Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Self-Ejected
Forgotten Realms is pretty dumb so there is no need to argue about a stupid S&M fetish god. There is nothing about it that can be redeemed as they have the goddess dress in bondage gear.
You can make some effort. You can at least not end the scene with a leering faggot in leather saying how much he personally got off on it.
Larian should have just left her out of the game (or at least left her worshipers out) and never mentioned her like the many other gods they never mention. That they chose to add in her worshipers like this tells you what you need to know.
5E that apparently made her some kind of major deity instead of just a lesser one. There must be some kind of popularity there.

But you had a much better torture opportunity with the prisoner in the next room, but instead there's this weirdo is sitting on his ass, waiting for the player to walk in to pull this creepy fetish routine.
No... Loviatar is around since the time of disorders. A divinity that was always present in the forgotten realms is just that the old bg and icewind dale games were designed for kids so they left all the controversial material outside. But if you check new and older manual you find a lot of divinities. Sharess the goddess of carnal pleasure for example has a lot of following. So the goddess Sune that shares her garden with both Sharess and the Elven Goddess of Love you clearly never understood or known the setting outside the games.

Has nothing to do with the 5E.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If you played D&D games for decades then you lack understanding. Again you are ciriticizing on the basis of personal bias and not on the basis of context.
The context is the cinematic scene.

I said in my first response to you that the entire cult is essentially fetish bait on some level, but as DP said, Larian included them. And Larian wrote them as the basest interpretation possible of them.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Fans of Minsc were always braindead normies.
Fans of Minsc may be brain-dead normies, but fans of Boo are prestigious grognards! +M

8gBeNhl.png

Self-Ejected
No... Loviatar is around since the time of disorders.
No shit. As a lesser deity. English.

You talk of not understanding the setting and you don't get that?
Dosn't matter if is a lesser deity or not. Your criticism comes from personal bias of your personal taste or value that should not have nothing to do with a setting with its own customs and traditions. You make something about morality inside a FICTIONAL context. And you go on attempting to do gaslighting instead of having a mature conversation. I stated my point and i called what you said bullshit providing quotes and info of the source material proving you wrong.

Seethe,Cope,Dilate.

Also she is not a lesser deity for your information but an intermediate one.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Dosn't matter if is a lesser deity or not.
It does, since that's the post you responded to. You clearly didn't understand the distinction between "lesser" and "greater" and thought I was saying she wasn't a deity. Then you said she's only been around since the time of troubles, which isn't true.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, or even what I'm saying, yet here you are blabbing your fat mouth. Typical.

Self-Ejected
Dosn't matter if is a lesser deity or not.
It does, since that's the post you responded to. You clearly didn't understand the distinction between "lesser" and "greater" and thought I was saying she wasn't a deity. Then you say she's only been around since the time of troubles, which isn't true.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about, or even what I'm saying, yet here you are blabbing your fat mouth. Typical.
No you are just are an idiot want a proof? The link i provided actually tells you what rank the divinity is and you even didin't bother to look. So again before opening your mouth make sure to be informed.

Edit:
The rank of a divinity merely represent the number of followers of a God. Being a lesser good dosn't mean for the followers to be rare to be spotted. You also have demigods or spirits in the case of Rashemen that are worshipped as Gods.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
The fights are easy if you're trying even a little bit. Especially since the good path has you likely to have killed the drider already.

You fight the drider at the end if you didnt kill him earlier? That's actually pretty cool. Hopefully the definitive edition cleans up the final act, it was basically my only issue with the game.

act1 = 10/10
act 2 = 8/10
act 3 = 3/10

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
No you are just are an idiot want a proof? The link i provided actually tells you what rank the divinity is and you even didin't bother to look.
What are you even talking about, you dumb old bitch? :lol:

You linked a wiki. It doesn't show a rank for 5E, it shows intermediate for 4E and it shows a lesser rank for the other editions. That's why I'm saying they've increased her importance for 5E.

Edit: oh I see, they're relying on the intermediate link under her name for 5E and just omit it for Basic information. Shitty wiki.
So again before opening your mouth make sure to be informed.
She says, still unable to understand English.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected
No you are just are an idiot want a proof? The link i provided actually tells you what rank the divinity is and you even didin't bother to look.
What are you even talking about, you dumb old bitch? :lol:

You linked a wiki. It doesn't show a rank for 5E, it shows intermediate for 4e and it shows a lesser rank for the other editions. That's why I'm saying they've increased her importance for 5E.
So again before opening your mouth make sure to be informed.
She says, still unable to understand English.
And?... You realize the rank is just how much followers a God has right? Has nothing to do with importance of said God this is just something you came out yourself. I always said the rank is not relevant. Loviatar in past was an ally of Bhaal to then become ally of Bane around the third edition and you wonder why you find a Loviatar cleric in the goblin camp? Was not even this what we were talking about. You argue that Loviatar cleric acted like a BDSM bait character. Loviatar is all about bringing and having pain what did you expect? Are you really this dense?
You clearly don't know the setting. Like at all. All you care is the game dosn't care about your agenda and makes you furious.

You just lost an argument and now you are attempting to derail it or use insults and teasing in order to don't feel bad with yourself lol.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
And?... You realize the rank is just how much followers a God has right?
Almost sounds like the reason why I was defending Larian for including them now that she's no longer a lesser deity as of 4th Edition. :roll:
Has nothing to do with importance of said God this is just something you came out yourself.
If a deity has more followers in a setting, they're more important in the setting. That's an objective fact.
and you wonder why you find a Loviatar cleric in the goblin camp?
I wonder why they have this weird faggot waiting there for the player for this cringe bsdsm scene. I said repeatedly that even if it's defensible to include them, make an effort.

But this is Bear Sex 3, so that's clearly expecting too much.
You argue that Loviatar cleric acted like a BDSM bait character.
And not just him, but Loviatar herself and the whole cult in general. Always has been. But including him specifically and doing it in this way is only for BDSM bait. Like DP said, you could have left it out and nothing of value would be lost. And you could have tried to elevate the writing above this weird scene. But no.
You clearly don't know the setting.
She says, not understanding the difference between a demigoddess, a lesser deity and an intermediate one.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Dragonborn still got the most lame-ass dialogue options.
E: Then again they are a lame-ass addition to the setting with little characterization to begin with so joke's on me.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Dragonborn still got the most lame-ass dialogue options.
They got the "I don't need to poop." dialog, yeah.
All they have is "They're kinda honorable and autistic about topics they like, kinda, maybe?" and "They don't like dragons" (Another thing Larian didn't understand, because they added Bahamut and Tiamat as diety choices when it's stated that DB hate dragons so much they even refuse to worship dragon gods.)

Self-Ejected
And?... You realize the rank is just how much followers a God has right?
Almost sounds like the reason why I was defending Larian for including them now that she's no longer a lesser deity as of 4th Edition. :roll:
Has nothing to do with importance of said God this is just something you came out yourself.
If a deity has more followers in a setting, they're more important in the setting. Otherwise they're just a small cult.
and you wonder why you find a Loviatar cleric in the goblin camp?
I wonder why they have this weird faggot waiting there for the player for this cringe bsdsm scene. I said repeatedly that even if it's defensible to include them, make an effort.

But this is Bear Sex 3, so that's clearly expecting too much.
You argue that Loviatar cleric acted like a BDSM bait character.
And not just him, but Loviatar herself and the whole cult in general. But including him specifically and doing it in this way is only for BDSM bait. Like DP said, you could have left it out and nothing of value would be lost. And you could have tried to elevate the writing above this weird scene.
You clearly don't know the setting.
She says, not understanding the difference between a demigoddess, a lesser deity and an intermediate one.
Now you are clearly inventing in many cases lesser deity utterly destroyed a divinity in FR heck even not deities managed to do that. Is not about power or importance is about followers. The lady of pain in sigil has no followers she dosn't want followers but her alone is way more powerful of all the deities of FR combined this is why there are no temples in Sigil the only temple that was present was one of the God of Portal that the Lady of Pain annhiliated in a blink of an eye.

But in a more serious note Loviatar was around from the first editions is not for BDSM bait Loviatar was always involved both with Bhaal and in Bane and since were the ones of the Absolute to contact the cleric to go there to train the goblin in the art of torture make perfect sense why is there. You are only butthurt because the game dosn't comform to your "Values" and instead of a good kids version of Faerun it actually show Faerun how it truly was meant by his creator. You scream about degeneracy but that material was always there scattered around past editions as well and i tell you again in case is not clear for you. The old Bg were "Tame" because were meant for an audience at the time that was "Mainly kids".

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Now you are clearly inventing
Huh? I do not think that word means what you think it means.
Is not about power or importance is about followers.
I'm talking about importance from a writing perspective. This is all about writing and game design.
The lady of pain in sigil has no followers she dosn't want followers but her alone is way more powerful of all the deities
Is she a deity? What are we talking about here?
But in a more serious note Loviatar was around from the first editions
She says, after previously saying she was only around since the Time of Troubles. Real setting expert here.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Lae'zel is so schizo

My group arrives at the Grymforge
2 Duergar greet me

my MC: you are slavers, I want nothing to do with you
Lae'zel disapproves
my MC: Im going to gut you now
Lae'zel approves

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lae'zel is so schizo

2 Duergar greet me

Lae'zel disapproves
Lae'zel approves
Makes perfect sense. They are slavers. She wants you to have something to do with them. She wants you to kill them.

What doesn't make sense is that she makes perfect sense, for a woman.

Hagashager

Educated
Lae'zel is so schizo

2 Duergar greet me

Lae'zel disapproves
Lae'zel approves
I got a chuckle when you first meet her in the cage.

After getting rid of the Tielflings she demands you let her out. One of the dialogues you can choose is, "Can I get a 'please'?"

Her flat "no" and dialogue ending was based. Respect.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom