Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

TheDarkUrge

Educated

Apparently, Hololive En is going to do their own BG3 stream.

All the haters didn't believe me when I said this game being popular with streamers was kind of a big deal, but I keep seeing 80k+ viewers on Twitch for this, and I only check during off hours. This translates into a ton of word of mouth marketing and sales.

While I do like that CRPGs are financially viable again, I think BG3 did lose a lot of its magic catering to a wider audience including tranime watchers like what you just posted. I preferred when Wyll was a fraud, when Shadowheart actually acted like a Shar worshipper. I think the game was heading for a darker tone but people didnt like that. Good business decision, bad artistic one.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
I don't know if this was posted here yet so feel free to rate me late but someone on Steam was able to datamine Baldur's Gate 3 and found a whole bunch of cut content. Here is the link for those that are interested: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3812913565885064204/
As you guessed, much of the content that was cut was for Act 3. Here is hoping they restore the more interesting cut content down the line in a Definitive Edition.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
19) Daisy - It's not a secret that Daisy was cut from the game after the last EA release and replaced with "The Guardian." Originally Daisy was representative of the tadpole in your head, not the Emperor, and would attempt to seduce your character into staying in the meadow by the river with her forever. A happy life with an imaginary dream lover while your body underwent ceramorphosis and was lost to you forever. Daisy was such an important part of the plot that both of the games theme songs "Down by The River" and "The Power" are based entirely upon Daisy. Datamined content also shows there was originally an ending where players would embrace a romance with Daisy and give themselves over to the parasite, forever leaving their individual consciousness "down by the river" with Daisy.
FFS. This would have been brilliant. It's exactly what I suggested before instead of this asinine plot.

Thank you, TESTER NIGGERFAGGOTS, for getting Daisy swapped out for a GAY MIND FLAYER.

:deadtroll:

Here is hoping they restore the more interesting cut content down the line in a Definitive Edition
There's no fixing stuff like Daisy. The cake is baked at this point.

Herumor

Scholar
I don't know if this was posted here yet so feel free to rate me late but someone on Steam was able to datamine Baldur's Gate 3 and found a whole bunch of cut content. Here is the link for those that are interested: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/3812913565885064204/
As you guessed, much of the content that was cut was for Act 3. Here is hoping they restore the more interesting cut content down the line in a Definitive Edition.
That's really a lot of cut content.

Obviously, not everything is gonna be brought back into the game with the Definitive Edition that we're all expecting to see, but it'd be nice to see Act 3 reworked like the last act in Divinity: Original Sin 2. It just feels too small for being in Baldur's Gate, as a city.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
People didnt like daisy because it was obvious that she was a tadpole, so almost all players told her to fuck off

Good writing could've fixed it.

Like a good magician, what you need is misdirection.

Daisy should've been Shadowheart. She should've been a delusion all along.

Bam! Okay Larian, you can give me a million dollars for fixing your story with something that I pulled out of my ass.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
People didnt like daisy because it was obvious that she was a tadpole, so almost all players told her to fuck off
Then you get more creative with your writing. You don't just axe the whole concept and replace it with something much more retarded.

Besides, so what if players don't get the bad end?

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
That's really a lot of cut content.

Obviously, not everything is gonna be brought back into the game with the Definitive Edition that we're all expecting to see, but it'd be nice to see Act 3 reworked like the last act in Divinity: Original Sin 2. It just feels too small for being in Baldur's Gate, as a city.
Agree but I hope Larian at least restores the Upper City, the Hag Coven in Act 2 & 3, Tadpole's and Consequences, Banite cultist encounters, being able to recruit Cazador and his coven in the fight against the Cult of the Absolute, and Epilogues for companions, factions and quest NPC's. I will say that I am glad that Larian cut Crafting. Best decision they made.

Herumor

Scholar
Speaking of obvious parasites.
tusxM0n.jpg

Sunri

Liturgist
Then you get more creative with your writing. You don't just axe the whole concept and replace it with something much more retarded.

Yea, let's just write good script lmao it's so easy why didnt Swen think about it, is he stupid?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, so Sarevok doesn't mind you joining the cult of Bhaal despite you running around gathering netherstones, one of which his granddaughter has. But once you kill her and visit him again he talks something about it's okay, because you are now the chosen one, and now he's gonna become the chosen one because he's going to kill you (homie, if you wanted you could've become one before), because if you kill the chosen you become one (why won't all Bhaal worshippers kill one another then?), then fights you. Meaning entire room turns against you, including the trader. I thought they worshipped Bhaal, not Sarevok.

This is just one of many examples why writing in this game sucks.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

Yea, let's just write good script lmao it's so easy why didnt Swen think about it, is he stupid?
LMAO.
Players don't get manipulated by a dream waifu. Maybe a gay squid will do a better job.

Another valuable insight into a belgian soul.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Okay, so Sarevok doesn't mind you joining the cult of Bhaal despite you running around gathering netherstones, one of which his granddaughter has. But once you kill her and visit him again he talks something about it's okay, because you are now the chosen one, and now he's gonna become the chosen one because he's going to kill you (homie, if you wanted you could've become one before), because if you kill the chosen you become one (why won't all Bhaal worshippers kill one another then?), then fights you. Meaning entire room turns against you, including the trader. I thought they worshipped Bhaal, not Sarevok.

Maybe he really believes in the Highlander. There can only be one.

Sunri

Liturgist

LMAO.
Player's don't get manipulated by a dream waifu. Maybe a gay squid will do a better job.

I mean the emperor despite being a dick keeps his end of the bargain romancing Daisy is just suicide lmao

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

LMAO.
Player's don't get manipulated by a dream waifu. Maybe a gay squid will do a better job.

I mean the emperor despite being a dick keeps his end of the bargain romancing Daisy is just suicide lmao
And that's something that should have been noticed during a writer meeting. Before it was scripted, voiced, animated and got a whole skill tree around it.
So yes.
All the evidence suggests there is something stupid in Larian. A person, a group, or some bad dev practice.

Game dev ain't easy. But BG3 seems particularly messy in some areas.

BruceVC

Magister
I wonder if modders will be able to include some of this content or get some good ideas from what was cut?

BruceVC

Magister
Well if we are talking about writing i can tell you something i always disliked Mystra. She is basically a Mary Sue
Yup. And fucks her followers. What a shock that Larian tied her so closely to the campaign.

Gale announcing he was Mysta's lover was basically him admitting he's a cuck because she sleeps with everyone. What must those threesomes with Elminster have been like?

"She says, after previously saying she was only around since the Time of Troubles. Real setting expert here." ...are you really so dense?
You're the one who said it... :lol:
Dude you are one that comes in a thread of a game he dislike to cry about degeneracy and things were ALWAYS in the setting
*Things that have been magnified in the setting since Wizard's took over. This is why I was saying that it's not entirely Larian's fault for including Loviatar, but as DP said, they made the choice to include her, and in the most low-effort, fetish bait way possible.

This is retreading past posts though.
Edgy are you thinking what Im thinking, a Mystra and Lolth threesome ?

I like the way you think :bounce:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

TBF, Bhaal worshipers are actually morons. They don't really have any endgame beyond Step 1: murder, Step 2: ???

Orin and her entire quest is bonkers retarded.

Sunri

Liturgist

TBF, Bhaal worshipers are actually morons. They don't really have any endgame beyond Step 1: murder, Step 2: ???

Orin and her entire quest is bonkers retarded.
Ball himself is a retard and a jobber, what do you expect from his followers?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The dead three can be accurately described as "three losers get trolled to infinity by the god of death for the luls."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom