Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

Atrokkus

Erudite
Okay, sorry, my bad ^_^
Anyways, it's unfair while some have custom avatars, and others are forced to use standart gallery, which, being pretty good, does not offer creative satisfaction. ^_^

Spazmo

Erudite
Your creative satisfaction can fuck off. The only people who have custom avatars are developers and staff (if they choose to).

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
The codex's stupid policy about uploaded avatars never made sense to me.

"Oh God we don't want to have our forums look bad, our internet reputation must be upheld!"

Meanwhile everyone links lemonparty and uses the same edgy chatspeak 'satire' that was en vogue 4 years ago. Thank God you don't have custom avatars though, because people's opinions of this venerable site would really change.

Atrokkus

Erudite
I don't quite second your opinion on RPGCodex forum in general (your retardolander, after all), but I agree with you on uploadable avatars, that is, absence of which.

Exitium! Say sumthin!

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
It's because uploadable avatars are bullshit and all they do is take up space. Maybe they want you to express you limited and superficial individuality with words, and not silly little .gifs of the badger song. :roll:

Sarvis

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
It's because uploadable avatars are bullshit and all they do is take up space. Maybe they want you to express you limited and superficial individuality with words, and not silly little .gifs of the badger song. :roll:

Says the guy with a giant ass banner in his sig. :roll:

Sarvis

Erudite
Naked_Lunch said:
One: The banner isn't huge
Two: RPGcodex is not hosting the banner
Three: I once open-mouthed kissed a horse

1) It's huge compared to the custom avatars you were arguing against.
2) Codex doesn't have to host custom avatars either.
3) Good for you.

Atrokkus

Erudite
As was already stated, avatars don't really need to be uploaded on RPGCodex server. You could just put an external link, and RPGCodex won't notice a thing.

So, your points are void of any sense.

Fez

Erudite
You could always develop an RPG, then you'll get a custom avatar. Aren't we generous?

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
mEtaLL1x said:
As was already stated, avatars don't really need to be uploaded on RPGCodex server. You could just put an external link, and RPGCodex won't notice a thing.

So, your points are void of any sense.
Who has more posts? Me or you? Yeah, that's what I thought!

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Most people aren't responsible enough to have custom avatars (see the beginning of this thread). Standard avatars keep dormant gay fantasies under control.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Hah, this is strange.
RPGCodex doesn't have language or thread-thematic filters, right?
Then why should you censor avatars?

Well, I understand your concern about those one-day tards wearing totally moronic avatars, but hey! it's not very difficult to set up a post requirement for custom avatars. Say, 150 posts will be enough. Even 100.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Because a picture is worth thousand words, and usually people who bother to write thousand words have something important to say.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Well, why are you wearing an avatar then?

I fail to recognize the correlation between having anything to say and having a good avatar.
Those things don't conflict each other in any way.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
I'm not wearing anything. I mean... I probably shouldn't have said that...

I use avatar as a height spacer for my posts. I only chose the one that was least tacky.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom