Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

joeydohn

Savant
Not in the first hour of Act 1 on normal :) I think you need to take a look at Diablo 2 again.

Teepo

Scholar
Actually yes in the first act on normal. If you dick around Andariel she will kill you. If you dick around Blood raven she will kill you. So what are you talking about?

You can die in the lair in the cold plains due to ice archers FFS, let alone the boss. If you don't think, you will die.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
I think you need your keyboard (if only to use potions) in order to kill Blood Raven, let alone Andariel. You can finish the D3 Beta with your mouse alone, tested with both monk and barbarian. I imagine it's even easier with ranged characters.

Teepo

Scholar
Yeah I'm sure the game gets awesome 5 minutes after the beta ends.

So who needs to look at Diablo 2 again Joey Dohn?

Andarial (almost said Andhaira) has killed me when I've been over levelled and trying. Fuck that bitch.

Stabwound

Arcane
To be honest, I found single player Wizard in the D3 beta to be challenging enough that I died. It feels like the monsters don't scale high enough with multiple players, though. I couldn't notice any real difference in the amount of energy/defense monsters had between 1 player and 4.

I didn't play a monk, but I partnered with one, and they get an AOE attack quite early on that just decimates everything. If there's one thing the game seems to possibly do wrong is make you level too quickly. Am I right in that you seem to level about 2x as quickly as you do in Diablo 2? Compound that with unlocking a new skill at every level and you might quickly overpower your enemies.

Teepo

Scholar
You must have made a series of serious mistakes to die as wizard. Leveling up took fucking forever in Diablo 2.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
look at Diablo 2

take off ur rose colored nostalgia glasses, the fact is diablo 2 had many flaws and hack and slash gameplay has evolved
you can't satisfy these hardcore d2 fans because they r living in the past and will hate diablo 3 just because it is improved and modern and they are out of touch with new games
244b8e46.jpg

Teepo

Scholar
You are super edgy. Explain to me why I should not have died to her.

Raapys

Arcane
To be honest, I found single player Wizard in the D3 beta to be challenging enough that I died.
Yeah, Wizard was somewhat challenging. Even ended up drinking a health potion once. Then I randomly equipped a weapon( didn't have one, since I figured I'd just use spells) since I was annoyed with the low spell damage, and lo and behold; Beam of Uselessness becomes Beam of EasyMode. Never needed another health potion.

Whoever came up with the idea that my Vampiric Dagger should be my base spell damage deserves a Nobel Prize award in logical thinking.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Yeah Andariel IS deadly. I'm with Losh here.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
To be honest, I found single player Wizard in the D3 beta to be challenging enough that I died.
Yeah, Wizard was somewhat challenging. Even ended up drinking a health potion once. Then I randomly equipped a weapon( didn't have one, since I figured I'd just use spells) since I was annoyed with the low spell damage, and lo and behold; Beam of Uselessness becomes Beam of EasyMode. Never needed another health potion.

Whoever came up with the idea that my Vampiric Dagger should be my base spell damage deserves a Nobel Prize award in logical thinking.

Not to worry, in Diablo 4 they will see the error of their ways and your damage will be fixed to your level and class, weapons will only need to be equipped for aesthetic value allowing for many custom weapons to be sold to you in the market place. Your Samurai class will be able to find the perfect looking katana to enhance your immersion and emotional engagement.

Father Walker

Potato Ranger
To be honest, I found single player Wizard in the D3 beta to be challenging enough that I died. It feels like the monsters don't scale high enough with multiple players, though. I couldn't notice any real difference in the amount of energy/defense monsters had between 1 player and 4.

I didn't play a monk, but I partnered with one, and they get an AOE attack quite early on that just decimates everything. If there's one thing the game seems to possibly do wrong is make you level too quickly. Am I right in that you seem to level about 2x as quickly as you do in Diablo 2? Compound that with unlocking a new skill at every level and you might quickly overpower your enemies.

Yeah, Monk seems OP at the moment. Hopefully, they will fix it.

Leveling is fast, yep. I think, that when you gain more levels it will even itself out, since you'll get the option to meddle with various skill combinations and runes. At first 10 levels you pretty much unlock basic stuff.

Btw, I died to Skeleton King once :roll:

Yes, basically game levels your character itself. Chooses stat points allocation and auto-adds skils.

They did it because choice means consequence, if its real choice. They cant allow casuals to make silly mistake and do wrong choice because 1) its bad for marketing to angry casual 2) casuals dont want to use brains, just click-click, so auto-leveling was decided best idea.

Next step will be Diablio 4 that auto-plays itself, without player interference. Like Progress quest (google it), though in Progress quest you were allowed to change stats at beginning.

Better yet: Blizzard will sell botting time.

Blizztards will rationalize it just like selling equipment for $$$. After all, botting existed in D2, Blizzard is just making it a legitimate part of the game.

Yeah Andariel IS deadly. I'm with Losh here.

Should be a piece of cake with poison resist. Unless it was your first time with this type of game you should have found plenty of items with it throughout the act and kept the highest of each resist types in your stash.

You must have made a series of serious mistakes to die as wizard. Leveling up took fucking forever in Diablo 2.

Someone didn't figure out about players 8 I see. AKA the only way to play Normal difficulty.

Stabwound

Arcane
I don't really care about the cash auction, but it's pretty clear that they're doing it to make money. Plus you know Blizzard is going to sit there creating rare items and selling them; there's nothing stopping them from doing that.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also if game already auto-levels for you: chooses stats for your character (for sure this Str at every level up you get for wizard is much needed) and chooses skills, next move will be game that auto-plays for you too.

asper

Arcane
Is there ANY rationale the devs probvided for the amazing idea of weapons increasing Wizards' spell damage?

My wizard ran around with no weapons, and every ten minutes or so I would get a pop up telling me that I have an "free inventory slot, click "i" to equip" :mad: And why Can't I turn off the mini map...?

Stabwound

Arcane
No, weapons are stat sticks. It's pretty fuckin' dumb. The point is that all skills are affected by your equipped weapon's stats, but it really makes no sense most of the time. Your monk can run around dual-wielding swords and then you use a fist skill and the swords magically disappear- and the damage is increased by the weapons he was wielding.

It doesn't even seem like you're supposed to attack with your weapon. Most characters have a no mana cost attack that you can use instead of attacking anyway.

Surely they could have come up with something better than this.

asper

Arcane
Holy shit, incredible.. Years of development and testing, and this? I suspect if Torchlight or any "lesser" game would do this it would get ridiculed uiniversally by the gaming press... But this is Blizzard, the hype machine has brainwashed everyone

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
If you're going to be edgy it at least has to make logical sense.

How about this one:

Since Diablo 3 doesnt allow you choose stats or skills gain, be grateful that they still allow you to choose character's gender and name.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom