Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ArmA2 Videos

MetalCraze

Arcane
Unless shooting someone to your side because your gun model was conveniently pointed in their direction is an integral part of the game (which would make for some pretty convoluted gameplay), that sounds like LARPing.
Yes you can shoot someone when the gun is pointed at him and you pull the trigger. Just like in real life.
The gun shoots where you point it. Just like in real life. How can it be?

LARP'ing is when you pretend that something is there while it isn't there. You know like in a game where you point a gun at the guy, shoot and it misses due to a cheap spread - and you go all like - wooow, now that's realistic modelling!
Where you hold your gun firmly and shoot the guy 200m away that is right in the center of your aimpoint and there is no wind - yet you miss due to a retarded spread - and go all like - wooow, now that's realistic!

Same result?

Why care so much about that particular aspect of ballistic modeling when the end result is pretty much the same?
You have reading disabilities?

In the first case you will be able to shoot an enemy 10m away when you will pull the trigger and the gun is pointing at him

In PR's case you will miss even from 10m because of that retarded cheap trick. Even if the enemy is right in front of the barrel.

Yes - the result is exactly the same.

I guess real world US, UK and Australian military prefers ArmA's even more detailed and hardcore version to everything else in its virtual training for some stupid reasons eh?

Tycn

Savant
You have reading disabilities?
Skyway, having mastered the use of sarcasm, has branched into irony. Congratulations!

LARP'ing is when you pretend that something is there while it isn't there. You know like in a game where you point a gun at the guy, shoot and it misses due to a cheap spread - and you go all like - wooow, now that's realistic modelling!
Where you hold your gun firmly and shoot the guy 200m away that is right in the center of your aimpoint and there is no wind - yet you miss due to a retarded spread - and go all like - wooow, now that's realistic!
Cool strawman bro. We're not talking about vanilla BF2.

Yes - the result is exactly the same.
It is, because the chance of you deciding to shoot while sprinting resulting in an enemy conveniently located to your left getting hit, is nil. Which makes your fixation with the orientation of weapons models while running pretty damn retarded.

I guess real world US, UK and Australian military prefers ArmA's even more detailed and hardcore version to everything else in its virtual training for some stupid reasons eh?
Still going on with your pathetic appeals to authority? I never claimed that PR is better for virtual training, only that you're full of shit.

Joghurt

Augur
Fun fact about OFP:

I remember that you could kill yourself in OFP by looking at the ground while sprinting and shooting a weapon. Didn't try it ArmA though but I think that won't work because ArmA has different animations.

But yeah Skyway you are kinda full of shit right now. Nobody is saying that PR is more realistic than ArmA. It isn't and it won't ever be. It's just that most of the shit you've said about PR just isn't true.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tycn said:
Cool strawman bro. We're not talking about vanilla BF2.
Who cares? Wasn't the argument about how when you move slower in PR the spread becomes smaller, when you move faster - the spread becomes higher. Which is fucking retarded. No matter how you move in ArmA2 the precision of a weapon isn't getting affected by anything because it's realistic.

It is, because the chance of you deciding to shoot while sprinting resulting in an enemy conveniently located to your left getting hit, is nil.
So? What about shooting an enemy in front of you? While aiming down the sites and moving.
No matter how you move you will always hit an enemy in front of the barrel in ArmA2, or whatever there is in front of the barrel.

In PR you stand in one place and the spread gets applied anyway. Even when you fucking stand. And there is no normal modelling of recoil, spread just gets bigger the more you shoot, so you can miss a target 20m away even if you point your gun at it.
And before you'll go there, telling me about how it's the same effect for recoil consider that in ArmA2 you can see where your weapon is pushed so you can compensate for recoil by adjusting the aim. You can't do this in BF2-without-crosshairs. Random spread is random.

If you find both systems similar even after this you are pretty fucking retarded.

Still going on with your pathetic appeals to authority? I never claimed that PR is better for virtual training, only that you're full of shit.
Really? Let's see - my arguments - realistic ballistics are realistic.
Your arguments - retarded spread for no reason is exactly the same which I already proven to be not true at least 3 times.

Try harder when you fail, bro.

Joghurt said:
But yeah Skyway you are kinda full of shit right now. Nobody is saying that PR is more realistic than ArmA. It isn't and it won't ever be. It's just that most of the shit you've said about PR just isn't true.

Of course he doesn't but see the guy arguing that realistic ballistics bring the same results as the retarded BF2 spread from PR.

Destroid

Arcane
Ever tried insurgency metalcraze? You would probably like the gunplay in that, it's a good mod for source engine.

Tycn

Savant
Who cares? Wasn't the argument about how when you move slower in PR the spread becomes smaller, when you move faster - the spread becomes higher. Which is fucking retarded. No matter how you move in ArmA2 the precision of a weapon isn't getting affected by anything because it's realistic.
So? What about shooting an enemy in front of you? While aiming down the sites and moving.

goalposts.jpg

Nice try, broski. Looks like you're not quite idiotic enough to argue for the gameplay merits of sideways swaying weapons models.

If you find both systems similar even after this you are pretty fucking retarded.
Nope, never made that claim. Why is it so hard to understand that my quarrel is not with the ArmA 2 ballistics system, but the amount of bullshit you produce?

Example:

PR is an arcade
There is no hitscan like in your arcades.
Human players can only play deathmatch and nothing else.
I wonder if you're daft enough to try to retroactively justify these statements.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Tycn said:
Nope, never made that claim
Somebody's backpedalling.

PR is an arcade - it's just a tweaked BF2 with all its arcadishness still intact which I pointed out.

There is no hitscan in ArmA2 like in your arcades - as I've already proven.

Human players indeed can only play deathmatch and nothing else - as I've already stated it will always be team vs. team in a battle to death. Even with tactics the basics of that will still be the same - no more complicated missions with f.e. sabotage or stealth and multiple objects with one following another. Unless of course you will find players who will just move around the base for an hour or two pretending that they are patroling, pretending that they are unaware that you are coming. I know none who will do this boredom close to LARPing.

Tycn

Savant
MetalCraze said:
Tycn said:
Nope, never made that claim
Somebody's backpedalling.
Four posts above. Who's backpedalling again?

PR is an arcade - it's just a tweaked BF2 with all its arcadishness still intact which I pointed out.
You haven't pointed out anything. Not that BF2 vanilla can be considered an arcade, either - the disparity between it and something like Quake (or even Call of Duty) should be obvious even to you.

Your criticisms of PR's inherited "arcadishness" amount to little more than nitpicking i.e. running weapons model which you have already abandoned.

There is no hitscan in ArmA2 like in your arcades - as I've already proven.
There's no hitscan in what you're attempting to portray as an "arcade", either.

Human players indeed can only play deathmatch and nothing else
Skyway really knows nothing about BF2.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Four posts above. Who's backpedalling again?
You are.

I always stood with my point about PR being an arcade.

You haven't pointed out anything. Not that BF2 vanilla can be considered an arcade, either - the disparity between it and something like Quake (or even Call of Duty) should be obvious even to you.
BF2 can't be considered an arcade? Are you in denial or something?
Choppers do 180 degree turns at full speed (same in PR), infantry nearly instantly (milliseconds) going from prone position to jumping (same in PR), arcade spread like in CoD or CS instead of ballistics (same in PR), jumping around in full gear (same in PR), health bars (same in PR), jumps with parachutes from 3rd floor (at least PR fixed this). More?

Your criticisms of PR's inherited "arcadishness" amount to little more than nitpicking i.e. running weapons model which you have already abandoned.
What? I always said that ArmA2 always keeps realistic ballistics intact even when running, while with PR you will miss even a fucking tank 20m away due to arcade spread.

There's no hitscan in what you're attempting to portray as an "arcade", either.
In PR do you fire at a running enemy 100m away by pointing crosshair at him or aiming a few meters in front of him?

If we are to talk about BF2 and not PR - it's even worse there. Unorganized morons spamming artillery onto control points, then running to them to capture. Repeat constantly. = BF2 gameplay.

Tycn

Savant
MetalCraze said:
You are.

I always stood with my point about PR being an arcade.
So either PR = Quake or Quake != arcade. Which is more ridiculous and why?

MetalCraze said:
BF2 can't be considered an arcade? Are you in denial or something?
Wikipedia said:
Arcade games often have very short levels, simple and intuitive control schemes, and rapidly increasing difficulty. This is due to the environment of the Arcade, where the player is essentially renting the game for as long as their in-game avatar can stay alive (or until they run out of tokens).

Games on consoles or PCs can be referred to as "arcade games" if they share these qualities or are direct ports of arcade titles

I can totally see the resemblance.

What? I always said that ArmA2 always keeps realistic ballistics intact even when running, while with PR you will miss even a fucking tank 20m away due to arcade spread.
Would this be the same "arcade spread" that makes it impossible to hit things while running in Quake 3, or makes hipfiring useless in Call of Duty?

In PR do you fire at a running enemy 100m away by pointing crosshair at him or aiming a few meters in front of him?
In front, obviously.

If we are to talk about BF2 and not PR - it's even worse there. Unorganized morons spamming artillery onto control points, then running to them to capture. Repeat constantly. = BF2 gameplay.
BF2 and not PR? What gave you the idea that the mod to a game where the main gamemode is capture points would implement nothing but deathmatch?

It sounds like you're doing it wrong, but I digress. Point is, you're full of shit.

denizsi

Arcane
I didn't read the thread but I caught mention of multiplayer. RTCW MP, Wolfenstein Enemy Territory, Crysis Power Struggle, Delta Force CTF. The top 4 MP experiences I have had. Particularly, Crysis and Delta Force handled team play in vast maps really good. 40+ players in Crysis PS is the shit. Chaos and adrenaline.

Destroid

Arcane
My experience with Crysis multiplayer PS was that it was fucking retarded and there were claymores everywhere.

BF1942/2/2142 was all better games in the same style. Also Fuel of War.

Destroid

Arcane
denizsi said:
Destroid said:
My experience with Crysis multiplayer PS was that it was fucking retarded and there were claymores everywhere.

Must have played with retards.

I played with whoever the servers gave me. I tried it over one of the free weekends.

denizsi

Arcane
I just noticed you are from Australia. Considering your internet service is shit, you probably played with other Aussies or maybe people from the region. I used to play in German and Russian servers. Those guys took their team action pretty seriously.

Destroid

Arcane
Internet services are fine here, but there is a rather small pool of players. It's really quite terrible, you have no hope of playing anything except the most popular games and mods.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom