Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Captain Shrek

I have bad tastes and the technical design of this game aligns with them, hence its great!

EDITED: For comprehensive pleasure.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
sgc_meltdown, you are so smart, it makes me think of John Wayne.

Being out on the trail gives a man all by his lonesome some quality thinking time, pilgrim
3ec27d26.jpg

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's even funnier than that. In DKS a wizard could use a sword as a stat stick (and there were no classes anyway), but you had to fight with the weapon you had equipped if you wanted to do physical damage. In Diablo 3, if you play a monk, you can equip two swords, and see your character run around with them in his hands, but the moment you attack something, they disappear, and he uses hand-to-hand attacks. It looks really weird.

Anyway, before the Beta weekend ends, I'll see if it's possible to win without using your keyboard as a different class. Which one should I use. bros? I was thinking wizard.

Don't bother with trying Wizard. I already did it, it is possible and I was drunk the whole time to boot.

EDIT: Witch Doctor is the same, although I was sober that time.

Rpgsaurus Rex

OK I've reinstalled D1 with the mod and yes, it's no high-res. Seems my memory was distorted :(

hiver

Entertainment Weekly. From Computer Gaming World to Entertainment Weekly in 20 years. Well, we had some good times, eh?

If there is absolutely one lesson I've learned over four and a half decades it's that the morons always win. Always.
Thats because the smarter minority lets them. Exist.

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Torchlight 2 looks like total shit, if some say diablo 3 has bad graphics idk what they will say about Torchlight 2 and all the shiny high elf fantasy setting.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Torchlight 2 looks like total shit, if some say diablo 3 has bad graphics idk what they will say about Torchlight 2 and all the shiny high elf fantasy setting.

Torchlight was always like this.

Diablo was never about high elf Disney fantasy bullshit. It had naked corpses in pools of blood.

... before Diablo 3: Aladdin edition, that is.

ArcturusXIV

Cipher
Torchlight is uninspired.

As far as D3, I guess it's wait and see. I knew it was trouble when they announced the WoW team would be making it.

At first, it looked good, but without findable runes, I'm no longer interested.

Also, I want to pick skills and stats. That's the point of an RPG. Diablo's functional design is what keeps it entertaining--you are on a treadmill with infinite amounts of customization. I want to keep on the treadmill, daddy! Otherwise, you can keep your game. Without customization, no point in walking the damned hamster wheel.

Dexter

Arcane

At least it has shit like Skills and Stats and Custom Builds, also full Dev Tools so people can Mod and Change shit, 6Player CoOp, has no DRM, offers LAN play and doesn't do this Auction House bullshit either. Also not dumbed down for consoles, at a price of 20$/€ on Release can't really do much wrong.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Yes, basically game levels your character itself. Chooses stat points allocation and auto-adds skils.

They did it because choice means consequence, if its real choice. They cant allow casuals to make silly mistake and do wrong choice because 1) its bad for marketing to angry casual 2) casuals dont want to use brains, just click-click, so auto-leveling was decided best idea.

Next step will be Diablio 4 that auto-plays itself, without player interference. Like Progress quest (google it), though in Progress quest you were allowed to change stats at beginning.

Cassidy

Arcane
Why should I care about a series anyone who likes real CRPGs with deep story and/or combat and character rulesets would stay clear of?

Kotick gonna Kotick, news at 11.

Teepo

Scholar
So you agree Diablo 3 is shallow crap. Awesome.

Diablo 2 is not as mind numbingly boring and has at least some basic tactical thought required.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom