Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

Viata

Arcane
Any reason why the characters look like they have some kind of plastic skin?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
MS is also terrible at managing their studios, pretty much a match made in heaven.
The new Microsoft has the opposite problem devs have traditionally had with publishers in that they've been completely hands-off with their acquisitions. Though as I recall they did have to appoint an official babysitter to Obsidian when Urquhart/Parker meddling demanded an intervention.

Fearlessjay

Novice
I did like how the main designer looked like a Oblivion NPC. I don't get how they are going to explain how all the abilities from the previous games are suddenly gone. All they talked about was how amazing it is to have 2 hands.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will have in depth character building or be antoehr barbie dressing game where your char is nothing and hsi gear everything? Can I play as a cipher?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
to delete negative comments on the video there were tons.

This may be, but all the top comments were positive when I looked at them.

Same for most corporate videos on YouTube. The same YouTube that deleted the dislike button.

Makes you think.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
My main complaint about the "deep dive" is it basically tells us nothing we don't really know already about the gameplay: a first-person hack and slash with sword and magic.

Like... is dual wielding wands really the coolest thing they could come up with? That was what they thought was going to hype up the playerbase?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Oh, they uploaded a new version of the deep dive video and deleted the previous one:

What changed?

Oh, nothing changed with the video itself. But as a Master Shill you should know what else changed, this is your expertise after all...

They wiped out all the negative comments :lol::lol:
oldest trick in the book

Hobknobling

Learned
to delete negative comments on the video there were tons.

This may be, but all the top comments were positive when I looked at them.

Same for most corporate videos on YouTube. The same YouTube that deleted the dislike button.

Makes you think.
Nowadays YouTube comment ordering heavily favors positive comments regardless of the video. There is also some personalization there and the system shadowhides comments very aggressively.

It's quite annoying.

orcinator

Liturgist
VYKaMTj.png

Can't wait to meet the bisexual fampyr companion

Old Hans

Arcane
My main complaint about the "deep dive" is it basically tells us nothing we don't really know already about the gameplay: a first-person hack and slash with sword and magic.

Like... is dual wielding wands really the coolest thing they could come up with? That was what they thought was going to hype up the playerbase?
the whole video felt like a sales pitch for a private board of directors meeting. everything was so run of the mill im surprised the didnt excitedly claim the game is in FULL 3D

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Obsidian: work for 6 years on their $200 mill opus magnum
Gamers after trailer comes out: it's good that you guys focused on smaller game without big budget

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
MS is also terrible at managing their studios, pretty much a match made in heaven.
The new Microsoft has the opposite problem devs have traditionally had with publishers in that they've been completely hands-off with their acquisitions. Though as I recall they did have to appoint an official babysitter to Obsidian when Urquhart/Parker meddling demanded an intervention.
iirc they've started being more involved after Redfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom