Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters
Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange
Home on Lagrange

Last edited by a moderator:

Zlaja

Arcane
What some of you newfags seem to fail to understand is that this site's motto has always been "we're a bunch of angry cunts". As simple as that. So, if you're not angry about something, then you took a wrong turn somewhere. This is a place you visit to vent about stuff that pisses you off, and dunk on people who have stupid opinions about videogames. It's not about being edgy, but honest and unchained. Be a bro all you want, but you have to be ready to pounce and take a shit on moronic people's favorite games.

Carry on, soldier.

Alphons

Cipher
It's over.
:negative:

IMG-20211027-084635.jpg

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We can have an RPG discussion website without a political forum.

And we can split and retardo non-RPG Discussions.

I have been visiting this forum long before registering an account. Other sites had great RPG guides/tips/walthroughts, but this site had great discussions about RPGs (especially old ones). This is the main value of RPG Codex for me.
I have creted an account to get access to GD and check what misteries await in there... and it was nothing special, to be honest.
If I want to check political discussion - I use YouTube. If I want to check endless uncensored rage of teenage nazis - I can read /pol/ ... if I have the desire to do so, for some reason.

On the first glance, one might think that after a whore slept with five guys for good reviews of her game in 2014, which for some reason caused a discord in gaming community, huge gaming corporations started pushing one-sided liberal agenda into every single AAA game. But this did not happen only to computer games, the same is happening in all western media - TV/movies/books etc.
It got to the point where some people, before trying out a product, are checking it for "liberal agenda". And in case of RPGs, it looks like most of the current generation of gaming writers are not just liberals, they are liberal-extremists that hate any bit of wrong-think and are getting offended by the thought of someone with a different political view.

There is a theory, that this social divide (in not just gaming audience, but in society in general in USA) is manufactured artificially by the "deep state" to keep the minds of the youth occupied with made-up social issues, instead of the serious ones. The real issue in the USA is that another economical recession is inevitable and should arrive soon™. People should be talking about economics/jobs/healthcare/taxing the rich/getting jobs back to USA, but instead on their minds are gay/transsexual rights and the number of genders.
Here, in Codex, everyone in GD or other sub-forums who are discussing the latest outrageous news related to liberal agenda are doing exactly what is expected from them by the "deep state". They waste their time and effort on problems of 3-4% of the population, instead of their own problems.
<tinfoil hat>Supposedly, this radical shift in media happened after "Occupy Wall Street" movement achieved a minor success. This made the 1% feel threathened.</tinfoil hat>

At the same time, related to RPG Codex - I feel like racism/insults/disrespect to each-other were always there. But the forum was not as politicised as it is now, and this is simply the reaction to computer games getting politicised.
Because the forum allows insulting/hateful posts, thin-skinned people are being driven off it. The remaning userbase is ok with being insulted after each of their post and are happy to insult back. In my opinion, this excessive aggro (nazi politics, insults) detract from quality RPG discussion. And these kind of comments happen not just in GD, but pollute gaming forums also.

What I would suggest - do not divide the site into two. Leave off-topic forums as they are.
Gaming-related forums must have stricted rules of conduct. I do not suggest banning political discussion, because in some cases, half of the game could not be discussed. I mean conducting a more ... polite discussion.

This forum was made great by RPG enthusiasts who needed a place to discuss their favourite games with less moderation compared to other places. Do not forget about this. This is a gaming forum. Thank you.

Best post of this whole sorry thread. Rest could be deleted and not much would be lost.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Best post of this whole sorry thread. Rest could be deleted and not much would be lost.
It really isn't. It all boils down to this non-specific solution:
What I would suggest - do not divide the site into two. Leave off-topic forums as they are.
Gaming-related forums must have stricted rules of conduct. I do not suggest banning political discussion, because in some cases, half of the game could not be discussed. I mean conducting a more ... polite discussion.
What does "polite discussion" even mean? Where do you draw the line? Vague rules are inevitably abused and/or misinterpreted.

As DU and others said, censorship quickly becomes a slippery slope. And in the end, it gains you nothing because some faggot pink-haired tranny will still pull the same shit that would get the site in trouble.

Submitting to their demands isn't going to help you. Even if you turned the site into Reset Era, remember that Reset Era formed out of NeoGaf because no matter how much NeoGaf cucked to them, it still wasn't good enough.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom