Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
They never won back Codex street cred after they released Witcher 3, ...
iseewhatyoudid.png
You mean Codex GotY 2015 The Witcher 3, and it seems a portion of the Codex that doesn't care for the TW3 base game nonetheless enjoys the expansions (at least, the second, larger expansion). :M

thesecret1

Arcane
They never won back Codex street cred after they released Witcher 3, ...
iseewhatyoudid.png
You mean Codex GotY 2015 The Witcher 3, and it seems a portion of the Codex that doesn't care for the TW3 base game nonetheless enjoys the expansions (at least, the second, larger expansion). :M
Maybe if you read threads instead of polls, you'd notice the reputation hit they got after they released the game, and that despite whatever some poll may say, the game is never talked about in the sense of being a good RPG.

thesecret1

Arcane
Maybe if you read threads instead of polls, you'd notice the reputation hit they got after they released the game, and that despite whatever some poll may say, the game is never talked about in the sense of being a good RPG.
I can't blame you for not reading Porky's posts, but

Witcher 3 is a masterpiece.
We also have posters in love with Skyrim and Beth's Fallouts, but they're outliers, mostly serving as comic relief.

Fearlessjay

Novice
I like Skyrim. I can see all it's faults but as a popcorn game to turn your brain off it's great. Also has a amazing soundtrack. Then I also like Piranha Bytes games. Avowed looks like shite though.

duskvile

Fabulous Optimist
I would like Avowed would have some immersive sim elements with hub based missions.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Point me at the Avowed gameplay that looks like shite.

People try too hard, you'll know how bad it looks in two days (well unless they screw us over with another bullshit cinematic trailer).

leuMOX

Literate
Funny seeing some of the comments in the OP's video about how quickly it would get released compared to Bethesda. I wonder how they feel 3 years later.

Fearlessjay

Novice
I don't need to see the gameplay, though I have seen the sub Dark Messiah screenshots. I've played Outer Worlds. This is the new standard for Obsidian. Take anything entertaining out from Pillar's and make a sub standard RPS with the worst humour you ever heard. This thread has detailed all the behind the scenes chaos and it's funny how since MS obtained Bethesda, Obsidian seems to be the red headed step child.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I hope the gameplay footage ahs 30 minute intro where you don't control anything, followed by 5 hour tutorial island where nothing happens, followed by 15 minute main plot where nothing gets resolved, followed Saywer complaining he doesn't understand why game sold below expectations.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I hope the gameplay footage ahs 30 minute intro where you don't control anything, followed by 5 hour tutorial island where nothing happens, followed by 15 minute main plot where nothing gets resolved, followed Saywer complaining he doesn't understand why game sold below expectations.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
It's probably a prequel. That would make more sense than trying to Invisible War the ending of Deadfire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom