Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
5E spells are STRONG. Since everything is extremely toned down in the edition, spells are even more incisive. They are so strong that having two of them active at the same time would completely break the entire game for good: the edition has few rules, but one of its pillars is that you can have only a single spell with a duration active at the same time. In 3.5 magic users were broken because you could combine infinite effects for long periods of time. In 5E this is no longer the case, but this doesn't mean that spells are lackluster. Have you even ever played the game, man?

2e had far smaller numbers than 5e and spells deals far more damage(i was reading Netheril : Empire of Magic and a lot of Archwizards that can cast spells above tier 9 without any problem dozens of times per day, who lived for centuries and rules over floating cities had his hit points on 2 digits). Dragons on BG2 had about 200 hp.

And Finger of the Death on 3.5e can OHK anything if the target fails the save. A single finger of death can end a adult red dragon on 3.5e, on 5e, even if you maximize the dices, it only deals 86 damage(7d8 + 30 necrotic damage), so you need 3 casts ignoring saves and legendary resistance to end a adult red dragon life On 5e(256 hp). Cloud kill no longer deals CON damage and require constitution, flesh to stone gives a lot of saves and require concentration, and so on. Some people liked the concentration rule because it prevents a situation like this but the solution is IMO just give more dispel spells to enemies.

Overlord is heavily inspired by 3.5e AND some situations remembers me of playing NWN1...

"Everything bad is due to balancefags" is to video game mechanics what "everything bad is due to SJWs" is to political life.

Balance fags have a thing in common with lefitists. Both worship the "equality", at the same way that a lefitist would prefer everyone equally starving to the death like on Venezuela/Cuba than having a lot of inequality but almost 20% of the population millionaire like on Singapore, a balancefag would rather have a "every option is the same" Pillars of Eternity gameplay over a unbalanced game like BG2.

If the devs of VtMB decides to remove desert eagle, flamethrower, the scoped .338 LM rifle, all thaumaturgy disciplines and the nosferatu clan or make the deformity cosmetic only, without a significant impact on the gameplay, it would make VtMB far more balanced, but far worst. But for a balancefag, it would make the game better.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
"Everything bad is due to balancefags" is to video game mechanics what "everything bad is due to SJWs" is to political life.

Balance fags have a thing in common with lefitists. Both worship the "equality", at the same way that a lefitist would prefer everyone equally starving to the death like on Venezuela/Cuba than having a lot of inequality but almost 20% of the population millionaire like on Singapore, a balancefag would rather have a "every option is the same" Pillars of Eternity gameplay over a unbalanced game like BG2.
Jesus, that escalated quickly.

Is "I can't one-shot a boss with a single spell" seriously your complaint here? Yes, magic works in a different way, but it's far from being lackluster. The entire edition is toned down compared to 3.5, where you could deal two thousand damage as a melee character in a single round. Since every character (and monster) is toned down, you don't feel any weaker as a caster.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You can't get anywhere with these people, they live in a totally different bubble, immune from any arguments contrary to their taste. They will invent scenarios and deny anything shown to them. What we can do, just like in politics, is try to persuade devs/policy makers to our cause and hope they aren't the same kind of people like these.

Anonona

Learned
Overlord is heavily inspired by 3.5e AND some situations remembers me of playing NWN1...

You are aware that it parodies and kind of mocks that kind of things (casting innumerable buffs pre-fight) and also the joke of the anime is that the character is so broken no one can't stand against it, eliminating any kind of drama, similar to One Punch Man, right?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is "I can't one-shot a boss with a single spell" seriously your complaint here? Yes, magic works in a different way, but it's far from being lackluster. The entire edition is toned down compared to 3.5, where you could deal two thousand damage as a melee character in a single round. Since every character (and monster) is toned down, you don't feel any weaker as a caster.

Yes, you are right. Both sides got ""nerfed"" so we can't say that casters are that weak. A lich can't OHK your own party with a single wail of the banshee either. But if you look to for eg Eldritch Blast, it deals more damage on 5e. on 3.5e a lv 20 warlock would deal 9d6 or 31.5 average damage(not a lot, but other invocations are much better), a lv 20 warlock on 5e would deal 4*(d10 + CHA MOD with agonizing blast, i an assuming 5 since is a maxed char) or 4d10+20 or 42 average damage, a 3.5e warlock still far stronger on other aspects, mainly his invocations, being able to teleport, fly, transform enemies into toads and create a endless undead army without spell slot restriction was too powerful. BUT you are right.

5e din't nerfed spells, just adapted ti a game with less "lethality" from PC's and NPC's.

You are aware that it parodies and kind of mocks that kind of things (casting innumerable buffs pre-fight) and also the joke of the anime is that the character is so broken no one can't stand against it, eliminating any kind of drama, similar to One Punch Man, right?

Well, if he is so broken that no one can stand against him, why he casted 666 buffs? True Dragons with their wild magic can defeat Ainz. And the anime focus way more on side characters.

Saravan

Savant
S0rcererV1ct0r Don't you find it boring to approach every RPG with the mentality of whether you can be an overpowered magic-user that can completely break the game? Sounds pretty one-dimensional if you ask me.

Anonona

Learned
Well, if he is so broken that no one can stand against him, why he casted 666 buffs? True Dragons with their wild magic can defeat Ainz. And the anime focus way more on side characters.

What a retarded argument. That is like saying, "if a wizard is so broken, why does it has to cast spells?¨ If Goku is broken, why does he has to become Super Saiyan? If a Fighter is broken, why does it has to use a sword?. The fact the fucker knows 666 buff spells is both one of the reasons he is broken and is a funny jab at the pre-fighting buffing. Also, yeah, a TRUE DRAGON, as in one of the most powerful thing on existence. The fact that there is something more powerful than him doesnt means he stops being broken, that is the point of the anime, he is playing the role of a RPG villian.

Also, what a coincidence, it focus more on side characters, like One Punch Man! Is because both are "invencible" protagonists and the series has to focus on other characters to derive drama and set up the punchline of how OP the protagonist is.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter
Spellcasting is broken in 5e. The broken spell are not the ones that deal damage.

for example force cage don’t even give you a save.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Don't you find it boring to approach every RPG with the mentality of whether you can be an overpowered magic-user that can completely break the game? Sounds pretty one-dimensional if you ask me.

Who said that? Fallout New Vegas has no spells and i love the game. New Vegas is great as a RPG and as a FPS. On Dragon's Dogma, i play far more as a ranger than any other class and sorcerer despite powerful is boring to play. You can make rain meteors, cast maelstroms and etc? Yes, but is boring, in a armored cyclops fight for eg, a sorcerer fight that enemy by pressing a button and praying to not be interrupted while casting. A ranger is constant leading targets and aiming on the unarmored parts which is far more interesting, he also can use poisoned arrows, explosive arrows and so on(i wish that the game had bodkin arrows). On M&B, i play a lot on heavy cavalry with spears and longbows. Also played a lot of magical mods for M&B and firearms mods for M&B.

On arcanum i also did some runs with technology focused characters. The unique "archetype" that i hate to play is the "fast swining blade"

But imagine if the devs decided to "balance" firearms on new vegas? Making anti materiel rifle range like 10m and a cooldown on the usage of special ammo(explosive, armor piercing, incendiary...). It would RUIN the gun play of the game.

Also, yeah, a TRUE DRAGON, as in one of the most powerful thing on existence. The fact that there is something more powerful than him doesnt means he stops being broken, that is the point of the anime, he is playing the role of a RPG villian.

Also, what a coincidence, it focus more on side characters, like One Punch Man! Is because both are "invencible" protagonists and the series has to focus on other characters to derive drama and set up the punchline of how OP the protagonist is.

Overlord propouse is to be a power fantasy. Ainz is a guy in between demigods and lesser deities in a low level world where only 4 casters can cast tier 6 magic(and he can cast super tier magic). You can don't like, you can prefer if he had more challenges, but the series is great on world building.

Last edited:

Anonona

Learned
Who said that? Fallout New Vegas has no spells and i love the game. New Vegas is great as a RPG and as a FPS. On Dragon's Dogma, i play far more as a ranger than any other class and sorcerer despite powerful is boring to play. You can make rain meteors, cast maelstroms and etc? Yes, but is boring, in a armored cyclops fight for eg, a sorcerer fight that enemy by pressing a button and praying to not be interrupted while casting. A ranger is constant leading targets and aiming on the unarmored parts which is far more interesting, he also can use poisoned arrows, explosive arrows and so on(i wish that the game had bodkin arrows). On M&B, i play a lot on heavy cavalry with spears and longbows. Also played a lot of magical mods for M&B and firearms mods for M&B.

On arcanum i also did some runs with technology focused characters. The unique "archetype" that i hate to play is the "fast swining blade"

But imagine if the devs decided to "balance" firearms on new vegas? Making anti materiel rifle range like 10m and a cooldown on the usage of special ammo(explosive, armor piercing, incendiary...). It would RUIN the gun play of the game.

The same shit you always say. You realize that the game is balanced in its own way, right? It takes into account the existence of these weapons and they serve a certain purpose. The balance decisions are things made from the ground up. The only place your complaints about balance makes any sense is in adaptations of PnP games that nerf too many classes for the sake of balance, but it makes no fucking sense in a completely original system which defines that magic A has a certain limits and function in X manner. You may not like it, but doesn't mean you are right.

And if anything, this kind of retarded mentality you have can be attributed to the awful decision of making 3.5e of D&D following the Ivory Tower philosophy of design. First of, the fact that it was inspired by Magic The Gathering, a collecting card game of all things, should be the first warning on how an awful decision that was. They actually ignore any semblance of balance, putting in actually bad feats with little to no testing and said it was the player's job to find what was good or not. This shit is done so in card games to incentive players to buy more boosters pack, but in PnP is fucking shit, and were made so to sell more books. The fact that Pathfinder exists is a testament on how many players though it was quite flawed. And do not bring up 2e, it was made after Gygax got greedy and made AD&D to make cash, betrayed the values of OD&D, and it was considered to be quite a mesh, with it saving grace the myriads of interesting settings (spelljammer, dark sun, etc).

Also, New Vegas great as an FPS? The fuck are you saying? It is a decent RPG, but the gameplay isn't anything to write home about. The only way it can seem so to you is if you haven't ever play a good FPS. But considering you play Paladins and garbage like that, I'm not surprised. And you kill shit faster with Sorcerer in Dragon's Dogma if you use light elemental charged bolt. Also if spellcasting is too slow, hire utilitarian pawns with the same spells as you to "sync" your spells, or just stop playing the "awesome button" style and take more useful spells like debuff, petrify and the like, and weaker but faster and more fun spells like the lightning whip.

Overlord propouse is to be a power fantasy. Ainz is a guy in between demigods and lesser deities in a low level world where only 4 casters can cast tier 6 magic(and he can cast super tier magic). You can don't like, you can prefer if he had more challenges, but the series is great on world building.

Where did I say it was bad, huh? I'm pointing out how ridiculous is to use Overlord as an example of well done Magic, when it is in fact a parody of how broken you could make your spellcasters in PnP, and a subversion of the RPG genre by casting the invincible bad guy as the protagonist. Stop making imaginary strawmen like you always do.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet

The same shit you always say. You realize that the game is balanced in its own way, right? It takes into account the existence of these weapons and they serve a certain purpose. The balance decisions are things made from the ground up. The only place your complaints about balance makes any sense is in adaptations of PnP games that nerf too many classes for the sake of balance, but it makes no fucking sense in a completely original system which defines that magic A has a certain limits and function in X manner. You may not like it, but doesn't mean you are right.

Also, New Vegas great as an FPS? The fuck are you saying? It is a decent RPG, but the gameplay isn't anything to write home about. The only way it can seem so to you is if you haven't ever play a good FPS. But considering you play Paladins and garbage like that, I'm not surprised. And you kill shit faster with Sorcerer in Dragon's Dogma if you use light elemental charged bolt. Also if spellcasting is too slow, hire utilitarian pawns with the same spells as you to "sync" your spells, or just stop playing the "awesome button" style and take more useful spells like debuff, petrify and the like, and weaker but faster and more fun spells like the lightning whip.

Where did I say it was bad, huh? I'm pointing out how ridiculous is to use Overlord as an example of well done Magic, when it is in fact a parody of how broken you could make your spellcasters in PnP, and a subversion of the RPG genre by casting the invincible bad guy as the protagonist. Stop making imaginary strawmen like you always do.

The irony of all of this is that D:OS 2 is probably 1 of the least balanced if not the least balanced RPG there is where you actively have to avoid so many things if you want fights to be in any way engaging and he doesn't like it because necromancers don't work exactly the way he wants them to. If he wanted a power fantasy there aren't many games that are better for that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
if you want fights to be in any way engaging and he doesn't like it because necromancers don't work exactly the way he wants them to. If he wanted a power fantasy there aren't many games that are better for that.

Dar Sun : Shattered Lands is one of my favorite 90s games and it has no necromancy. I don't enjoy cooldowns, stat sticky itemziation(...) in ANY game.

I know that i an losing like over 99% of modern RPG's by not liking this machanics, but i can't chose to like this BS. Seriously, games with those mechanics felt more like a boring consequenceless work rather than a living breathing world to immerse yourself in... For this year, i an only hopping for PFWotR and Cyberpunk 2077. BG3 probably only launches on 2021 or 2022.

Also, New Vegas great as an FPS? The fuck are you saying? It is a decent RPG, but the gameplay isn't anything to write home about. The only way it can seem so to you is if you haven't ever play a good FPS. But considering you play Paladins and garbage like that, I'm not surprised.

I played paladins casually, only had one hero unlocked. And New Vegas is a decent as a FPS.

Armor works in a retarded way on most FPS. On BF 4 for eg, 7,62 can damage vehicles? Depends. if is mounted on vehicles, it can and damage even vehicles with thick armor. If is on infantry hands, even if is the same machine gun model, it is not. A .408 CT round which can pierce 25mm of armor IRL can't do any damage to a unarmored boat. If someone is with power armor, your 9mm hollow point will deal no damage.

New Vegas also has cool dismemberment animations, a lot of cool weapons, cool ammo types, you can use a lot of ammo type only for a 12 gauge shotgun, flechette, slugs, dragon breath, you can get your limbs crippled and can cripple enemies with well placed shots(...) The weapons also looks like actual weapons, even the energy weapons, not toys like destiny 1/2. The gun play on new vegas is extremely satisfying.

r just stop playing the "awesome button" style and take more useful spells like debuff, petrify and the like, and weaker but faster and more fun spells like the lightning whip.

Why waste time enchanting a petrification spell when i can just fire tons of petrification arrows?

when it is in fact a parody of how broken you could make your spellcasters in PnP, and a subversion of the RPG genre by casting the invincible bad guy as the protagonist. Stop making imaginary strawmen like you always do.

Wrong. See him vs Shalltear, a melee focused class on end of season 1.

She is literally the best build to face a necromancer. Ainz can't use his minions otherwise, they will only serve to heal her. So yes, you have a try hard melee pun pun build with cleric levels with no reason to that VS a pure RP build.

Anonona

Learned
Armor works in a retarded way on most FPS. On BF 4 for eg, 7,62 can damage vehicles? Depends. if is mounted on vehicles, it can and damage even vehicles with thick armor. If is on infantry hands, even if is the same machine gun model, it is not. A .408 CT round which can pierce 25mm of armor IRL can't do any damage to a unarmored boat. If someone is with power armor, your 9mm hollow point will deal no damage.

Realism and being immersive =/ good game. This is retarded, specially when we talk about fantasy games. GAMES, not simulations. There are a set of rules and concessions are made to create challenge and fun. Systems like GURP and the like, while incredible detailed, aren't used because at that point the "realisim" gets in the way of the game.

New Vegas also has cool dismemberment animations, a lot of cool weapons, cool ammo types, you can use a lot of ammo type only for a 12 gauge shotgun, flechette, slugs, dragon breath, you can get your limbs crippled and can cripple enemies with well placed shots(...) The weapons also looks like actual weapons, even the energy weapons, not toys like destiny 1/2. The gun play on new vegas is extremely satisfying.

No, you use VATS and kill everything that moves. It is an awful system taken from the awful Fallout 3, which feels like shit to play. Also, no, even Fallout 4 gun play is better, if even a bit. It is not a good shooter and its not trying to be. There is a good reason Fallout 1 and 2 were RPGs, because each time you mix FPS with RPGs the results are garbage. The rest of your post is not an argument. Something being "cool" says nothing about how good it plays, looking realistic either. Splatoon has fucking brushes as weapons and its a better shooter than FNV. Destiny, despite having weapons that look like toys, is a better shooter than FNV. FNV is a good RPG, but its gunplay is garbage.

Also, you lack consistency on your own post. First you say "New Vegas is a decent as a FPS." Then you say "The gun play on new vegas is extremely satisfying". Is one or the other.

Wrong. See him vs Shalltear, a melee focused class on end of season 1.

She is literally the best build to face a necromancer. Ainz can't use his minions otherwise, they will only serve to heal her. So yes, you have a try hard melee pun pun build with cleric levels with no reason to that VS a pure RP build.

Amazing. You really showed me. So the way to kill a broken Necromancer is using a equally broken Cleric. Have you heard the term CoDzilla? It cames from D&D 3.5e and it refers to "Cleric or Druid zilla". The reason is because the three full spellcasters were absolutely broken. Fighter was fucking worst that the Druid's pet. Also, yeah, RP build. One that uses fucking "Cash shop" items to win. Besides, this proves fucking nothing because

Later Ainz will break the limits of the game by summoning more monsters that it conceived to be possible, being the most OP necromancer ever.

And finally, words from the creator himself:

"Interviewer: A lot of times in Overlord, the enemy characters are defeated in an instant. The first illustration for volume 6 left quite an impression.

Maruyama: Building them up to seem strong and then having Ainz defeating them in an instant is kind of a running gag in the series. It's funny. And it also serves to show just how much of a gap there is."

A translation I found done by someone on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/overlord/comments/6fcxi6/kugane_maruyama_interview_kono_light_novel_ga/

The choice of going Spellcaster is not coincidence, specially if you play TRPG.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Realism and being immersive =/ good game. This is retarded, specially when we talk about fantasy games. GAMES, not simulations.

Completely wrong. RPG got born from war games, and fantasy RPG started trying to simulate how supernatural effects would work if they exist. RPG's are "lets pretend" games.

you use VATS and kill everything that moves

You DON'T NEED TO USE VATS.VATS is only for people who can't aim.

because each time you mix FPS with RPGs the results are garbage

Wrong. VtMB gun play is not bad and the game was made on HL engine. Deus Ex gunplay is amazing and cyberpunk 2077 will show why you are wrong.

Elder Scrolls games as a archer or a mage is pretty close to a medieval fantasy FPS/RPG...

The reason is because the three full spellcasters were absolutely broken. Fighter was fucking worst that the Druid's pet.

Make fighter better rather than clerics, druids and arcane casters worse.

As for Ainz summons

he offered 70.000 lifes with a super tier magic. Any high level necro could do the same.

Anonona

Learned
Completely wrong. RPG got born from war games, and fantasy RPG started trying to simulate how supernatural effects would work if they exist. RPG's are "lets pretend" games.

Fucking bullshit. Magic doesn't exist so you can make believe that it works any way you want. I'm sorry, this is just retarded, magic doesn't exist, and you cannot tell how would it work. Yes, you could say a fireball would burn shit, except that maybe it actually destroy things by overcharging the enemy with fire element, or by making the enemy believe they are burning, or whatever the fuck you want, because it doesn't fucking exists.

You DON'T NEED TO USE VATS.VATS is only for people who can't aim.

The fact that you don't like the system doesn't mean it wasn't mean to be use. You can even make your character better at using it. It is practically a compromise between its RPG roots and the new FPS style. Just because you decide not to use it it doesn't mean it isn't there or it isn't one of the most powerful tools. And doesn't change the that the gun play is mediocre at best. You can aim in Paladins, but that doesn't make it a good shooter either.

Wrong. VtMB gun play is not bad and the game was made on HL engine. Deus Ex gunplay is amazing and cyberpunk 2077 will show why you are wrong.

Elder Scrolls games as a archer or a mage is pretty close to a medieval fantasy FPS/RPG...

Holy shit, all you just said, is fucking wrong. Play some Unreal Tournment, some Arma, some old BF, or any real FPS ever before saying retarded shit like this. All of these games you listed are beloved because of their RPG elements, which are so good that the mediocre gameplay is forgiven, which at most are just good enough so you can either enjoy it a bit or at least tolerate it.

Also, the only Elder Scrolls that play anything like an FPS are Oblivion and Skyrim, with their dumbed down "actiony" combat. They are garbage gameplay wise, absolute trash. Is embarrassing you are scratching the bottom of the barrel for examples of good FPS/RPG hybrids.

As for Ainz summons <spoiler>

Ah, ok. So is Necromancers that are broken, not just Ainz, which is also the only one that uses super tier magic, which makes hmi broken anyway. You gotta stop following this thread of though when it comes defending your isekai weabo shit because you are actually arguing against yourself:

You said before :
Overlord propouse is to be a power fantasy. Ainz is a guy in between demigods and lesser deities in a low level world where only 4 casters can cast tier 6 magic(and he can cast super tier magic).

And now you say:
Any high level necro could do the same.

You argue that both that is good because its a power fantasy, and that Ainz isn't broken. That is ridiculous. Also he literally cheats, he uses Cash shop items. If that isn't broken i don't know what is.

Why waste time enchanting a petrification spell when i can just fire tons of petrification arrows?

Yeah, you are right, lets just erase mages and give fighters weapons that can petrify the enemy. Why waste time with spell cating, Vancian spell system and all that crap, if you can make a fast swinging blade and kill everything. Also, nice way to sidestep everything. Ranger can do this, so let's ignore everything else sorcerer can do and just play Ranger.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fucking bullshit. Magic doesn't exist so you can make believe that it works any way you want. I'm sorry, this is just retarded, magic doesn't exist, and you cannot tell how would it work.

Myths and legends about magic do exist. If you are creating a fictional universe assuming "X", X should make sense in that context.

Magic leading to insanity on Call of Cthulhu makes perfectly sense since magic in that universe is a alien thing which our mind can't comprehend. On BG the same magical system would't make any sense. Is that hard to understand that if you wanna a undead creature that heals on sunlight, you should't put a vampire?

You can aim in Paladins, but that doesn't make it a good shooter either.

I only play it when a moba fan friend asks for me to play.

Play some Unreal Tournment, some Arma, some old BF, or any real FPS ever before saying retarded shit like this.

Who said that i din't played this games?

I even did some montages

And yes, i prefer FNV gunplay over BF3 gun play. Reason? MOTION BLUR AND SUPPRESSION. BF1 is good DESPITE suppression.

Yeah, you are right, lets just erase mages and give fighters weapons that can petrify the enemy. Why waste time with spell cating, Vancian spell system and all that crap, if you can make a fast swinging blade and kill everything. Also, nice way to sidestep everything. Ranger can do this, so let's ignore everything else sorcerer can do and just play Ranger.

Wrong. You din't got my point. Sorcery is boring(imo) on DD, so why i should not play with Ranger which is much cooler IMO?

Archers are trash on 99% of the games, DD is a exception.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Fucking bullshit. Magic doesn't exist so you can make believe that it works any way you want. I'm sorry, this is just retarded, magic doesn't exist, and you cannot tell how would it work.

Myths and legends about magic do exist. If you are creating a fictional universe assuming "X", X should make sense in that context.

Magic leading to insanity on Call of Cthulhu makes perfectly sense since magic in that universe is a alien thing which our mind can't comprehend. On BG the same magical system would't make any sense. Is that hard to understand that if you wanna a undead creature that heals on sunlight, you should't put a vampire?

You can aim in Paladins, but that doesn't make it a good shooter either.

Play some Unreal Tournment, some Arma, some old BF, or any real FPS ever before saying retarded shit like this.

Who said that i din't played this games?

I even did some montages

And yes, i prefer FNV gunplay over BF3 gun play. Reason? MOTION BLUR AND SUPPRESSION. BF1 is good DESPITE suppression.

Wrong. You din't got my point. Sorcery is boring(imo) on DD, so why i should not play with Ranger which is much cooler IMO?

Got damn bro, dats some 1337 sniping skillz going on.

source.gif

Maybe it's time to introduce some modern weapons into Forgotten Realms, surely teh codex will appreciate this pure incline.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Maybe it's time to introduce some modern weapons into Forgotten Realms, surely teh codex will appreciate this pure incline.

LOL...

Modern firearms would be a huge problem BUT arquebuses/muskets IMO would be cool. Imagine mounted combat + muskets.

PS : On montages, i only put the shots that i hit. My accuracy with M95 on BFBC2 is just 46%.

Elex

Arbiter
Yes and today trailer will show 43 seconds of pointless teaser.
The announcement of the announcement of the announcement.

Anonona

Learned

Every single of those things are fiction, invented by humans either to explain reality or entertain. They are literally made up things, including Lovercraft. How any of this disproves what I said? Being realistic =/ being consistent.

To each their own, but man, I find you tastes to be pretty warped when it comes to FPSes.

You posted "why use petrification spell if I can shot many petrification arrows", I responded how this argument was shit. All fine and dandy if you find sorcerer boring, but that doesn't change you just said some dumb shit like this.

Yes, and you decided to post you "kill streak" on the screenshot thread.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Can someone make a tl;dr for someone who is tuning in only now? If I'm getting it right, BG3 is going to be a first person shooter. Correct?

Swen, can you confirm?
BG III is going to become the new Fortnite with a new special pay to win formula so we can drain the basement dwelling neckbeards out of the money they steal from their elderly parents.

It's the circle of life. BG III will be part of Larian's masterplan to take over the video game industry and in the long run we will become a global superpower and I Swen will become the first and true god emperor ruling over you plebs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom