Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting

Ryzer

Arcane
Looks like Morrowind mixed with Rage 2 or Far Cry New Dawn. Weird mix tbh.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Yeah they should have gone for more distinctive look and location, I'd be all in for 3D version of White March. When you go for the generic look you put yourself in competition for production quality with the likes of Witcher 3 and good luck with that.
The masses expect plains and forests in fantasy games, but I don't see what's so generic about
ss_0b76436403e828d82205786e1a58da782675599b.1920x1080.jpg

ss_6d06ebad3582ee699e4ef9259358db035ced8031.1920x1080.jpg

Looks...ugly.

Quillon

Arcane
the NPCs they shown are 69% skeletons, 30% bandits, 1% faction members, the generic vibe comes from that + visual/spell fx and animations look too outer worldsy

Lyre Mors

Arcane
She said "interconnected open zones". The word "hub" was not mentioned.

True, though I felt the implication was there. I don't care personally. I just thought they were going to try to actually do an open-world this time.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

So is basically the outer worlds with spells and swords. Total skip!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She said "interconnected open zones". The word "hub" was not mentioned.

I mean there's not much difference between them. Instead of going back to a ship like in TOW you just go directly to a map screen.

True, though I felt the implication was there. I don't care personally. I just thought they were going to try to actually do an open-world this time.
They tried and it didn't work, this was revealed quite a while ago.

Delterius

Arcane
I mean there's not much difference between them. Instead of going back to a ship like in TOW you just go directly to a map screen.
Couldn't it also be open world in the sense that some people like to say dark souls is open world? Because if the hubs are interconnected, then that's not the same as Inquisition and TOW at all.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure what Jinn really meant by the term, but to me "hub-based zone" sounds like every map load revolves around a single hub town. But even The Outer Worlds had Monarch as a large open zone with several towns.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I mainly meant that there would likely be a central area - whether a single map or several - that you are branching out from. It probably wasn't the best way to describe what I was thinking, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Video starts off listing the best RPGs Obsidian has made.

• No mention of either POE game.
  • Mentions Pentiment instead.
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom