Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming February 18th

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Tut, tut @Roguey:
Reading the whole thing is important.
Five wagons grope blindly for the path on a starless night, their master glancing ever upward to the skies for assurance that he is on the right course, a dim lantern his only protection against the encroaching darkness.

But the skies bring no comfort, shining no light, betraying no hint of what they know.

The caravan carries travelers bound for the frontier hamlet of Gilded Vale, you among them, where a local lord has offered land and wealth to settlers from abroad looking for a fresh start

You have taken suddenly ill, sweating and shivering, and one of the other travelers signals for the caravan master to stop on your behalf.

He pulls up just in time to avoid plowing into the trunk of a fallen tree that bars the way ahead.

You will go no further tonight.

Yes, the caravan stops because you're sick. It stops for the night because a tree is blocking the way.

Conan

Arcane
It *STOPS* because you are sick!!! The trunk is incidental. They didnt stop because of that. They *avoided* it because they stopped. A true M Night Shyamalarm.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It *STOPS* because you are sick!!! The trunk is incidental. They didnt stop because of that. They *avoided* it because they stopped.
If some kvetcher tells the caravan to stop, it's going to stop. The caravan master thinks you're mostly fine.
"Touch of the Rumbling Rot, could be. There's a stinging beetle 'round here, carries it. You'll be fine once it passes your innards. 'Less you don't drink water, course, which case you'll be dead in a day."
Hold on. Take someone with you. I know you're not some helpless tenderfoot - not like most of this lot. But you drop dead I don't wanna be looking for the body. Got a schedule to keep.

Conan

Arcane
Yes, you are sick, shivering and sweating. Now go pick those berries. Don't be minding no wolves. They be pussies in these parts.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Never forget that Roguey said he had more fun in Pillars than Arcanum. He will defend it until a fiery death.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I think they gave up on Starfield :lol:
dude the mod tools aren't even out yet, just wait

bethestard.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Let me actually rewrite that for Obshitians.

You master adventurer, you be munching on me baked beans all these weeks, so much so, I smell a biovac coming every hour of the day. Now yon traveller be sick of diarrhoea, and gods forbid me changing his diapers every hour. Go ye, earn thy keep ya freebooter. Get them shitberries from yonder. I'd go meself but hear ye the howling? The wolves be fierce in these parts.

See all fixed. Took me two mins. Will Satya hire me instead as the chief designer?
The Caravan Master was wrong, you're not sick, your soul is awakening. It's also not that big of a deal debuff-wise.
strangesickness.jpg

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

You master adventurer, you be munching on me baked beans all these weeks, so much so, I smell a biovac coming every hour of the day. Now yon traveller be sick of diarrhoea, and gods forbid me changing his diapers every hour. Go ye, earn thy keep ya freebooter. Get them shitberries from yonder. I'd go meself but hear ye the howling? The wolves be fierce in these parts.

See all fixed. Took me two mins. Will Satya hire me instead as the chief designer?
The Caravan Master was wrong, you're not sick, your soul is awakening. It's also not that big of a deal debuff-wise.
strangesickness.jpg
And it couldn't manifest as a simple premonitary nightmare? Are these writers really that limited in imagination?

They are just pretentious.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And it couldn't manifest as a simple premonitary nightmare? Are these writers really that limited in imagination?
"You wake up from a nightmare and need to go with a babysitter to go gather some herbs so you can make some tea to help you sleep" would be pretty funny.

Butter

Arcane
Patron

strangesickness.jpg
Wait, it's not a real sickness? Is it a coincidence that "your soul is awakening" 10 minutes before Thaos and his goons perform a ritual to kill off your companions and leave you with Watcher powers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom