Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Could only find this shit on a russian tracker. Is it worth installing considering it's early access?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Here is her song. This is Lohse voice actress singing again I think.

Oh, for fuck's sake!
:deathclaw:
That's cool and all but no one is bothered by the fact that it's a MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE?! Where all accompaniment is coming from? Or it's some weird ass tiefling magic?

Critical cringe level, hope they'll cut that shit out or move her in some brothel where she belongs.

Dragon Age: Origins did this as well. Witcher 3 had a song too. I roll my eyes pretty heavily at these sorts of things tbh, but blame D&D for deciding that an integral part of a party of monster hunting mercenaries is some faggot with a lute.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Too many RPG grognards were decrying the "typical western setting", and in his wisdom Swen listened. Now the Sword Coast was made to look like Swen's dream vacation in Greece.

This is kind of stupid. I mean, Greece as a setting is nice and all, but Sword Coast is an established place, with established lore. I would have prefered the green forested coasts of the originals, with a mediterranean-looking map only in the south. People need to stop trying to change the Forgotten Realms setting ffs, why pay for it if they are going to change it?

Salvo

Arcane
Too many RPG grognards were decrying the "typical western setting", and in his wisdom Swen listened. Now the Sword Coast was made to look like Swen's dream vacation in Greece.

This is kind of stupid. I mean, Greece as a setting is nice and all, but Sword Coast is an established place, with established lore. I would have prefered the green forested coasts of the originals, with a mediterranean-looking map only in the south. People need to stop trying to change the Forgotten Realms setting ffs, why pay for it if they are going to change it?

The Forgotten Realms is a shit setting though. It tries to do too much at once, and ends up being nothing at all.

Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
The presence of many tieflings could make sense if the scenario of BG3 is close to the scenario of Descent in Avernus. Which, as the name suggests, ties the area of Baldur's Gate with the nine hells.
As a consequence, it's not that bold to assume that the final act/conclusion of BG3 takes place in Hell. Like SOD now that I think of it.

Could only find this shit on a russian tracker. Is it worth installing considering it's early access?
Depends on how curious you are and how fast your internet connection is. 80gb.

That said, you’ll get between 5 and 15 hours from it from my estimation. I’m 9 hours in and haven’t even been to the goblin settlement yet. I’ve explored a good 70% of the map though.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

Not really, unless you are curious about testing it a bit and seeing how it works on your computer. I downloaded it too, tried it a little, and removed it. I am not going to play it until it is finished and enhanced/definitive/complete/collection/uber editions are out.

Curiously, Vulkan version ran like total shit on my pc, while D3D11 runs fine. I hope they fix this shit in the future.

The presence of many tieflings could make sense if the scenario of BG3 is close to the scenario of Descent in Avernus. Which, as the name suggests, ties the area of Baldur's Gate with the nine hells.
As a consequence, it's not that bold to assume that the final act/conclusion of BG3 takes place in Hell. Like SOD now that I think of it.
It would make sense especially given all the involvement with avernus.

including the cambion who tries to make a deal with you to remove the tadpoles

And there are a ton of demons on the loading screens.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Yeah, it'll be done in just under 4 hrs. it was mostly to see what it played like and how it ran... But after seeing that seriously queer song video up top I dunno if I can be arsed clearing space on an SSD. Are those your party members? are they all faggot?

The Forgotten Realms is a shit setting though. It tries to do too much at once, and ends up being nothing at all.
I kind of agree with this at times and at times I find it perfect.

I prefer a low magic setting though. The lower the better, usually. Though maybe not quite as low as Age of Decadence. I still like my mage/sorcerer builds, but there are ways to limit them until they’re high level.

Reinhardt

Arcane
At the very least, there need to be sort buttons in the inventory and I'm surprised it made it this far into development without them
Wait, are you guys not aware there's a sort button?
You can even sort the inventory multiple ways.
Its not easy to see, but yes it is there.
2f4gyt4au3s51.png

I didn't spot it until it was pointed out by this picture here.
Nigga and his bitches.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Yeah, it'll be done in just under 4 hrs. it was mostly to see what it played like and how it ran... But after seeing that seriously queer song video up top I dunno if I can be arsed clearing space on an SSD. Are those your party members? are they all faggot?

My party consists of Robert Patterson from that teen vampire film, an edgy teen goth elf, and a dorky wizard LARPer in a dress.

Codex Year of the Donut
I cannot believe this is next generation adventuring and as someone else mentioned it is Sword Coast okay? so why does it look like mediterranean place right?
It's a river.
The start of the game is approximately here:
map.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
I cannot believe this is next generation adventuring and as someone else mentioned it is Sword Coast okay? so why does it look like mediterranean place right?
It's a river.
The start of the game is approximately here:
map.jpg
Is Candlekeep still around and will we get to visit it?

Codex Year of the Donut
There's a few NPCs you encounter that seem to heavily suggest they'll be companions in the full game.
I assume the bard I missed is one of those.
I doubt that there will be more than the starting retards.
The wounded blm tiefling will certainly be one, later when the party reaches Baldur's Gate.
I think she might be the ranger
I murdered her and cut her head off, so it’s unlikely she’ll be joining my party. :M
Those weren't paladins you know, they were lying.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I can reach Sofia with a 24 hours' notice. I'm free on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, but Tuesdays work best for me.
You are more than welcome to come. We usually do one-offs when we have new people joining us. I'm in the process of creating my own one-off with the intention of it becoming more at one point, so I'll definitely be DMing at least one of the sessions when I'm in Sofia again.

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Wait, Solasta is confirmed not to have multiclassing?

https://forums.solasta-game.com/forum/multiclassing

Everyone hyped for Solasta who has ever played 5e is a moron. 5e without multiclassing is like cooking without spices, including salt.
That said maybe modders really manage to make that work.
Offff didn't know that, thanks for telling me, I agree with you. I was gonna get it when it finally comes out, guess I'll wait for a huge price drop first.

Just forget about liking any of the party members. I like the half elf in spite of the fact that she’s a massive bitch, but that’s just because I find her amusing.

The gith is a cunt, but I’m curious about her people, so I tolerate her.

There’s some nigger warlock who keeps bragging that he’s The Sword of Something (I forget) and a wizard who is apparently some kind of arrogant special snowflake.

Then there’s the vampire who tries to kill you the moment you meet. And I feel like he’s basically Milo Yianopolis incarnated in a fantasy setting.

Or there’s the tiefling who asks you to murder a bunch of people when you first meet because they’re totally the bad guys.

So yeah, the entire game is filled with lunatics, but thankfully all are optional.

The story is ok and the combat is pretty decent, so I would recommend it if you’ve only got 4 hours left on yo ur download anyway.

Codex Year of the Donut
That's cool and all but no one is bothered by the fact that it's a MIDDLE OF FUCKING NOWHERE?! Where all accompaniment is coming from? Or it's some weird ass tiefling magic?
...She's a bard.
1st level bard has access to minor illusion
https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/minor-illusion
You create a sound or an image of an object within range that lasts for the duration. The illusion also ends if you dismiss it as an action or cast this spell again.

If you create a sound, its volume can range from a whisper to a scream. It can be your voice, someone else's voice, a lion's roar, a beating of drums, or any other sound you choose. The sound continues unabated throughout the duration, or you can make discrete sounds at different times before the spell ends.

^reminder that bards are stupid.

The only good portal of a bard was in The Witcher, since Dandelion was a useless faggot who would die in combat.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom