Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

If we were going to do romance, we were going to really, really, really do it right — or not at all.​

I wish that went for the whole RPG thing too.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
When I asked how much audio the studio had recorded for Avowed and the Camp, Patel laughed and told me, "You mean how much audio are we still recording to fill out all that banter in those Camp conversations?"
I'm sick of autoplayed generic time-filling bantz poorly written by millennials because zoomers can't have one single idle second.

Everyone talks like a yuppie from fucking [urban center near developers] all the time. I'm tired of it.
As I mentioned before, player agency will be utilize, regulated and appropriated to affirm the writers characters and narrative, you will play an immersive fanfic masquerade as an rpg:
Nu-Obsidian writers loathe player agency (although it's highly regulated) so they would invest instead in companions/NPC reactivity that would force their infantile doll play on the player, this is a very MFA behavior.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
immersive fanfic

Modern rpgdevs: our worlds are so immersive that you'll feel like you've been transported back to the middle ages.

Also modern rpgdevs:

1720151103940.png

S.torch

Arbiter
Is not that these people are anti-player agency, is that they're just anti-player. They're against anything they perceive to be a player's power-fantasy. Be it romance or having a meaningful role in the game's narrative. The player character just exists to get lectured and educated, while being a vehicle for their amazing and godlike OCs throwing their sarcastic metacommentary.

One of the greatest joys of creating something is for other people to enjoy it together with you. But for these types it's the contrary: the greatest joy is listening to themselves talk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom