Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming November 12th(?)

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Jank has rarely been a deterrent for Dexers. NWN2 is :prosper: in many regards but at least it uses a real ruleset.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Obsidian when you were dating:
Mask of the Betrayer, The Sith Lords, New Vegas

Obsidian now that you're married:
Deadfire, The Otter Worlds, Pentiment
Joke is on you. In the end I probablly like Deadfire more than anything Obsidian did before and after.

And that's not even because I like Deadfire THAT MUCH. It just has less that I dislike compared to their past output.
People keep raving about MoTB and New Vegas for their "amazing writing", for instance, but at the end of the day they are still based on NWN 2 and FO3, which I find simply ABOHRRENT both on a mechanical and and aesthetic level.
Yeah. I wouldn't be quite so critical about their earlier games, but I do strongly believe that WM & Deadfire are Obsidian's greatest accomplishments, by far.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I wonder if in Awoved the player could have an ascension to godhood and unlock celestial divine powers at high levels.

What about stealth? Would you want to play as asassin or thief?

Last edited:

Aphex81

Scholar
387290483232.png

C'mon Phil, do it!

Fearlessjay

Novice
I also liked Deadfire. Probably the last Obsidian game I did. Wasn't a all time classic but it was a nice tribute to the games of the past. I do wonder how much better it would have been without Josh and his never ending balance nonsense. I still haven't tried Grounded though. Alpha Protocol was probably my favourite game of theirs. Fallout New Vegas was good but then so are most of the modern Fallout games modded. I can't say I have any interest in any future games they make. Like others have said Inxile's new game looks a lot more interesting and they seem to have a lot more talent.

Takamori

Learned
Huh, somebody on some website said Avowed will "most definitely" be featured at the Xbox Games Showcase on the 11th. This strikes me as pretty weird. I felt like this game vaped out into nothingness.
At this point they are probably shitting whatever abomination brewed during the nightmare dev cycle to recoup losses.

jungl

Augur
I have no hopes for obsidian. Its going to look extremely generic and cookie cutter like outer worlds. I doubt they even have a good lookin orlan waifu that looks good as the baldurs gate 3 goblin waifu

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Sawyer comes out on the stage, the big screen behind him shows the letter ü. Sawyer bows, doesn't elaborate on anything and leaves the stage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom