Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
vortex what's the significance of the picture? Don't know what historical event it's depicting.

You can't be serious... they teach you this in like 9th grade.

Bara

Arcane
That winged creature is a harpy, does that mean BG3 will have flying enemies?

If it's like D:OS2 its more like BG3 will have enemies that can just jump really good and will always land on solid ground somewhere. Which is why I'm grateful that Solasta already showed the flying spell making a character actually fly and stay in the air.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dnd, especially 5th sucks ass. Who cares how faithful they are? Shit company copying a shit game. Only good part about dnd is how the numbers work.

5e is not shit. Is just not good as 3.5e and 2e(4e is complete shit BTW)

IMO 2e has the best MARTIAL rules and 3.5e has the best SPELL rules.

Did you guys like the flying statue?

Can i fly on BG3? With invocations, spells or abilities like wings? hu3hu3hu3.

I wanna create a army of skeletons with muskets and bone wings!!!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Oh no, my d&d game is lacking realism, how awful.

There's a difference between magic existing in a fantasy world and statues defying the laws of physics in a fantasy world. Magic is established in that universe, but we're given no reason to believe that gravity or statues are different.

What you learn in 9th grade history class depends a lot on what country you go to school in

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Dnd, especially 5th sucks ass. Who cares how faithful they are? Shit company copying a shit game. Only good part about dnd is how the numbers work.

5e is not shit. Is just not good as 3.5e and 2e(4e is complete shit BTW)

IMO 2e has the best MARTIAL rules and 3.5e has the best SPELL rules.

Did you guys like the flying statue?

Can i fly on BG3? With invocations, spells or abilities like wings? hu3hu3hu3.

I wanna create a army of skeletons with muskets and bone wings!!!
Dnd in general is shit. Pathfinder too. All table top role playing is. Sitting with people with no qualifications and relying on them to provide entertainment or substance sucks.

Saravan

Savant

There's a difference between magic existing in a fantasy world and statues defying the laws of physics in a fantasy world. Magic is established in that universe, but we're given no reason to believe that gravity or statues are different.

What you learn in 9th grade history class depends a lot on what country you go to school in

I'm assuming you are at least over 18 years old. It's one of the most famous mural paintings in all of Western history depicting some of the most important historic philosophers and mathematicians in the world. Seriously, I have no words.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

I'm assuming you are at least over 18 years old. It's one of the most famous mural paintings in all of Western history depicting some of the most important historic philosophers and mathematicians in the world. Seriously, I have no words.
Sucks that I'm not from a Western culture then. I don't understand half the shit you guys say here.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
2e best martial rules wat?

Plate armor has higher AC vs slashes compared to piercing and better AC vs piercing compared to blunt. So maces > spears > swords on dealing with armor.

The hit points obtained on 2e is also far smaller, so the combat is more quick, fast and brutal.

There are few games which i enjoy melee combat, all of then are fast. On M&B, i remember when my char with 40 hp got hit by a charging knight lancer with a fast horse on the face; almost 300 pts of damage;;;

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Sucks that I'm not from a Western culture then. I don't understand half the shit you guys say here.
The center figures are Aristotle and Plato, Plato pointing up to signify the realm of Ideas and things not "of the earth" (space, time), Aristotle down to signify particulars and the physical reality.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
The center figures are Aristotle and Plato, Plato pointing up to signify the realm of Ideas and things not "of the earth" (space, time), Aristotle down to signify particulars and the physical reality.
Thanks. I know you're a fucking shit poster and a Larian cultist but I'm glad that in these hard times we can overcome our differences and you can explain some history to me.

This game isn’t going to be much like Baldur’s Gate, but it will probably be fun regardless. I’m sad that they had to sully the name. Hopefully they stay away from lore as much as possible.

ToEE throw a DEMIGOD to face a lv 10 party(you only need to survive few rounds BTW but is near impossible non the less). And Dark Sun: Shattered lands is a chore. If you din't multiclassed your characters, good lucky on final battle. There are even enemies at lv 15 on it while you are restricted to lv 9.

Don't tell me you've never tested the sweet glory of wiping the floor with Iuz before Chuthbert shows up? He popped up between my two polearm master fighter/rogues. Poor guy just couldn't stand up.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
I think Betrayal at Krondor did a great job with items and inventory. There was no weight, but inventory space was so tight that what you carried mattered tremendously. Your provisions, tools, medicine, torches, consumables, and even plot items all took up valuable space.

Apparently people* hate the 'inventory tetris system'. Shame as its an interesting take on inventory management.

*normies/casuals

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Is ontopoly a Western cultural thing?

'Being-many' or some such. It sounds like it's derived from Greek philosophy, which is one of the undisputed pillars of Western culture.
Oh. I don't know about any of that. If it means that then it's just a coincidence.

I know a decent amount about Western culture, there's just some weird gaps, you know?

I'm from Arcanum, they don't teach us about all of this Greek stuff so it's just what I picked up from here or there.

I am the shitposter?
And a Larian cultist.

I think Betrayal at Krondor did a great job with items and inventory. There was no weight, but inventory space was so tight that what you carried mattered tremendously. Your provisions, tools, medicine, torches, consumables, and even plot items all took up valuable space.

Apparently people* hate the 'inventory tetris system'. Shame as its an interesting take on inventory management.

*normies/casuals

There is a limit. With Betrayal at Krondor, the space was limited enough to not have you literally caught in the shuffle. The limited size was also an approximation for bulk/weight. I actually did not like Arcanum’s inventory because it was a sea of fiddly bits. The auto organization helped, but I didn’t like that it was necessary.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
what's the significance of the picture? Don't know what historical event it's depicting.
Then for the love of Sawyer you should learn about Aristotle and Plato (and Socrates), the masterminds of wisdom and thinking, geniuses we can only wish for now. It could help you for your blog.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
what's the significance of the picture? Don't know what historical event it's depicting.
Then for the love of Sawyer you should learn about Aristotle and Plato (and Socrates), the masterminds of wisdom and thinking, geniuses we can only wish for now. It could help you for your blog.

If it helps my blog i guess I'll look up these old fucks. In all serious I know who they are, just not familiar enough with art depicting them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom