Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I'm pretty sure copx's avatar is stored on the server as a gif, but I can't be bothered to check.

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I believe Jeff Vogel is underrepresented in the avatar gallery. If you allow it, I will create 100x100 pixel avatars from the original NPC graphics from Exile: Escape from the Pit (the original 1.0 graphics i.e.
PCs.bmp
).

Here is an example avatar of what it would look like:
pgHiz8z.png

Do it.

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Can't we just have custom avatars and the gallery for the lazy/retarded?
Also not to mention the devs that tend to hang around might want to idenitfy themselves with their logo.
And the amount of broken avatars.
And copx's problem wouldn't exist in the previous system.
And the fact Tommy Wiseau is not himself with his face.
And Hirato wouldn't be asking for Persona avatars had not there been a choice.

Crooked Bee

Patron

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Can't we just have custom avatars and the gallery for the lazy/retarded?
Also not to mention the devs that tend to hang around might want to idenitfy themselves with their logo.
And the amount of broken avatars.
And copx's problem wouldn't exist in the previous system.
And the fact Tommy Wiseau is not himself with his face.
And Hirato wouldn't be asking for Persona avatars had not there been a choice.

And the fact that it was Konjad who started this thread so the idea MUST be inherently bad.
And the fact that now Codexers will once again hide behind the faux-monocle of avatars from games they've never actually played.
And the fact that I'm incredibly butthurt about not getting to use the quality avatar I just went through the effort of selecting.

And the fact that it was Konjad who started this thread so the idea MUST be inherently bad.
And the fact that now Codexers will once again hide behind the faux-monocle of avatars from games they've never actually played.
And the fact that I'm incredibly butthurt about not getting to use the quality avatar I just went through the effort of selecting.

Fucking Konjad.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I've never understood this thread. The people who preferred the avatars available on the old site can just upload those as their own avatars.

EG

Nullified
I've never understood this thread. The people who preferred the avatars available on the old site can just upload those as their own avatars.

Nostalgia for the good old days and an attempt to block the decline of lolzy-avatars.

Is someone going to batch process these gifs into jpeg or do I have to pretend to know how to do that? o_O

kazgar

Arcane
What's going to happen with custom mca avatars, will people need the custom dlc, or are they added into the gallery so everyone can use them?

Choices and consequences!

And if people just like to upload avatars because it's wholesome fun for the entire family, they can just post them directly on a "Sweet avatars here!" thread, so posters looking for an avatar can take one if they want.

If space is not an issue, please upload this one:

http://www.mediafire.com/?dlfgnxlyq706ljw

They are from Eador Genesis, some very good ones there:

HEY GUISE! CHECK OUT THEM EADERP FAGGENESIS AVATARS! RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE AS

EKw9f8u.png
PMun83V.png
A9JRs1F.png
8M08p33.png
pd5qRRN.png
5OPZjBP.png
HAjhyDg.png
[url=http://postimage.org/][/URL]

EG

Nullified
Yep, there's nothing like megathreads of images to stop people fucking around with avatars.

Crooked Bee

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom