Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Which will feature the more derivative gameplay and cringe inducing writing? This or Dragon Age Dread Wolf?

Avowed will have more derivative gameplay (it'll be Skyrim with all the features removed just as Outer Worlds was for Fallout), but Dread Wolf will easily take the cringe writing crown.
"Nothing Personal kid"
personnel*

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Which will feature the more derivative gameplay and cringe inducing writing? This or Dragon Age Dread Wolf?

Avowed will have more derivative gameplay (it'll be Skyrim with all the features removed just as Outer Worlds was for Fallout), but Dread Wolf will easily take the cringe writing crown.
"Nothing Personal kid"
personnel*
Oh wow, that is actually how you're supposed to spell it. I've been using the meme wrong all along
:rage:

Bulo

Scholar
Also, if Avowed has the same writers as Deadfire/The Outer Worlds, it's dead on arrival. The writing in those games is so juvenile and girlish, it's embarrassing

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Also, if Avowed has the same writers as Deadfire/The Outer Worlds, it's dead on arrival. The writing in those games is so juvenile and girlish, it's embarrassing

If I ever interact with mainstream arrpeegee writers I'll remember to ask them what coffee shop they got hired out of.

ferratilis

Magister
Considering the current Microsoft/Xbox crisis, its kinda funny the extra weight this game has on its shoulders
Developers developers developers.
More like
tenor.gif

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

If I ever interact with mainstream arrpeegee writers I'll remember to ask them what coffee shop they got hired out of.
Emil Pagliarulo apparently told the writers of Starfield to "write what you know", and one of the consequences of that is a quest about expanding a coffee shop. :M

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Lower your expectations folks! We've only had 200 people working on this for 5 years! Don't expect a lot of features or content! We're the underdog so you should support our work! Just don't expect it to be good...

Lemming42

Arcane
I'm still not recovered from The Outer Worlds. Genuinely scarring experience. I'm not ready for more. I can't take something like that again. I'm not fucking ready. Why can't the company just go bust and the game get scrapped before release.

scytheavatar

Scholar
I'm still not recovered from The Outer Worlds. Genuinely scarring experience. I'm not ready for more. I can't take something like that again. I'm not fucking ready. Why can't the company just go bust and the game get scrapped before release.

The Outer Worlds at least has vets like Cain. You should be scared of the games that will be coming out of Obsidian without them around. They have a high chance of making The Outer Worlds look like Skyrim in comparison.

Lemming42

Arcane
The Outer Worlds at least has vets like Cain. You should be scared of the games that will be coming out of Obsidian without them around. They have a high chance of making The Outer Worlds look like Skyrim in comparison.
I get the impression Cain's influence over many things was minimal, the guy had a story about how it took him two weeks to get a small tweak made to enemy AI because of the bizarre chain of command at Obsidian.

Plus while pretty much every aspect of TOW is a trainwreck, the writing is the real shocker, and Avowed is surely going to be written the same people. I could just about have tolerated walking around an empty-ass world getting into the worst gunfights in gaming history if it weren't for the mind-rending shit of every single line of dialogue in the game. I guess Avowed might be an even wilder ride but I struggle to imagine how.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom