Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.3%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 264 45.7%

• Total voters

Severian Silk

CryptRat

I found this which lists Superhero League of Hoboken:

http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/wiki/List_of_games

I think it's funny when fan projects think they're so cool that they set up MediaWiki on their buddy's server. And then oops! the server goes down and they don't know how to restore the files. LOL! It's happened many times.

I also found this which discusses some graphics formats by the same developer:

http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=1620

I give up tho. Might as well use the non-transparent versions of the images because there's going to be ugly anti-aliasing around the edges anyway. Though you should save them at integer multiples of the original dimensions.

Last edited by a moderator:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
OK, I let the transparent ones here just in case (they do look awful, but I'd say that the non-transparent ones look even worse).

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
lightbane

there you have instruction how to extract these sprites from the game. It's GameMaker game, instruction somewhere on the bottom of the page (most answers end with "program/code extractor by yourself, dork, it only take 30min or few hours", must be Linux douchebaggers or else.
Mind you some of these sprites are lower resolution (around 50x50 or 75x75) and best way to resize them into bigger 96x96 PNGs is to use FSResizer, who made it best.

Why there was no review of Undertale? Because everyone are busy playing FO4, duh.

Severian Silk

CryptRat

Here are some I made myself.

hoboken_heroes_11_zpslkxybknm.png
hoboken_heroes_06_zpscolmfmc5.png
hoboken_enemy_11_zpsn3diqoge.png
hoboken_enemy_10_zpsjl2pelzm.png
etc.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uc7x9zw1smpx6sf/hoboken_20151205.zip

Notice the crisp pixels without fuzziness. That's because I resized them to integer multiples of their original dimensions using Nearest Neighbor sampling.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I resized them to integer multiples of their original dimensions using Nearest Neighbor sampling.
You dumb boonlord, Zero-Order is known to produce low-quality results. You get all sorts of artifacts, jagged straight lines and the result isn't even invariant to rotation. For something as important as avatars on a computer gaming forum nonlinear Wiener-Kolmogorov prediction is the bare minimum using at least 3rd order Hermite Polynomals as estimator. Get your shit sorted out man. This is simply unafuckingceptable. Who the fuck let that guy in here?!

lightbane

Arcane
lightbane

there you have instruction how to extract these sprites from the game. It's GameMaker game, instruction somewhere on the bottom of the page (most answers end with "program/code extractor by yourself, dork, it only take 30min or few hours", must be Linux douchebaggers or else.
Mind you some of these sprites are lower resolution (around 50x50 or 75x75) and best way to resize them into bigger 96x96 PNGs is to use FSResizer, who made it best.

Why there was no review of Undertale? Because everyone are busy playing FO4, duh.

Thanks. It was harder than I thought, but I managed to extract all of the sprites (which I can't see directly) and the textures (which are giant images with every character shoved inside). I dunno what I'll do with the latter but I found the former somewhere else. Now I suppose I'll attempt to extract each character's pic, then decide which ones are good enough for the Kodex Kritical Konsensus.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The codex has Diablo 3 avatars but not Diablo 2 avatars.

This is unacceptable. Add mine already! I worked hard on them you double niggers.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Severian Silk

I couldn't believe that we have no Lands of Lore avatars yet.

zx05f5.jpg

http://www.filedropper.com/landsoflore
Stop using filedropper you dufus. The link is dead.

It's already in the gallery, dufus.
I can't view the gallery.

Try now:
http://www.filedropper.com/landsoflore

Good job. They look very nice. I was worried because in your screenshot they look blurry, as does your current avatar.

Fairfax

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom