Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

Data4

Arcane
Can't wait to run missions on Altis. The place is goddamned huge.

I'd help you but then I'd reveal my steam ID to the cockdex and I can't have that, now can I? You have my spiritual support though!

BURN IT TO THE GROUND
:mob:

Data4

Arcane
They don't need to make a campaign. They need to work on porting in A2/OA and other addons instead of relying on community jury-rigging with stuff like AiA. Really, who needs single player content with Arma anyway? Not everyone likes the future tech, and Arma2+ assets are much more rich and varied. But the A3 engine sure is pretty.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I need singleplayer content.
But it will be horrible horrible shit in ArmA3. Showcases prove that people making missions for ArmA3 have not a slightest clue about what ArmA is. They think it's Call of Duty or something.

Also fuck porting the old content. Sides not being just recolors of each other with exactly the same weapons like it was in shitty cheap late 90s RTS games would be a good start.
But it will not happen of course when fail train is going full speed. BIS has cut out civilian sites module "because it was causing issues" which in BIS-2013 speak means "you can forget about seeing it ever again". What issues did it cause I have no idea. It's that module that added civies wandering around towns.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
It took me 1 hr and fifteen minutes to fly around the perimeter in a humming bird at around 100-150km/hour. Lot's of buildings and props, the thing is massively huge, looks like a lot of detail down on the ground. Plus nicely varied terrain, lot's of settlements, some sprawling towns. Didn't even fly through the interior. Looks like a lot of work went into to. I'm impressed. Hopefully we'll get a full game to go with the map within the next year or so.

MetalCraze

Arcane
ArmA3 plot details leaked for a campaign that does not exist in the final release
Courtesy of biforums

Considering all the wrecks it's been a zombie apocalypse,iranians developed the virus in those domes and Altis was the testbed,in a week everything went to hell,AAF stepped in and blew everyone cars to prevent escape.Also for some reason iranians hated women so the virus killed them all.
Then Nato was in the area and when they saw all the mess they couldn't stay away from it.Sadly a few of their transport planes were shot down and CSAT managed to steal some UGVs and a few turrets.
When they saw Nato superior turret technology they decided to transform the domes into factories to make the new turret for all their vehicles.The UGV were too advanced to reproduce so they just decided to paint them differently just to piss Nato even more.
FIA was made from surviving civ population,when they saw all their women died they decided to take arms,now they plan ops in their garages.

But hey at least it has trading cards now!

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
ArmA3 plot details leaked for a campaign that does not exist in the final release
Courtesy of biforums

Considering all the wrecks it's been a zombie apocalypse,iranians developed the virus in those domes and Altis was the testbed,in a week everything went to hell,AAF stepped in and blew everyone cars to prevent escape.Also for some reason iranians hated women so the virus killed them all.
Then Nato was in the area and when they saw all the mess they couldn't stay away from it.Sadly a few of their transport planes were shot down and CSAT managed to steal some UGVs and a few turrets.
When they saw Nato superior turret technology they decided to transform the domes into factories to make the new turret for all their vehicles.The UGV were too advanced to reproduce so they just decided to paint them differently just to piss Nato even more.
FIA was made from surviving civ population,when they saw all their women died they decided to take arms,now they plan ops in their garages.

But hey at least it has trading cards now!

But will it have Day1 DLC?

MetalCraze

Arcane
No.

But don't be worried. With so much content missing from the game it has all the great potential for dozens of DLCs to make up for no Day1 one.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
The Steam forum for this game is pretty lol at the moment. Dwarden being a moron and other morons clamoring for his favor.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
MetalCraze Would you consider writing a full length review and analysis of ARMA 3 and why it sucks, once the game is released? I was thinking it could be funny if we posted that on the front page of the Codex. :cool:

Yes I can do that.
No "shit" and swear words in it even.

I see that the game has been released. The offer to do a review stands, if you're still interested.

potatojohn

Arcane
I think it's a joke based on some recent complaints that both sides have the same fucking vehicle turrets.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Sorry Konjad,

Didn't watch. It's a disappointment. Not sure who that fat fucker is but they haven't come close to getting the basics right. I'm talking about helicopters and convoys or any basic scripting that was (and is) built into Arma 2.

Nothing ever works, if you want to make 'a mission' make sure that it is stripped down to the most basic level. There is tonne frustration here. Not sure how calling it a 'release' makes anything better. It isn't

Other issues have been harrped upon for basically half a year with some tweaking to AI. I understand the politics and money thing but WHY? Oh WHY? would anyone buy this?

Just pissed off more than I thought. It's one thing to make shitty, boring and broken 'showcases' or whatever they call it but when you want to use the 'sandbox' there is nothing there and the AI fucks you over except for the most simplistic cases, you get angry.

Don't give a fuck anymore. I tried. But this is a miss. It's putrid crape.

I really hate Arma 3. I wish there was an easy solution but there itsn't. Self sucking Jupitar sized panets. Who know, paby there's a seep

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom