Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.4%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 263 45.6%

• Total voters

Semiurge

Cipher
Undead.gif
lich.gif
Ghoul.gif
goblin.gif
orc.gif

necromancer.gif
facehugger.gif
city-guard.gif
Black-Guard.gif
Paokai.gif

Undead-Cyclops.gif
spider.gif

They'd have to be resized of course.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Heroes of Baldur's Gate, the title of James Ohlen's tabletop adventure book that those images were commisioned for.

And yes, upload a zip file.

Semiurge

Cipher
Heroes of Baldur's Gate, the title of James Ohlen's tabletop adventure book that those images were commisioned for.

And yes, upload a zip file.

Why? Can't you just save the images from the post, don't tell me the forum software uses zip archives...

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Infinitron said he will "probably" add it. The probability was not specified. Maybe he'll flip a coin, or perform a divination on a pile of cut off baby foreskins, Idk how it works.

Link: Monolith.zip

06b417a6e88e911a5303180e09711c0c.png

They were all drawn in the 90s, so here's a gothic rock track from '96 for your consideration.

Semiurge

Cipher
Infinitron said he will "probably" add it. The probability was not specified. Maybe he'll flip a coin, or perform a divination on a pile of cut off baby foreskins, Idk how it works.

Link: Monolith.zip

06b417a6e88e911a5303180e09711c0c.png

They were all drawn in the 90s, so here's a gothic rock track from '96 for your consideration.

Codex needs a miscellaneous category where the non-game related pictures can be dumped.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Quick question. Who dis?

578a7ca46514020d4e370771bf8608f6.png

This low res avatar (currently exists in the gallery)
NBODHIS.png

... needs to be replaced. Use:
5a009f25f4401c9ccce4ed76847826db.png

or
d94946a9b18b73e8c07d8bbba252237a.png
or
12af7bb9c3022c51f8ea5142d011bdc5.png
<- I would prefer any of these two

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, if I could find the original version of that image the Bodhi portrait was taken from, I could get a higher res version. But it's so old I don't know where it originally came from. I actually dug into some old Baldur's Gate websites using the Internet Archive and couldn't find it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, if I could find the original version of that image the Bodhi portrait was taken from, I could get a higher res version. But it's so old I don't know where it originally came from. I actually dug into some old Baldur's Gate websites using the Internet Archive and couldn't find it.
From here https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/9/90483/1428321-baldurs_gate_2___bodhi.jpg
It's not high res enough for a super close-up. What's wrong with replacing it with the ones I provided?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Yep. Some of those portraits I'm not sure that a higher-res version has ever been released anywhere.

Last edited:

Something Else

Educated
There are virtual no avatars in the gallery with ancient Greek or Egyptian themes.

Create some and submit them here.
I would help the guy out and make some for him, but besides Titan Quest I can't think of any RPG that uses those settings, and Titan Quest doesn't have painted portraits. We had a thread about games set in Egypt and that featured no RPGs either, except the Ravenloft one. So if he wants to larp thot online he's shit out of luck. It's weird when you think about it, how much RPGs owe to Greece with the hero's journey and all, but most RPGs are just heavily watered down Tolkien.

The Red Knight

Erudite
I would help the guy out and make some for him, but besides Titan Quest I can't think of any RPG that uses those settings, and Titan Quest doesn't have painted portraits. We had a thread about games set in Egypt and that featured no RPGs either, except the Ravenloft one. So if he wants to larp thot online he's shit out of luck. It's weird when you think about it, how much RPGs owe to Greece with the hero's journey and all, but most RPGs are just heavily watered down Tolkien.
It doesn't have to be an RPG. For example, Invictus had hero art by Vance Kovacs and Justin Sweet (BTW provide uncropped rips if you get around to it, not seeing any online). Or you could go the lazy way of editing these AoM portraits.

There are more Greek- and Egyptian-themed sprites in Dominions than what's currently available, too.
x0386_1.png
x0600_1.png

Something Else

Educated
It doesn't have to be an RPG. For example, Invictus had hero art by Vance Kovacs and Justin Sweet (BTW provide uncropped rips if you get around to it, not seeing any online). Or you could go the lazy way of editing these AoM portraits.

There are more Greek- and Egyptian-themed sprites in Dominions than what's currently available, too.
x0386_1.png
x0600_1.png
I will try to get Invictus and Dominions rips, but in the meantime I cropped the AoM portraits.

tBPgENt.png

http://www.filedropper.com/ageofmythology

Something Else

Educated
I know Infinitron will shoot me down, but I made avatars from tarot cards also. If Bester can get his big tiddy goth pics into the gallery then this should be valid too, it can be played like a regular card game after all. All the cards, different cropping variations for your pleasure, sourced from a deck from 1910.

Here are some samples:

MQ9vVKI.png
cpCIIna.png
KmtmRt2.png
VLvQpy1.png
eleOjxC.png

Xl8BaJq.png
lwis6WD.png
vgTvavh.png
MkdxskT.png
JtFZaVF.png

DL: https://ufile.io/dzmwitc4

Something Else

Educated
Right now only a file format lies between me and those amazing portraits from Invictus. I'm pretty sure those bad boys reside in one of these q3 files, but since I'm no techno-sorcerer I have no idea how to get them out and the search engine is giving me diddlysquat in terms of help.

wAGV2gg.png

It's even more aggravating because the level textures are very easily accessible and the scripts and dialog too. Only the UI elements and unit textures are locked away.

Or maybe they are in here...

bEwYXZI.png

I've tried a bunch of different generic resource extractors but with no results, X-ripper found a tonne of tga files in the wad but I can't read those either.

Something Else

Educated
I have given up at ripping the files, it's above the paygrade of a clown, if anyone wants a crack at it I have uploaded the files I suspect contain the art here: https://easyupload.io/3nng8p This is not piracy, because the files are completely useless by themselves, actually they're useless even with the other game files since you can't get to the kickass art.

This is less than ideal, but I have taken screenshots of the portraits instead, I don't know if this is all of them, but I don't care at this point, not unless I can get the files ripped. I'm not sure if it is baked into the file itself or if it happens in the UI, but they were warped and not square, at the moment this is the best I can do however and it might tempt some greater autist to help me out getting to the game files proper.

yN2ae2F.png
ikDkWYv.png
d7knJxR.png
h82dq8e.png
l3Zfn7o.png
LgNhsDN.png
nhdEX1L.png
X6tdTwE.png
eh7dnld.png
CM0BaZE.png

And I've made some avatars out of them, if I try to scale them up they become a blurry mess, but scaling down works, everything becomes too tiny then so I only did it once with Arachne.

Q2SLS2L.png

ZIP DL: http://www.filedropper.com/invictus

The Red Knight

Erudite
This is less than ideal, but I have taken screenshots of the portraits instead, I don't know if this is all of them, but I don't care at this point, not unless I can get the files ripped.
According to steamdb filelist, there should be one more big portrait, of Arachne in spider form (but it may also be some code to attach the same portrait to the transformed unit, or an unused portrait inaccessible in-game)
DxP4rOf.png

I wonder what would happen if you were to switch the filenames for Arachne and Arachne_Spiderform around (hopefully it'd show the other one during hero selection?).

_________

For Dominions the easiest way would be to download the data inspector standalone from here:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/722060/discussions/0/1500126447384353349/
Then go to the resources\app\images\sprites and grab the images.

If you want to only do Egypt, then launch the inspector, go to units tab, change "any nation" filter to EA C'tis, tick "national only", and change "available" to "all units", then go through the list and drag-and-drop the pictures to some folder. Then change the nation to MA C'tis, then to LA C'tis. There will be overlap with units/heroes between these three, especially with pretenders (plus a few generic non-Egyptian pretenders like dragons you may not want). There's also LA Erytheia (Ptolemaic Kingdom).

If you click on the sprite in the inspector it will switch between normal and attack sprite if there is one (some mages/priests look funnier with their raised-hands attack sprites but other than that I wouldn't bother).

Greece is more effort because of there being multiple nations and various generic units inspired by the mediterranean region.
EA/MA Arcoscephale - Athens
LA Arcoscephale - Athens mixed with Macedonia
EA Therodos - Crete/Rhodes
EA Mekone / MA/LA Phlegra - Sparta

Optionally:
EA Berytos + MA Phaeacia - Phoenicia and Phaeacia/Scheria
EA Sauromatia - Amazons and Scythian Androphagi

I'd ignore:
EA/MA/LA Pangaea - Greek mythical creatures like satyrs, harpies and minotaurs
MA Asphodel - undead version of Pangaea
EA/MA Pelagia + EA/MA Oceania - tritons and underwater versions of land creatures

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom