be discussed, praised or criticized.

What you can do is deal with hurdurniggergaylololol posters.
Derailed game-related threads get split as fast as they come, so it's not a problem at all.
There's a special person trained in splitting, cutting and circumcision to deal with that.
Sure, but some people register while not having much interest in actual game discussion.

Do they, really? The political side is well hidden behind the wait/paywall. I doubt the Codex is known far and wide as a place where politically incorrect discussions can take place. More like a nest of neonazi trolls, but focused on RPGs.

Codex Year of the Donut
In my opinion, we are first and foremost a role playing game forum. It doesn't mean that we can't have free speech. The problem we have is that a lot of threads end up derailed by completely unrelated discussions. Some people trolling, and other came from the wastes of some other sites. Games have political messages, and those should be discussed, praised or criticized.

Derailed game-related threads get split as fast as they come, so it's not a problem at all.
There's a special person trained in splitting, cutting and circumcision to deal with that.
Sure, but some people register while not having much interest in actual game discussion.

Do they, really? The political side is well hidden behind the wait/paywall. I doubt the Codex is known far and wide as a place where politically incorrect discussions can take place. More like a nest of neonazi trolls, but focused on RPGs.
we can't even discuss negative things in video games without someone shoving it behind a paywall

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Build the (pay)Wall!

Only the prestigious may enter!

Maybe we should have trials to be granted entry, like in Fallout 2.

Maybe the trial has you doing something politically uncorrect, as a way to filter out the crazies. Also, insurance.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Build the (pay)Wall!
paywall.PNG

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The codex is known for a lot of non-flattering reasons.

You also made a point for me. People need to wait a year for the hidden forums. Meanwhile, they plague other threads.

In the end, the owner of the site will decide, no matter what anyone else thinks.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

The codex is known for a lot of non-flattering reasons.

You also made a point for me. People need to wait a year for the hidden forums. Meanwhile, they plague other threads.

I still refuse to believe the KKKodex attracts people interested only in the political stuff.

People registering while not being super interested in RPGs isn't really a problem, users can discuss whatever they want within the rules and there's an ignore function if someone follows the rules but you can't stand them anyway.

Resentful users who hate the site like Taxalot, silvercoin and Lycra seem to be a bigger problem, since it's pretty clear they will jump at the chance to do harm.

I'm not one to judge because I got baited into having most of my posting here land in the politics section but why the fuck does it even exist in the first place?

Is that even a responsibility/burden you want to carry, on your own, for no compensation whatsoever, in this day and age with so many low functioning psychos hypnotizing one another online?

I'm genuinely curious about how people like you DarkUnderlord think. Do politics have anything to do with your personal hobby, the reason why you created this website? Do you recognize yourself in all the edgy posting, borderline or unrepentant racism, neo-nazism, calls to violence against other groups...?

Are you ready to potentially bite the bullet one day for anonymous sociopaths who will just move on to another poorly moderated website to shitpost and leave you to deal with the real life consequences on your own? Most countries have hate speech laws, most countries prosecute people who host online communities where direct calls to violence are left unmoderated. You apparently live in that kind of country.
Even if you assume that hosting the website in the USA is enough to cover your ass for now, and it might be, does it add anything of value to your life to have the risk of that loophole eventually be investigated/disregarded by Australian authorities?

Do you want to wake up one day reading headlines about a "far-right neonazi Roleplaying video game website hosted by mr. X living at XXXX Bogan str." where new mass shooter of the week #95832 posted daily about his hatred for Jews, Mexicans and Homosexuals?
The fuck do you gain from it?

The satisfaction of pissing off people like you, I imagine.

laclongquan

Arcane
Resentful whiny chaps like that I just dont understand.

If you like to post Politics only, fine, no problem.

If you like to post flaming opinions only, also no problem.

If you fear your posts will come back to haunt you, also no problem. I just cant imagine admins would not nuke your account and you get back with another myaccountname09. No fear of lost street cred linked to that account name and everyone know it's your clone.

If you want street cred, AND dont want to lose your posts, BUT still dont want your posts coming back to haunt you.... now this is strange. Without such flaming opinions, who would remember your troll face?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
People registering while not being super interested in RPGs isn't really a problem, users can discuss whatever they want within the rules and there's an ignore function if someone follows the rules but you can't stand them anyway.

Resentful users who hate the site like Taxalot, silvercoin and Lycra seem to be a bigger problem, since it's pretty clear they will jump at the chance to do harm.
Pretty much, yeah.

No one is going to wait a year for GD access when places like 4chan already exist. The people who are here either want to shitpost about RPGs or else they've been here for years and just like hanging out with other users with similar interests.
It's fever-pitched tribalism on their part due to the political climate. They can't ban or report you for wrongthink, so they want to take the site down.

They hate the site, but are addicted to it. They're like the people who go on Twitter to argue and then report everyone they argue with as if it means anything. Vindictive, small-minded people who just want their side to "win".

fork

[...]They hate the site, but are addicted to it. They're like the people who go on Twitter to argue and then report everyone they argue with as if it means anything. Vindictive, small-minded people who just want their side to "win".

And they are "winning". And not just here, but pretty much everywhere.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
[...]They hate the site, but are addicted to it. They're like the people who go on Twitter to argue and then report everyone they argue with as if it means anything. Vindictive, small-minded people who just want their side to "win".

I put "win" in quotations not because their side isn't succeeding, but because they themselves aren't winning at all. They merely empower people stronger than them in the hopes that those people, who nearly openly wish them all dead, will give them something in return.

It's the same principle as the Bolshevik revolution in the 20th century, only instead of free housing, food etc., they do all this for vague promises of free stuff and a future where the people who made them feel bad for their perverse, decadent lifestyles are eradicated.

At best, they would be allowed to live as slaves in whatever (literally) Luciferian Hell on Earth they give rise to. But more likely, they'll die in one of the many depopulation events we're currently living through, no doubt cursing Trump and White people with their dying breaths.

fork

I put "win" in quotations not because their side isn't succeeding, but because they themselves aren't winning at all. They merely empower people stronger than them in the hopes that those people, who nearly openly wish them all dead, will give them something in return.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

They are resentful that we exist. It is that simple. People to the right of Pol Pot daring to speak their mind without fear of being canceled, literally shaking, I can't even!11

Rightoids generally don't go to Antifa websites and try to flip them. The opposite is however not true.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

They are resentful that we exist. It is that simple. People to the right of Pol Pot daring to speak their mind without fear of being canceled, literally shaking, I can't even!11

Rightoids generally don't go to Antifa websites and try to flip them. The opposite is however not true.

False, I'm a right-winger (rightoid lmao you faggots) and I go to twitter, a pro-Antifa website, and flip every scum motherfucker in that site.

mondblut

Arcane

That's what I say. Most people to the right of Pol Pot generally don't care that wannabe Pol Pots have places to congregate and discuss their "Harrison Bergeron" fantasies. Not the other way around, though. No dissent is permitted anywhere ever. Everyone has to kneel and kiss the ring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom