Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Studios - now available on Early Access - next Panel From Hell on December 14th

Swen

Learned
Shitposter
cover3.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Cyberbug 2077 is not bad. It is just not as good as people expected.
Nah, I'd argue that it's genuinely a poorly designed game at its core.
Poor gameplay, bad progression, terrible itemization.

They had a perfectly legitimate template to follow with the Deus Ex games (both the classic and the recent reboot), but they choose to parrot the looter shooter crap instead.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
Good core material, really shitty choices on how to do it.
Open world that just serves as a fucking headache to implement quests, forced to implement fetch quests because you don't want to leave the open world souless(But still come out as souless because it lacks interactivity), itemization done by a retard that played way too much diablo 3 and a really coward approach on story telling too much corporate check boxes instead of approaching the themes as cyberpunk.

What save its from being utter shit is the visuals and the core material that even being ignored still ooze through and show it has potential.

BruceVC

Magister

BG3 looks amazing but this video isnt informative. The guy says very little significant and just repeats himself when he says " I dont have much to tell you " ...so why make the video in the first place?

Codex Year of the Donut

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I predict this will got released just like DoS1 and 2. Good and detailed start, meh mid game and dissapointing ending.
Then super duper ultra uber enhanced edition 1 year later.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Can Larian afford to pay the electricity bills for their computers this winter?

Though seriously, why are people saying this gaem is dead?

Longes

Augur
Next update are the cringe-barians anyway. Where's the Paladin, Larian? :argh:Human Male Paladin is the one true way to game.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I predict this will got released just like DoS1 and 2. Good and detailed start, meh mid game and dissapointing ending.
Then super duper ultra uber enhanced edition 1 year later.
I called this last year. Welcome to the club :)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Can Larian afford to pay the electricity bills for their computers this winter?

Though seriously, why are people saying this gaem is dead?

Because it's been in beta for 2 years I'm guessing? Big AAA games like this though taking 4-5 years are the norm now.
Ships are taking on unbelievable quantities of barnacles now. It’s like trying build a train in California or something. Next-level graft.

BruceVC

Magister
Im not sure why people are suggesting this game is dead, Larian has said they releasing it next year. There should be no confusion about it " being dead " ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom