Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

Atrokkus

Erudite
well, that's your choice and taste.

but you can't argue the fact that avatar has nothing to do with what you have to say or something like that.

plus, i'm an artist myself, that's why i kind of value visual eloquence, not only verbal, so to speak.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Be known for your positions, arguments, and style, not for the picture under your name.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
You don't need a thousand words to say "I'm a moron", or "I like Goatse", or "I like to drive people into epileptic seizures or make them throw up by flashing animated pictures at very high rate"

Atrokkus

Erudite
oooooooooooh...
you're so dull.

i'm not an avatar-fetishist.
i don't belive that avatars can make me "known."

I just *FEEL LIKE* having my own picture under my name

If you're so hard against it, then why do you use the skin on the site? why not just make a black-n-white picture-less forum, since it's only the text that matters?

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Pretty doesn't necessarily mean ergonomic. Bright colors and high contrasts can make for a very pretty board, but they will make you go blind two weeks later.

Atrokkus

Erudite
WEll, such awful deisng as you describe may seem pretty to some people void of any artistic sense, but for me it would seem ugly as shit.
Pretty = ergonomic for me.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Okay.

My avatar (original, did it myself by combining different art-elements):
metall1xsm10tc.gif

Also, I have one funny avatar. I use both, it depends on the forum ^_^
av-8180.gif

Can't decide which is more appropriate here.

Hey, can you allow me to use one of these?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
mEtaLL1x said:
Okay.

My avatar (original, did it myself by combining different art-elements):
metall1xsm10tc.gif

VD said:
Most people aren't responsible enough to have custom avatars (see the beginning of this thread). Standard avatars keep dormant gay fantasies under control

Vykromond

Scholar
Yeah, seriously. The metal one is better than the one he has now, for Pete's sake! It looks like a portrait from some sci-fi cRPG (maybe it is, but I'm not awake yet).

The other one is just bad, though.

Surlent

Liturgist
No custom avatars please. What I've seen from my short lurking visits at nma and dac, most of the avatars there are hideously perverted. Especially pooper's former avatar at dac, that dick head. It scared the shit out of me.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Aha, but what doesn't scare you to death is reading their perverted posts! ^_^

VD, your paranoia about gayish fantasies is disturbing... it seems as if any custom avatar is gayish fantasy in your eyes.

And I posted the second avatar just for fun ^_^

So, will you let me use my avatar (the elf-cyborg)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom