Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://open.spotify.com/show/32D0s4zdgKVDplzPf8GZBO

At the time of the launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, “Echoes of Valhalla” offers the first immersive historical documentary series in audio.

Comedians, well-known experts and reconstructed scenes will bring to life the glorious eras of the people of the North, relating the story of the Vikings as you have never heard before.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sons eh? Quite sexist I must say. To Twitter!
Go forward gender brigadier,bring them as the disgusting christians say "hell"! In the name of our ungod athe,charge the walls of the patriarchy and barrage them with your feminist charms! May Lenin and Marx always be by your side :obviously: !

Oracsbox

https://open.spotify.com/show/32D0s4zdgKVDplzPf8GZBO

At the time of the launch of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, “Echoes of Valhalla” offers the first immersive historical documentary series in audio.

Comedians, well-known experts and reconstructed scenes will bring to life the glorious eras of the people of the North, relating the story of the Vikings as you have never heard before.

Ok I've listened to it...

Vikings didn't do 'nuthin' wrong....Ivar The Boneless was a beserker !
and whamen were awesome.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Üstad

Arcane
I don't know why people butthurt about this particular game, ass creed series were always historically inaccurate, they always targeted people who had boner for holywood histories. But you people assume the game has agenda but it does not, it's just they are dumb and they target dumb people, since you actually care about this game you should strongly consider your intelligence level.

This looks great. As long as they have exploration mode from Odyssey, I can easily see this becoming my favorite game this year.

For example look at this video, do you think they had maps like these in commonly known era as viking age? Dark age maps looked like this due to zealots from judea and their mass book burnings. Yes this map is created despite ptolemy and pomponius mela has drawn much better maps centuries ago.

Diagrammatic_T-O_world_map_-_12th_c.jpg

Now do you think this company tries to make christians and dark ages look better? Of course not.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Haven't seen a man talk that much and tell absolutely nothing. "Oh i have loved every single moment of every single asscreed game,but don't you thing that they are kind off repetitive after 20 copies of the same game." Fuck,calling a brown nosing is understatement if i have seen one,his whole game is shoved up the corporate ass.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Haha, 2080 Super for 1440p 60fps at medium settings, fuck off with that shit. No way there's that big a legit graphics advancement over Odyssey.

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/arti...halla-bringing-accessibility-to-a-viking-epic
We’ve also added a new option that is pretty cool," Murcia explains. "When your character is not able to move in a direction, we play a small audio cue to notify you that the character is stuck. We asked the programmers if we could do it, and we explained that it’s a request from blind players. It’s in the game, so we’re interested to see how it’s received.
Won't someone think of the deaf audiophiles?

Last edited:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!

The fuse has been lit, the countdown is on, the game is gold and I'm definitely going to pass on this one.

AC Odyssey was fun and interesting, charming protagonist and ancient Greece is a fun place to larp as an adventurer.

Even so, everything that had to do with Assassin's Creed lore in that game left a sour taste in my mouth. It's just such garbage. I hate the meta plot with a passion.

I would have loved a AAA game where I could larp as a Viking adventurer, but no it has to be in the "AC universe", so fuck it.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Just watched some gameplay of this stinker. I know it has been discussed before, but the hair in this game is atrocious. Every Viking character has that silly half-shaved hairstyle from the show.

Oracsbox

Sarkile said "Every Viking character has that silly half-shaved hairstyle from the show."

Agreed...we need more comb-overs
84010804.jpg

74174faba53f8ab3627726dbb54c632c.jpg

:obviously:
wtf_is_up_with_that_combover_640_03.jpg

wtf_is_up_with_that_combover_640_19.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
One of the main complaints of Yong Yea, is that the game is called "Assassin's Creed", so he wants assassinations to be awesome looking and impactful, stealth gameplay to be a big deal and so on and so forth.

Once again, highlighting the main issue with all AC games since AC Origins; that they are in fact "Assassin's Creed" games.

They never should have been and instead they should have been something new. The anchor around the neck of these new AC games is, ironically, the fact that they are called Assassin's Creed. Such a self-inflicted wound.

Perhaps it is just the risk aversion capitalism syndrome, but every single AC game since Origins would have been ten times better and more focused if this was a new and unrelated franchise.

Making these game "Assassin's Creed" was a mistake, and thereby tying their development and design to degenerate fags who know what Abstergo means, and think using a made up penis-blade is a cool weapon (spoiler: it never was)

It's such a shame, because behind this degeneracy are good light open world RPGs (Origins and Odyssey and Valhalla, everything before those is pure popamole, third rate Dan Brown degeneracy)

Oracsbox

Valhalla thoughts...

The wombyn Viking and her terrible voice acting is easy to avoid by just playing the dude.

The hair , yes it looks retarded but I see so many mongs in real life with stupid hair I've become accustomed to it.

The gay, again easy to ignore, its usually only one or two characters and you just shut down the homosex dialogue, by telling them to fuck off.

I think it comes down to 'do you like nu-asscreed game's ?

I for my sin's do :(..they don't crash on me, they look good, I like riding around on my horse/deer/camel etc...and I bizarrely enjoy the repetitive gameplay, which to be fair all games have in one way or another, it's just a matter of do you like this particular type.

I find them smooth to play as well.. indeed, it always astounds me when I watch a game reviewer make such an ungainly twat of himself playing one.

You could have quite a lot of fun with builds in Odyssey, indeed one hit kills and such were perfectly feasible even on nightmare, so I never understood that complaint, of sponges.

Voice acting for the majority is usually tolerable and often very well done.
I've always liked the music.

The animus stuff, yes it's kinda pointless and I wouldn't be bothered in the slightest if it disappeared.

So yes it's pure poppamole, but its slick and at least they reguarly patch the game unlike certain other companies I could mention.

But if you don't like nu-Asscreed, then avoid, obviously, why even bother looking ?

so...I'm looking forward to riding around on my wolf with a cat on board my mini-long boat, and going to topless brothels whilst thinking of my chicken farm.

By the way Youtube Ying-Yong has an incredibly annoying monotone voice ..I had to turn him off.

Oracsbox

It's just occurred to me how even more horrible playing a Bethesda game would be blind, how the fuck would you know who was speaking ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom