Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arguing with Clown World = Ban For No Reason

Prosper III

Prospernaut
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The official codex discord server, and in particular the General Chat section, heavily policies non-pc speech. In fact it' embrace of censorship is Left Coast (California) style.

What makes codex great is our ability and right to air our grievances against minorities and to use perfectly acceptable language like faggot to describe anyone we don't like. Personal enemies, random pedestrians, it doesn't matter.

Rpgs are important ofcourse. More important is the quality assurance we get in our ability to review games by not acting like soyboy faggots who need to police other's speech. If hitler is to arise it won't be because of sites like this. But that is political opinion. What cruelty we are gathered here today to discuss is not even being able to expression an opinion.

The terrible idea that some people must be persecuted because it helps mossad, the codex's pocket books, or what have you, is one we must fight. Your front line is the staff who you ask to exhibit good judgement. There will be bad days and good days. But I think we can all agree there can never be a day where things indicated in the screenshots playout with no consequences to those we trust to moderate.

If our principles mean anything they should apply domestically and abroad. When you say RpgCodex official Discord, you are representing us. You are as an embassy with our fucking sponsorship.

Without further ado here's some screenshots. Think for yourself, but also go look up what the actual conversation in GeneralChat was, and apply General Discussion standards. You'll see nothing was out of bounds. Only the moderation was.

7VW86Tg.png

eOcUuR6.png

p.s. I had a former team member from my own rpg game who happens to be a moderator on the discord and according to them they didn't even think it worth a try to "unmute" me. That tells you how chilling the effects are of letting staff get away with bullshit. That former status was thanks to this drama btw. Quitting and coming back later isn't an option if perfect acceptable speech gets you banned from an entire discussion room. Go read the discord. I did nothing wrong.

Semiurge

Cipher
Aren't Discord channels invisible to all but the members who have been hand-picked? So why worry about "representation"? I agree that the Codex should remain invisible to the great eye in the sky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom