Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Barbarian

Arcane
His father, who appears in game(Duke Ravengard) is black though. Would need to be changed as well.
(white) devil ancestry can skip a few generations before manifesting

Lol maybe if the guy who uploaded it wasn't so edgy it would still be up:

Hey there, just wanted to share it so people are aware of it since it's not the first time:

There is a mod on Nexusmods, uploaded by SwedenRebel (new account) and created by AHDNW (acronym for Adolf Hitler Did Nothing Wrong) that consists on making Wyll white.

Not necessarily mean-spirited if it wasn't for the creator name (that could be just trolling), but given the deflective Descriptions and comments (that got locked after the two), and the high ratio of endorsements/downloads (37/153), it seems like racist Dog whistle. There was also previously a mod that made him lighter with high endorsement ratio that got removed.

Mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/1104?tab=posts

Capture: https://i.imgur.com/pZ8UZEQ.jpeg

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Enemies do try and push you into chasms if they can, it would be more noticeable if battles lasted longer.
They also shove their allies to wake them up form sleep for example. Makes sleep less of a free CC early game if you do it close to another enemy that takes a turn right after.
DOS II pretty much devolved into a game of doing whatever to get the next enemy in line to skip its turn and that skips two of them usually, so good enough for a no save spell.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Fought a couple of Duegars on a ship, shoved three in the sea, justified as they tried to do the same with me. Also fought three mimics. Love their design. Accidentally shoved one into a chasm as well, didn't expect him to die as it didn't look deep and so didn't try it with the other two, as the mimics stole weapons from my fighters two times. Bad for them that I always keep spares around.

Shaki

Arbiter
Fought a couple of Duegars on a ship, shoved three in the sea, justified as they tried to do the same with me. Also fought three mimics. Love their design. Accidentally shoved one the clips as well, didn't expect him to die and didn't try it with the other two, as the mimics stole weapons from my fighters two times. Bad for him that I always keep spares around.
IIRC one of the mimics had some unique loot on it, hope it wasn't the one you shoved off the cliff

Mortmal

Arcane
Seriously if you'd listen to the retards here hating on the game and they'd make a game it would be garbage with ZERO fun factor.
There are already several games of that nature. The original poster, who is occasionally a member of RPGCodex, often receives numerous approvals and positive ratings from fellow users. The game's presentation tends to be reminiscent of old-school styles. Certain Codex members assert that it's the best game they've played, although their claim extends only to playing, not purchasing. There's a strong possibility they acquired the game through torrents if it's adhering to their high standards, such as compatibility with Linux or Windows 7. However, upon closer inspection, you'll find that these games have only ever had a peak of 10 players, receive mixed ratings on Steam, and remain largely unknown beyond the confines of the Codex community. In fact, listening to these individuals could potentially lead to financial ruin.

Hagashager

Educated
Fought a couple of Duegars on a ship, shoved three in the sea, justified as they tried to do the same with me. Also fought three mimics. Love their design. Accidentally shoved one into a chasm as well, didn't expect him to die as it didn't look deep and so didn't try it with the other two, as the mimics stole weapons from my fighters two times. Bad for them that I always keep spares around.
Before getting the game I watched a friend play it on Discord. He, himself, had never played before and was dropped into a group while they were gearing up to fight a Beholder in the Underdark. The others all warned him it would be a tough fight and this probably wasn't a good intro for him, but he figured he'd try anyway.

Fuckin' homeboy gets jumped first, Beholder floats to him standing on the edge of a cliff. My buddy goes, "Hey so...there's a shove action, does...does that work on Beholders?"

It does. Very first kill of his character was schoolyard bully shoving a Beholder off a cliff.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I don't even remember this guy. I killed everyone in the goblin camp so likely he ended just as a victim of my murder hoboing. Well, he likely liked the pain that came with it, hehe

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
An easier way is just to kill the cult mobs in the tower before doing the nightsong quest.
Sure, but it's too late for that in my case.

In Jaheira's case, I'm wondering if her problem is due to the difficulty level because in my game she just used spells and didn't try to approach enemy paladins most of the time without shapeshifting.
Couldn't be the difficulty. I'm on Balanced.

An easier way is just to kill the cult mobs in the tower before doing the nightsong quest.
Sure, but it's too late for that in my case.

In Jaheira's case, I'm wondering if her problem is due to the difficulty level because in my game she just used spells and didn't try to approach enemy paladins most of the time without shapeshifting.
Couldn't be the difficulty. I'm on Balanced.
For me she spammed Ice Storm and it was quite effective.

Update on that battle. As I imagined, if you establish a killing field in the space between the two opposing staircases, you're golden. Ice Storm for ice cover, Evard's Black tentacles, Jaheira comes with another Ice storm, later on SH casts Silence in the same area, and the rest is mostly ranged attacks, with my main and Laezel engaging anyone who gets through and starts climbing the staircase on my side.

lk7TMQL.jpg

Since I'm controlling Jaheira, she can't go allah akbar. Sadly her melee harpers mostly died, but it's not my fault they didn't know basic tactics. On the positive side, the quartermaster lives and will continue to work as a merchant for me.

The hallway after the combat:
p0dmO4k.jpg

I actually ended up with quite a few unused spells on SH and Gale. Nice.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Before getting the game I watched a friend play it on Discord. He, himself, had never played before and was dropped into a group while they were gearing up to fight a Beholder in the Underdark. The others all warned him it would be a tough fight and this probably wasn't a good intro for him, but he figured he'd try anyway.

Fuckin' homeboy gets jumped first, Beholder floats to him standing on the edge of a cliff. My buddy goes, "Hey so...there's a shove action, does...does that work on Beholders?"

It does. Very first kill of his character was schoolyard bully shoving a Beholder off a cliff.
Wait, really? I mean, aren't Beholder floating, how does this make any sense.

Oh yeah, the Beholder fight at the Selune entrance to the underdark was cool. Managed to only get one of the petrified (and during the combat unpetrified) drows get killed

Hagashager

Educated

Wait, really? I mean, aren't Beholder floating, how does this make any sense.

Oh yeah, the beholder fight at the Selune entrance to the underdark was cool. Managed to only get one of the petriefied (and during the combat unpetrified) drows get killed
That was my thought too. In the context of the game, Beholders aren't perpetually flying, even though they actually are in the PnP system.

Unfortunately this all lead to an obnoxious argument afterward because I called bullshit on shoving a Beholder off a cliff and mentioned, as a GM, if a player did that I'd just have the Beholder fuck with the party by having him pretend to fall off only to have him float back up cackling maniacally.

One of the other guys, who just loves to fuckin' argue, accused me of being a shitty GM and not respecting the rules of the game.

Rules he seems to think are accurate in BG 3.

Shaki

Arbiter

Lmao, I remember I thought about trying to shove the Beholder, but decided it obviously wouldn't work since that nigga is floating, and I would just waste a bonus action

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't even remember this guy. I killed everyone in the goblin camp so likely he ended just as a victim of my murder hoboing. Well, he likely liked the pain that came with it, hehe

I'm going to have to get out the graph paper for that shit.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I remember I also fought a bulette somewhere in the underdark. The enemy variety is really amazing, lots of monsters I remember from the GoldBox games but they never felt as imposing there as here

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Btw. is there a point to saving Nere since I likely end up killing him anyway or just letting him die under the rubble? Does it break any quests (like the mushroom quest) if I just let him suffocate?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Typical Jaheira - when you have her under your control and use Shift+C to tell the whole party to go into sneaking, guess if Jaheria goes into sneak mode as well. :lol:

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
Btw. is there a point to saving Nere since I likely end up killing him anyway or just letting him die under the rubble? Does it break any quests (like the mushroom quest) if I just let him suffocate?
All the Duergar and Svirfneblin slaves will leave so do whatever you wanna do with that situation before Nere dies

AwesomeButton

Patron
Nere is trapped there together with some deep gnomes, obviously to provide a good-aligned party with motivation to free him. Later you can get involved in those deep gnomes' problems and help them out.

Honestly, I've never seen a well done evil path in any cRPG, at best a well-written cartonish evil path
There are very, very, very few people that want an actual evil path. Most people want a dark, edgy and sexy path where they don't butcher children, animals, 'good' people or severely fuck up the world not for the better of anyone else.

Butchering children or animals usually is the edgy path, that's not evil just moronic. There has to be a reason. Say a deadly disease breaks out in a children's hospital and you have to either burn it down with everyone in it or let the disease run wild and claim even more victims. A true evil path shouldn't feel like an "evil" path, it should just be a path with many seemingly rational choices that leads you down an increasingly dark road until you lose all sense of good and evil
I get what you are saying and I agree that that works.

But there should be real evil playthroughs as well, these would be bandit power hungry types of paths. Like real life narcos or russian criminals during the nineties, people that saw if limbs of competing criminals and her cute nicknames for it.

Also a evil path should be evil cleric paladin, like an ISIS path.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom