Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters
Codex Year of the Donut
As Mass Resistance explains, “During the British Columbia elections in the spring of 2017, Christian activist Bill Whatcott passed out hundreds of flyers notifying people that one of the local candidates for Parliament, Morgane Oger — who claimed to be a woman and dressed as a woman — was actually a man named Ronan Oger. (In fact, up until five years ago, Oger lived relatively normally as a father with his wife and two children.)”

That was it. He simply reported the truth: Morgane was a biological male.
So you're saying it should be a crime to inform people about the candidates they're voting for by using fliers?

I'm saying harassment is a crime in many nations and probably most/all of them. I'm saying that if you're too much of a mouth breather to understand the difference between a one off comment and a harassment campaign, you've got bigger problems than can be addressed on the Codex and I suggest you find yourself a caretaker and/or a mental health professional. Regardless, I wish you all the best in your endeavours, pointless as they seem to be.
How is informing someone of the physical characteristics of a person running for parliament 'harassment'?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
As Mass Resistance explains, “During the British Columbia elections in the spring of 2017, Christian activist Bill Whatcott passed out hundreds of flyers notifying people that one of the local candidates for Parliament, Morgane Oger — who claimed to be a woman and dressed as a woman — was actually a man named Ronan Oger. (In fact, up until five years ago, Oger lived relatively normally as a father with his wife and two children.)”

So you're saying it should be a crime to inform people about the candidates they're voting for by using fliers?

I'm saying harassment is a crime in many nations and probably most/all of them. I'm saying that if you're too much of a mouth breather to understand the difference between a one off comment and a harassment campaign, you've got bigger problems than can be addressed on the Codex and I suggest you find yourself a caretaker and/or a mental health professional. Regardless, I wish you all the best in your endeavours, pointless as they seem to be.
How is informing someone of the physical characteristics of a person running for parliament 'harassment'?

Why don't you call the police in Vancouver and report back to us on your findings? Godspeed, fair traveler.

Codex Year of the Donut

Why don't you call the police in Vancouver and report back to us on your findings? Godspeed, fair traveler.
I see you're still not using my preferred pronoun. Why do you insist on harassing me?

Greek Anime God

Scholar
As a person who doesn't hate any specific group of people, I find the many casual xenophobic, homophobic, racist, white-supremacist, etc. remarks quite off-putting and in bad taste.
I also agree with the megacorps, the guys at the world economic forum, Alphabet and the rest that this kind of thing is unacceptable. We should chug some soy beer together sometime in my pod while talking about how distasteful poor people are and unpack our privilege knapsacks.

Thankfully, I have no idea what you're talking about :)
We'll talk it over while some underage boys give us a lapdance.

Please get help.
Are you differently abled and need a ramp to get into the place? I apologize for my ableness privilege and assuming you could walk.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
We'll talk it over while some underage boys give us a lapdance.

Please get help.

That was real, by the way. Now who's the crazy one? No one can avoid taking sides anymore. The red pill has an extended release variant. None of this is even an actual conspiracy theory, and many people here used to be liberals 20 years ago.
High School Students Gave Teachers Lap Dances at Homecoming Event
‘MAN PAGEANT’

Blake Montgomery
Reporter/Editor

Published Oct. 27, 2021 7:55PM ET
208956127_4101213963308717_7245223552648631028_n_bq1fm1

Hazard High School
A Kentucky high school celebrated homecoming this week with a new type of student-teacher conferences: lap dances. A “Man Pageant” showcased students in underwear and in drag dancing for their teachers, including the principal, in Hazard High School’s gym. The principal, Donald “Happy” Mobelini, is also the mayor of Hazard. Hazard Independent Schools superintendent Sondra Combs said “appropriate disciplinary action has been taken,” but did not specify. A school board member told the Louisville Courier-Journal, “Normally, the principal, Happy Mobelini, is pretty dad-gum strict, so that surprises me.” A thread dedicated to the events in the Reddit community r/trashy was titled, “This is the mayor of my town being grinded on by a high school student dressed as a woman.”

Read it at Louisville Courier-Journal

newFile-4.jpg

One video, first posted on Instagram in October 2017 then shared again in January 2018, shows one male student — dressed in a bra, shorts and wig — grinding on two other male students who sat in chairs in the middle of the gym, while a fourth student simultaneously throws a wad of what looks like cash into the air.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt-disciplinary-action-lap-dances/8580138002/

mondblut

Arcane
flyers notifying people that one of the local candidates for Parliament, Morgane Oger — who claimed to be a woman and dressed as a woman — was actually a man named Ronan Oger.

If you can't see how describing someone in a way and making an accident is different than taking an active campaign against someone because you disagree with their personal choices, you're insane.

Funny, I thought democracy favors scrutinizing politicians and exposing minute details about their personal lives for voters to consider. What other personal choices voters should now be kept in the dark over? The candidate being a drug user? Having a fling on the side?

edit: I see Rusty has already pointed it out, resulting in you going full NPC. Shame.

Last edited:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Exactly my point. If I remember correctly, Solasta from my example had gender pronoun selection at the start, which didn't affect anything whatsoever (I haven't played the game yet). More importantly, it was an entirely optional feature, you could just leave it alone and get on with your life. But apparently it got some people worked up so much that they felt the need to refund the game... which is fine too, but the whole discussion was clogged with that crap. Wonder how these people deal with official forms where there is an "Other" option for your gender :) (personally, I just find it slightly amusing).

upload_2021-11-1_7-9-35.gif

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Exactly my point. If I remember correctly, Solasta from my example had gender pronoun selection at the start, which didn't affect anything whatsoever (I haven't played the game yet). More importantly, it was an entirely optional feature, you could just leave it alone and get on with your life. But apparently it got some people worked up so much that they felt the need to refund the game... which is fine too, but the whole discussion was clogged with that crap. Wonder how these people deal with official forms where there is an "Other" option for your gender :) (personally, I just find it slightly amusing).

View attachment 21412

Says the one with the anime avatar... :hero:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Wonder how these people deal with official forms where there is an "Other" option for your gender :) (personally, I just find it slightly amusing).

It used to be amusing... until it is not.

Wait till you get hospitalized after "misgendering" some painted freak in drag on the street... then end up arrested for "hate crime".

Yeah. Just wait til you get "cis" and your pronouns tattooed across your forehead and traditional marriage is forbidden. Just wait until procreation is mandated by the state and done in test tubes so we can all realize our homonormative reality. Just wait until... hang on, I forgot to take my meds.
This head in the sand rhetoric doesn't work anymore. You are either willfully ignorant or dissimulating.

Deleted member 28561

This head in the sand rhetoric doesn't work anymore. You are either willfully ignorant or dissimulating.
What is worse Hermes wonders. To deal with hylics or hateful liars?

mediocrepoet

Patron
flyers notifying people that one of the local candidates for Parliament, Morgane Oger — who claimed to be a woman and dressed as a woman — was actually a man named Ronan Oger.

If you can't see how describing someone in a way and making an accident is different than taking an active campaign against someone because you disagree with their personal choices, you're insane.

Funny, I thought democracy favors scrutinizing politicians and exposing minute details about their personal lives for voters to consider. What other personal choices voters should now be kept in the dark over? The candidate being a drug user? Having a fling on the side?

edit: I see Rusty has already pointed it out, resulting in you going full NPC. Shame.

Before I start, I'd like to make it apparent that I'm addressing this sort of viewpoint generally rather than mondblut in particular since some of this stuff probably doesn't apply to him at all.

I always find it interesting that the same sorts of people who are into VPNs and talk about privacy rights and the horrors of doxing are the same people who tend to bring up the "right" to know about someone else's medical history and private life. Similarly, the same sorts of people talking about NPCs are the same ones parroting the same talking points and circle jerking each other about their culture war nonsense all while being oblivious to the irony.

Do employers have the right to know about the types of stuff everyone writes on the internet under whatever username they pick out? Does the passerby on the street deserve to know about what you post here? People in this thread have been up in arms about some users disclosing what various members have written in GD and other areas of this site. In order to make a link between an employer's "right to know" or the public's "right to know", you would need to turn the corner on making a link between whatever thought or behaviour people apparently have the right to know and public safety, the requirements of the job, etc. Not just curiosity, or not liking something. There's a difference between a substantive interest and the harassing and persecuting others.

I can deal with dumb jokes and disparate viewpoints. But this sort of hypocrisy is really pathetic. Cherry picking and advocating for "free speech" which apparently is having the right to agree with you is just sad. The fact that many posters in this thread are either too disingenuous or lack the self reflection, critical thinking, or reading comprehension to even understand what's in the articles they're linking is an indictment of your weakness, your poor education, and your lack of character. At the very least, grant that other people have the "rights" you sorts claim for yourselves and then see what type of soapbox you have left. You fear a police state while trying to build one for others and it makes me respect you a lot less.

tl;dr Hatemongers should take the time to pull their heads out of their asses, it might help them see the world more clearly. YMMV

Oberon

Learned
As a person who doesn't hate any specific group of people, I find the many casual xenophobic, homophobic, racist, white-supremacist, etc. remarks quite off-putting and in bad taste.
I also agree with the megacorps, the guys at the world economic forum, Alphabet and the rest that this kind of thing is unacceptable. We should chug some soy beer together sometime in my pod while talking about how distasteful poor people are and unpack our privilege knapsacks.

Thankfully, I have no idea what you're talking about :)

There are people who will always look back and say "let's just make peace with them, let's befriend them, they are more civilized today". Torah says no. Don't come to terms, don't let your heart be appeased and complacent with Amalek.

Edom is the grandfather of Amalek. If Amalek is Germany, then who is Edom? Edom includes most of Europe. It includes the United States of America.

We cannot allow him (Amalek) to exist. He (Amalek) is the one interfering with our job.

:)

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
I always find it interesting that the same sorts of people who are into VPNs and talk about privacy rights and the horrors of doxing are the same people who tend to bring up the "right" to know about someone else's medical history and private life. Similarly, the same sorts of people talking about NPCs are the same ones parroting the same talking points and circle jerking each other about their culture war nonsense all while being oblivious to the irony.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

A public figure is a person, such as a politician, celebrity, social media personality, or business leader, who has a certain social position within a certain scope and a significant influence and so is often widely of concern to the public, can benefit enormously from society, and is closely related to public interests in society.[1]

Which part of "one of the local candidates for Parliament" has failed to penetrate your enlightened brain?

mediocrepoet

Patron

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_figure

A public figure is a person, such as a politician, celebrity, social media personality, or business leader, who has a certain social position within a certain scope and a significant influence and so is often widely of concern to the public, can benefit enormously from society, and is closely related to public interests in society.[1]

Which part of "one of the local candidates for Parliament" has failed to penetrate your enlightened brain?

Which part of "you would need to turn the corner on making a link between whatever thought or behaviour people apparently have the right to know and public safety" has failed to penetrate your wooden one? Just because someone's running for office doesn't entitle you to know every part of their life. That sort of muckraking is frowned upon and you actually can harass and otherwise make offenses against even sitting public officials and candidates.

mondblut

Arcane
Just because someone's running for office doesn't entitle you to know every part of their life.

Oh no, it does. If someone who is running for office has a bunch a paramours with out-of-wedlock children, is constantly stoned out of his mind, or is a man pretending to be a woman, the voters deserve to know. Believe it or not, that may seriously affect their decision to vote for him or against him. And said decision needs to be as informed as possible. That's democracy for you.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Just because someone's running for office doesn't entitle you to know every part of their life.

Oh no, it does. If someone who is running for office has a bunch a paramours with out-of-wedlock children, is constantly stoned out of his mind, or is a man pretending to be a woman, the voters deserve to know. Believe it or not, that may seriously affect their decision to vote for him or against him.

Thank you for the pandering explanation. Here's mine: one of those things is not like the others.

1) Bastard children, assuming the result of infidelity, make an individual susceptible to blackmail and other undue influence, ergo it's a public safety issue.
2) Illicit drug use or other addictions may impair judgment, may make an individual susceptible to blackmail and other undue influence (e.g. if their behaviour is illegal), ergo it's a public safety issue.
3) A person's gender identity does what exactly? Has offended God?

There are pieces of information about a person that really aren't anyone else's business. Just because you can muckrake doesn't mean you should.

mediocrepoet

Patron
A person's gender identity does what exactly? Has offended God?

Now you're not arguing autistically about some minor point, but actively peddling degeneracy. And there's plenty of reasons why trannies are an abomination. It's all in GD. Lurk more.

I'm exercising my right to free speech apparently that's what more than half the users want. That is explicitly NOT a hivemind, right? Besides, this is actually at the heart of the issue: Should crap like this pollute every part of the site, including RPG discussion because the conversation led there, or should you wall it away in GD or on another site because it's toxic, pointless, and is impossible to stay on topic around?

So, here's a better deal: you go back to GD and stay out of gaming threads with this shit (yes, I'm aware this is site feedback and not a gaming thread).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom