Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming Fall 2024

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can't wait to hear more about what this game won't have.

Quality.
Fun.
Interesting gameplay.

Well shit Tyranicon if you think it's fabulously optimistic that the game won't have quality, fun, or interesting gameplay, I'm not even sure what that means. You think I have a hate boner and you think it's going to be awesome? Please elaborate.

I also don't think it'll have profitable sales.

Quillon

Arcane
obsidian's main marketing feature is weapon switching... sorry LOADOUTS and somehow cohh is very excited for it, wtf is going on

Yoomazir

Educated
What have we learned from this interview? Carrie thinks Ichiban (from Like a Dragon) is a himbo.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well shit Tyranicon if you think it's fabulously optimistic that the game won't have quality, fun, or interesting gameplay, I'm not even sure what that means. You think I have a hate boner and you think it's going to be awesome? Please elaborate.

I also don't think it'll have profitable sales.

I think the marketing for this game is like the zuck pretending he's human, if that answers your question.

It's the RPG equivalent of a lizard person. And bonus! It has lots of lizard people in it!

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I still don't understand what Obs are going for with this game. Is it Pillars of Eternity: Elder Scrolls Edition? That's weird even as a concept.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Carrie doesn't even understand what Cohh's asking lmao
I'm sad to say I've spent years communicating with dumb office plancton. They sound exactly like her. Rambling and striving to produce as much meaningless noise so as to fill a time slot of about a minute to "answer" whatever you've asked them. Doesn't matter it doesn't mean anything. What counts, in her mind, is that she is filling up time.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, one of her non-answers amounts to admitting that all the abilities in the ability trees are combat related, because it's not fun to have to choose if you want your character to be effective in combat or out of combat.
:prosper:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, when he is asked what his favorite crpgs are when it comes to story Pillars 1 is one of the first he mentions, and that game showed him what a great story could be in this medium.

+M

He went with the diplomatic option. Go to 02:31:20. There about.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Okay, when he is asked what his favorite crpgs are when it comes to story Pillars 1 is one of the first he mentions, and that game showed him what a great story could be in this medium.

+M

Does this man suffer from some kind of chronic insomnia?

Butter

Arcane
Patron

+M

He went with the diplomatic option.
I think that's OK given he's interviewing an Obsidian employee, but obviously he ought to be laughed off the Internet if that's his earnest opinion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom