Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1658

Everybody downvote for great justice.:smug:
TAGS: 16yearoldtrannythatisntevenafemale, abusable, ArmA, bugtracker abuse, BUGTRACKER NOTES IS NOT A FORUM, character, equality, equipment, feature, Female, Female player models, feminazi, Front, Frontline, III, immersion, inane ramblings, irrelevant, irrelevant_to_game_development, Ladies, Lady, legit request that may impact market share, line, muh vagina is priority high, Multiplayer, New, nothing to do with equality., playable femal character, Player, player model, profile customisation, Soldier, Soldiers, Woman
:hmmm:

MetalCraze

Arcane
http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=1658

Everybody downvote for great justice.:smug:
TAGS: 16yearoldtrannythatisntevenafemale, abusable, ArmA, bugtracker abuse, BUGTRACKER NOTES IS NOT A FORUM, character, equality, equipment, feature, Female, Female player models, feminazi, Front, Frontline, III, immersion, inane ramblings, irrelevant, irrelevant_to_game_development, Ladies, Lady, legit request that may impact market share, line, muh vagina is priority high, Multiplayer, New, nothing to do with equality., playable femal character, Player, player model, profile customisation, Soldier, Soldiers, Woman
:hmmm:

The majority of people that want female models are male 2013 members. Fuck DerpZ.

I still have a small hope they will just move on after not getting what they want... Man I so want BF4 and DayZ standalone to come out tomorrow.

It's like watching Skyrim Nexus storm its way into the last bastion of incline.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I finally got my $33 pre-order. I suppose it's better than the kickstarter people as there's ten years or so of tech behind this game and I like it, plus I still have a few years left of learning the ins-and-outs of Arma2 before expecting this one to work.

I spent around forty-five minutes shifting the default WASD config to an ESDF config, because I like an extra four keys to use with my pinky and I've been doing this for many, many years. Normally, this is a five minute job for any FPS but since all 101 keys are used in this game, it takes a lot of shifting. So, I got the basics down.

Then I played the first infantry SP thing and wasn't really paying attention. I actually was lagging behind testing my keys while most of my fireteam got killed, but I caught up, shot maybe one guy, found the rest in the town. Wasn't bad, pretty easy. Killed the spotters and left. I was playing on regular. It isn't a good mission really. I was mostly ignorant and checking out new things then occasionally rambo'ing. Maybe it's harder if you don't let your team clear everything out first. I wasn't paying attention.

I checked out the editor and although the interface looks different, the functionality is the same. I whipped up a quick mission and the AI kicked my ass. I didn't bother with friendly AI, just a few guys in a town clearing thing and got my ass whipped. I swear they were flanking me, hiding and hunting me down. Tried it three times, I was impressed.

So I started making an armoury to check out all the new weapons, ammo, vehicles and stuff then thought, I bet someone has done this already. So I downloaded a few off of armaholic.com and just pissed the rest of the night away.

I went to the docks and started driving boats and the waves man, the waves! I've never seen that before. I went and swam with the fishes too. A few clipping glitches on my card but fun. Haven't even tried the SCUBA gear yet. I tried a Rally Race mission someone made just to see the map and tweak my vehicle controls, had fun racing around. Just when you think you're all alone he placed some enemies to blow you off your ATV. Good laughs.

After that I spent a lot more time tweaking my controls. There's a new tactical speed and I think I have that sorted out. It's now walk, tactical, run, sprint.

I thought the stance thing would be hard but it's not. Still have prone, crouch and stand, but there are nine (maybe ten) variations that are easily applied. I haven't figured out the leaning yet. I know there's varying degrees but I'll leave that for another day.

One thing that I really love about Arma is you can configure anything to do anything. Double-click this key, control-shift-that one, probably the most configurable interface on the planet, but also quite vague about many controls. I won't bitch though. I got it doing what I wanted. Only a few more controls left to do, like helicopters.

It also has snakes. Not just bunny rabbits but I saw a snake in the grass.

I'm already thinking of a water mission to create. Fun stuff.

I'm going to go play a UO Arma 2 mission now.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
So I downloaded a few off of armaholic.com and just pissed the rest of the night away.

Could you link those armory scenarios and give an advice how to install them please? First time playing ARMA for me and I want to learn how the guns and vehicles handle. Hope there are some sweet sweet russian weapons ingame, only have seen the SCAR turd so far. :o

thesoup

Arcane
There's not that many weapons as of yet, Surf Solar. Many a content is still missing due to it being alpha and all. I don't think I saw any Russian weapons.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Could you link those armory scenarios and give an advice how to install them please? First time playing ARMA for me and I want to learn how the guns and vehicles handle. Hope there are some sweet sweet russian weapons ingame, only have seen the SCAR turd so far. :o

Sure thing, this might be kind of long though. I'll try and spell it out for you.

B-U-Y A C-O-N-S-O-L-E

Just kidding.

First, goto: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18940

Then download from one of the links at the bottom and save somewhere.

Unzip (or unrar if you prefer) and find this file:

ArmA%203%20Armory.Stratis.pbo

Now navigate to: x:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions

and copy that file in there.

Load up Alpha 3.

Play->Multiplayer->New

Make sure it's on LAN so nobody can see you and click OK.

Normally you want Elite Difficulty but leave it on Regular for now. (NUMPAD ENTER will toggle 3rd/1rst person view so you can see what you're doing).

Select ArmA 3 Armory and OK/RESUME or whatever.

In the slotting screen, click under Alpha 1-1 so your name is there, then OK.

You'll be in the Briefing. Look at the map and zoom in or out with your scroll wheel. Drag it around or whatever. Then click CONTINUE.

Once in, you can walk up to Cash Registers and use your MOUSE SCROLL WHEEL and TELEPORT to wherever. Of course, everything is within a 30 second walk, maybe just look around and discover things for yourself. M is for Map.

If you use default controls and are a WASD guy then maybe Dslyecxi can help you. He has a TEXT tutorial with PICTURES and a VIDEO.

http://dslyecxi.com/arma-3/arma3-alpha-controls/

Good luck, soldier.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Thanks! Just didn't know how to actually activate the armory ingame, that you have to go into the multiplayersection etc. I've already printed out the keyboard layout and have it laying on my desk so its quicker to look up ingame.

As for the russian stuff, this is the only thing I found http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18836

potatojohn

Arcane
Got A2 content working... maps, weapons, vehicles,... only thing that doesn't work is spawning old NPCs because of the new inventory system.

MetalCraze

Arcane
New update brings improved shadows (and some crashfixes):

LqrhzI6.jpg

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Hah hah, that's hilarious.

(12 hours later)

It's bugged to hell and back. I can't get basic stuff working properly, like a helicopter take-off, fly, land and cycle. Dudes get out of the chopper and go for a swim in the ocean, for miles. Or wander around rocks. Sometimes they get back in and fly the cycle again. Bizarre how bad this is.

Two years and it might be playable, stick with Arma 2 for now.

thesoup

Arcane
I started laughing as soon as I saw CROSSFIT. Shit form, not at all special, move on.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I started laughing as soon as I saw CROSSFIT. Shit form, not at all special, move on.
True. Though it's more a counter to the lunacy of the "women can't even do push-ups" crowd than any proof that "women are as strong as men".

Can't we leave the fucking faggot/tranny/women shit discussions in GD?
We can't. It's about parameters of characters in a game and additionally this game happens to be a simulation so the "games are not supposed to be realistic" shit can't be applied.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm going to pull a Jaesun.

:jerkoff emoticon:

"It's about parameters of characters in a game...".

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Will they move and take damage at the same level?

MetalCraze

Arcane
True. Though it's more a counter to the lunacy of the "women can't even do push-ups" crowd than any proof that "women are as strong as men"
No such crowd. Just people posting facts why women are not on the frontlines. And it causes a MASSIVE butthurt of 16 years old male kids who can't play a female in CityLife RPG.

Citylife RPG - an unfortunate mutation of ArmA gameplay due to the ability to create almost any gameplay in the editor - it's literally THE LARP. Not "durrhurr ArmA is larpin cuz u call out targitz usin compas" but real, genuine LARPing. Doing something out of you "role" (like not telling a "criminal" about his rights if you are a "cop" when you are trying to arrest him) may get you banned from a server.

I like some excuses like "durr I'm 30 years olds and I want to buy ArmA3 for my girlfriend who won't even touch a game if it has no playable female characterin it". Yes we need a player in our community who only cares if his char has tits. Gameplay? Fuck that shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom