Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Back in the old days...

Lumpy

Arcane
Sure, the Codex used to have personalities. But most of them were the smart posters, the ones the average Codexer could look up to. Most of them had modest post counts, and seldom created threads - but when they posted, it was usually worth reading.
And then, there were the trolls - Bryce, Volourn, Roqua, and so forth. Still, they didn't usually post threads - instead, they posted dumb or crazy opinions in various threads. Still, they didn't make every effort to stand out; they were quasi-normal posters.
And sure, there was KayCee, but his spam was fairly amusing, meta, and he never overdid it.

Nowadays, every 'Codex personality' is some shitty spammer, sporting wacky convictions ("I'm a stereotypical Muslim, guys!", "I hate faggots so much!"). And unlike Volourn or KC, these guys contribute fucking nothing. They're making the Codex a fucking BORING place. You know every fucking thread is going to contain some shitty post through which they try to stand out - it's not funny anymore.

On the flip side, back in the old days, you had to use

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Lumpy said:
Sure, the Codex used to have personalities. But most of them were the smart posters, the ones the average Codexer could look up to. Most of them had modest post counts, and seldom created threads - but when they posted, it was usually worth reading.
And then, there were the trolls - Bryce, Volourn, Roqua, and so forth. Still, they didn't usually post threads - instead, they posted dumb or crazy opinions in various threads. Still, they didn't make every effort to stand out; they were quasi-normal posters.
And sure, there was KayCee, but his spam was fairly amusing, meta, and he never overdid it.

Nowadays, every 'Codex personality' is some shitty spammer, sporting wacky convictions ("I'm a stereotypical Muslim, guys!", "I hate faggots so much!"). And unlike Volourn or KC, these guys contribute fucking nothing. They're making the Codex a fucking BORING place. You know every fucking thread is going to contain some shitty post through which they try to stand out - it's not funny anymore.

On the flip side, back in the old days, you had to use tags whereas now you can simply :M.[/quote]

:salute:

Lumpy

Arcane
Cloaked Figure said:
I'm a nigger and I make Arcanum mods and I'm a total badass you know?
Go fuck yourself. The smart posters didn't take shits on people's threads, because they posted stuff that was actually worthwhile.

Vibalist

Arcane
Funny how CF started off saying he disagrees with the OP, and then goes on to say that there are only a handful of posters on this forum he likes. It's essentially the same complaint.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO I COULD BE ALL DRUNK AND SHIT BUT CRF MAY BE POIUNTING OUT THE IRONING THGAT MOST PEOPLE CONSIDERED SERIOUS POSTERS ARE THE BIGEEST DOOSHBAG TROLLS OF ALL AND AT LEAST THE SO CALLED SPAMMERS ARE HONEST ABOUT IT AND ARE TRYING TO HAVE A LITTLE FUN BUNCH OF FUCKING BRIAN SURGEONS AROUND HERE

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom