Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Any link to the video? I wanna see it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Join us on the road to Baldur's Gate 3" sounds like an Early Access release date announcement.

Better quality on Facebook:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Modern firearms would be a huge problem BUT arquebuses/muskets IMO would be cool. Imagine mounted combat + muskets.

There is a Pathfinder AP that briefly visits Russia during WW1. You can of course acquire a few 20th century firearms.

They are surprisingly lame, also pretty much useless when you go back to Golarion unless you filled your bag of holding with ammo.

Edit: For the dubious

https://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Rasputin_Must_Die!
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms/

Last edited:

Saerain

Augur
Patron
LBI0hKG.gif

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There is a Pathfinder AP that briefly visits Russia during WW1. You can of course acquire a few 20th century firearms.

They are surprisingly lame, also pretty much useless when you go back to Golarion unless you filled your bag of holding with ammo.

A blackpowder lever action rifle + a reloading bench wound't be useless on Golarion. On Pathfinder, firearms are EXTREMELY lackluster, for eg, a Mosin Nagant with 80 feet/25m range when IRL a mosin nagant has a effective range of 300m( https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms/ ) And d10 damage is so lame for a rifle...

A fireball casted by any wizard can dish more damage than a **** mortar. Why anyone would even build a mortar when a scroll of fireball has way more range, damage and is arguably easier to produce and use?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

A blackpowder lever action rifle + a reloading bench wound't be useless on Golarion. On Pathfinder, firearms are EXTREMELY lackluster, for eg, a Mosin Nagant with 80 feet/25m range when IRL a mosin nagant has a effective range of 300m( https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms/ ) And d10 damage is so lame for a rifle...

A fireball casted by any wizard can dish more damage than a **** mortar. Why anyone would even build a mortar when a scroll of fireball has way more range, damage and is arguably easier to produce and use?

About the only good thing with firearms in the Pathfinder setting is they target touch AC rather than regular AC if you are within their effective range.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About the only good thing with firearms in the Pathfinder setting is they target touch AC rather than regular AC if you are within their effective range.

Makes sense, medieval armor is worthless vs firearms. What i found extremely lackluster is the range/damage. 5e i believe that there are no rules about firearms. I believe that there are even a lore explanation that the Gods messed with their functioning(NOT SURE)

But shotguns are the type of weapons which receive most nerfs in video games. Shotguns IRL are extremely versatile weapons, able to have all types of ammo, including very exotic ones, can hit targets at great distances...

On BFBC2 Shotgun + Slugs was great, but people cried so much and dice nerfed on further BF games.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Well normally magic items shouldn't be attainable from every fucking trash bin and not every murder hobo should be able to buys scrolls enough to make a library from them + not every 2nd peson in world should be caster.
Аlso gunslingers do not tend to "forget" how to use their weapons, while casters do (vanician system ). Guns kept underpowered, because some people hate fun.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well normally magic items shouldn't be attainable from every fucking trash bin and not every murder hobo should be able to buys scrolls enough to make a library from them + not every 2nd peson in world should be caster.
Аlso gunslingers do not tend to "forget" how to use their weapons, while casters do (vanician system ). Guns kept underpowered, because some people hate fun.

To be fair, the pitch to be a martial character is really lacking compared to a caster.

"Forget about bending the rules of reality to obey your every whim. Instead, you just hit things really hard, you hit them a lot, and you can also get hit a lot."

Artyoan

Arbiter
Looks a bit more aesthetically appropriate but not by a whole lot. The stiffness of the statue drop early on was a questionable choice to show. Still, I'll take some minor decent news while I watch the Western world burn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom