Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't get people criticizing "only 4 party members", i always preferred to play BG2 solo or with a small party(3 members). Micromanage all party members is not fun or engaging. In fact, due their DUMB AI, you need to constant babysit then and constant micromanage every step. Otherwise, they will try suicide by walking into a zone with skull traps, cloudkill, ice storm, and incendiary clouds.

A lot of amazing games had 4 party team. Dark Sun : Shattered Lands is an example. What made SpellJammer Pirates of Realmspace unplayable is that you need to micromanage huge parties and fight huge enemy parties which lead to hours longs fetch battles. Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession also has a four party game. Even great non D&D games like Might & Magic VI. 4 party limit. With 6 or 8 party member and turn based, things will gonna take an eternity...

220px-Dark_Sun_-_Shattered_Lands_Coverart.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Did Larian said anything about animate dead and necromancer specialized wizards? I would HATE if there is a single summon limit. 5e already nerfed Finger of Death and we all know that the main point of being a necromancer is to finger succubus with Finger of Death spell.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Since the initial gameplay reveal in February, we totally overhauled the order of combat. Early Access means change, and change is shaped by feedback and testing over time. BG3’s combat is now set so that each combatant takes a turn at a time but there’s a twist. If multiple combatants of the same faction follow one another in the turn order, then you can simultaneously command each of them.

haters absolutely btfo
if I'm reading this correctly that's basically the simultaneous turn option from ToEE, right? Assuming it will apply to the AIs too that is.

If I'm not mistaken Swen mentioned it during his latest stream as well.
If initiative rolls made several of party members act one after another, you can freely chose any of them to act in any order you like.
So if, for example, Ally-1 and Ally-2 act on initiative 10 and 11, you can move Ally-2, cast with Ally-1 and then attack with Ally-2. Something like that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Dark Sun : Shattered Lands
Would have been a lot better with 6 people party lol.
Half giants and thri-keen count as two each.
Muh,pure human party here,keep your mutation fetish to yourself!
And a human is worth two of each freak so you're already at 8.
Ahhh you mean 16?! If each human is worth two freaks and each is worth two slots......ahhh that is 4x2x2=16.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dark Sun : Shattered Lands
Would have been a lot better with 6 people party lol.
Half giants and thri-keen count as two each.
Muh,pure human party here,keep your mutation fetish to yourself!
And a human is worth two of each freak so you're already at 8.
Ahhh you mean 16?! If each human is worth two freaks and each is worth two slots......ahhh that is 4x2x2=16.
Depends, half giant and the bugs are two, but elf and dwarf are only half and the mul is, like, three fourths.

Codex Year of the Donut
What will anti-lariantards complain about next? I'm sure they'll find something to complain about despite it being the best RPG ever created even though it's not done yet.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Looks like the Dead Three will be very important on BG3 lore

So, imagine instead of the player being a Bhaalspawn, he is a Myrkulspawn...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At 7:50 he quoted Larian
4dBQOuh.png

It's from a press release from February:

Baldur’s Gate 3 is an entirely next-generation RPG taking place in the Forgotten Realms® setting from Dungeons & Dragons and 20 years in the making. Return to the legendary city of Baldur’s Gate® in a tale of fellowship and betrayal, sacrifice and survival and the lure of absolute power.

Dark powers are awakening inside you, drawn from a Mind Flayer parasite planted in your mind. Resist, and turn evil against itself. Or embrace corruption, and lay claim to the Forgotten Realms.

FEATURES: A TRULY NEXT-GENERATION EXPERIENCE
  • Built using the new Divinity 4.0 engine with AAA production values
  • Cinematic dialogs, all performance captured across 1.5 million words
  • Unparalleled depth and replayability, whether in single player or multiplayer
  • Expanded Attitude System to leave your mark on the world
  • Dynamic Music that shifts in tone to the context of a battle, situation, and story
  • Layered Crime system that holds you accountable for your actions and affects your reputation
  • 4-player online multiplayer and split-screen couch co-op for 2 players
THE MOST AUTHENTIC D&D RPG EVER CREATED
  • Hundreds of locations true to the lore, spanning over 100 hours of gameplay.
  • Choose from 15 D&D races & subraces and 8 classes with more to be announced
  • Build relationships with your companions in your ever-evolving campsite
  • Roll the dice to determine your fate in a story with countless permutations
  • Speak with the dead to learn new facts and uncover secrets
EVOLVED TURN-BASED COMBAT TRUE TO D&D
  • Switch to turn-based mode to solve puzzles or sneak up on characters
  • Manipulate light and darkness for non-binary style stealth action
  • The next generation of turn-based combat featuring hundreds of D&D spells and actions
  • Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment
YOU ARE BURDENED WITH A GREAT POWER DEVOURING YOU FROM WITHIN. HOW FAR DOWN THE PATH OF DARKNESS WILL YOU LET IT TAKE YOU? THE FATE OF THE FORGOTTEN REALMS IS ON YOUR PARTY’S SHOULDERS. WILL YOU CARRY IT TO SALVATION, OR DESCEND WITH IT TO HELL?

We are in the Forgotten Realms, a land of many races and multiple divine beings. We know that the world is in turmoil: armies of evil (gnolls, orcs, duergar, goblins, drow, ...) rampage along the Sword Coast, and refugees swarm to Baldur’s Gate. Amid all this chaos, a new cult is on the rise: the cult of the Absolute. Seeking to overthrow the old order, its shadowy network is chipping away at the Forgotten Realms foundations. Baldur’s Gate itself will be the first to fall. That is where we come in: the players. And we’re off to a very inauspicious start indeed…

Out of nowhere, we were kidnapped by mind flayers. A tadpole was put in our heads. We barely survived the crash landing of a nautiloid, and we find ourselves stranded in the middle of an inhospitable wilderness. We discover we have only a few days to get rid of the parasite inside, or we’ll become mind flayers ourselves. As we desperately seek a cure, we discover the tadpole gives us godlike powers and we find ourselves on the centre stage of a complot hatched by none other than the Dead Three: the gods of Murder, Tyranny, and Death. Our journey will not only take us back to the legendary city of Baldur’s Gate, but through and beyond the Forgotten Realms.

It is a journey of survival: ours, and all of the Forgotten Realms.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Don't remember any 80s action films being about unravelling a jewish conspiracy about stock manipulation of iron and sparking of a local conflict,whit a twist of "i am your bother" at the end.

Baldur's Gate was a rip-off of Highlander.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom