Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I can't see my own avatar, can anyone see it?

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It is. It's one of the default available ones, it doesn't show here for some reason.

EG

Nullified
80 x 54 pixels. Could XenForo be smearing it into invisibility in an attempt to upscale it?

St. Toxic

Arcane
This actually came at a bad time. I was just about to update my av and become a more active poster to celebrate the re-emergence of the crpg genre.

2v7z80j.png

Oh well, guess I'll go back to fading into obscurity.

granit

Scholar
I believe Jeff Vogel is underrepresented in the avatar gallery. If you allow it, I will create 100x100 pixel avatars from the original NPC graphics from Exile: Escape from the Pit (the original 1.0 graphics i.e.
PCs.bmp
).

Here is an example avatar of what it would look like:
pgHiz8z.png

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Me too. Only a few of the avatars actually work. I wanted the Desert Runner chief from Buck Rogers (one of my absolute favorite games) but that didn't work. Don't even know which avatar I have set right now because I can't see them. Forum just shows broken image symbol or nothing after I select an avatar (the avatars display fine during selection). I am using the current version of Firefox. As I said a few work though. Namely the bloodlines avatars or at least some of them (Damsel worked for me). I guess there is a problem in the scaling code because the Buck Rogers avatars are in a lower resolution than the bloodlines ones I think.

EG

Nullified
What's the common element? All your images are damn-small.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In that case, there's probably a script somewhere that converts gif avatars to jpg (or something for display purposes) on upload, which never got run on any of the gallery avatars.

Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Finally got one that seems to work. Looks like it just has to be one that makes you look kind of anorexic and/or undead.

Or maybe its because the one that works is 80x100, while the ones that didn't were 80x80 or 88x88

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'll have to ask on the official forums as to why .gif avatars no worky work.

Remind me later.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Possibly.

Remind me later.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom