Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

SkyFlyer97

19) Daisy - It's not a secret that Daisy was cut from the game after the last EA release and replaced with "The Guardian." Originally Daisy was representative of the tadpole in your head, not the Emperor, and would attempt to seduce your character into staying in the meadow by the river with her forever. A happy life with an imaginary dream lover while your body underwent ceramorphosis and was lost to you forever. Daisy was such an important part of the plot that both of the games theme songs "Down by The River" and "The Power" are based entirely upon Daisy. Datamined content also shows there was originally an ending where players would embrace a romance with Daisy and give themselves over to the parasite, forever leaving their individual consciousness "down by the river" with Daisy.
FFS. This would have been brilliant. It's exactly what I suggested before instead of this asinine plot.

Thank you, TESTER NIGGERFAGGOTS, for getting Daisy swapped out for a GAY MIND FLAYER.

:deadtroll:

Here is hoping they restore the more interesting cut content down the line in a Definitive Edition
There's no fixing stuff like Daisy. The cake is baked at this point.
I definitely think that ending with Daisy is so much more poetic, interesting, and true to what the tadpole should have been than what we got. Along with losing daisy, we lost a lot of C&C with the tadpole. Originally, removing the tadpole was actually achievable earlier in the game by selling your soul to Raphael, you could block the tadpole's effect with items, and shoving too many tadpoles in your brain would would have important story consequences. Instead we got this. Larian flinched way too hard with the story and implementation of the tadpole and screwed it up in my opinion.

Latro

Arcane
People didnt like daisy because it was obvious that she was a tadpole, so almost all players told her to fuck off
Then you get more creative with your writing. You don't just axe the whole concept and replace it with something much more retarded.

Besides, so what if players don't get the bad end?
Yea, let's just write good script lmao it's so easy why didnt Swen think about it, is he stupid?
Why not just hire a real writing team and battle designers and cut out all the gay shit?

Vatnik Wumao
Obviously, not everything is gonna be brought back into the game with the Definitive Edition that we're all expecting to see, but it'd be nice to see Act 3 reworked like the last act in Divinity: Original Sin 2. It just feels too small for being in Baldur's Gate, as a city.
Not to mention that it massively fucks up the narrative flow. Even if we don't get an act for each of the Dead Three's champions, at the very least having a Bhaal-centered lower city and a Bane-centered upper one is a must. And since they presumably had the upper city mostly complete and just had to scrap it due to rushing the release, who knows if they won't bring it back.

Also, Gortash is a total bro. If you accept his proposal for an alliance, you can read his thoughts and he's earnest about it. :love: Shame that it amounts to nothing in the finale. Such a 'path' deserves its own ending akin to the one for making a pact with Raphael, as barebones as the latter itself is. Ending slides could probably carry a lot of that sort of reactivity for relatively little dev cost if they intend to dedicate time to adding content for a definitive edition, so who knows.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Okay, so Sarevok doesn't mind you joining the cult of Bhaal despite you running around gathering netherstones, one of which his granddaughter has. But once you kill her and visit him again he talks something about it's okay, because you are now the chosen one, and now he's gonna become the chosen one because he's going to kill you (homie, if you wanted you could've become one before), because if you kill the chosen you become one (why won't all Bhaal worshippers kill one another then?), then fights you. Meaning entire room turns against you, including the trader. I thought they worshipped Bhaal, not Sarevok.

This is just one of many examples why writing in this game sucks.

TBF, Bhaal worshipers are actually morons. They don't really have any endgame beyond Step 1: murder, Step 2: ???

Orin and her entire quest is bonkers retarded.
Ball himself is a retard and a jobber, what do you expect from his followers?
But there needs to be a god for edge lord murder hobos. So what if Bhaal's plans make no sense in the grand scheme of things. Retarded edge lord murder hobos need some kind justification for being edge lords who go on murder sprees.

Vatnik Wumao
But there needs to be a god for edge lord murder hobos. So what if Bhaal's plans make no sense in the grand scheme of things. Retarded edge lord murder hobos need some kind justification for being edge lords who go on murder sprees.
Talos is Bhaal minus the cringe as another deity of wanton destruction tbh. And Bhaal's followers could just as easily switch to worshipping him (as had happened with most followers of Myrkul switching to the worship of Cyric and then of Kelemvor).

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Zeltak , stop being a passive aggressive little bitch! :lol: Come out and shitpost like a man, weak wristed manlet. :lol:

1692684715889.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Nothing edgy about being a murder hobo. We do it for the good of the realms and loot. Murder hobos are a natural function of any fantasy setting, we keep evil motherfuckers on their toes

NaturallyCarnivorousSheep

Albanian Deliberator Kang
Patron
Possibly Retarded
Why not just hire a real writing team
Oh yeah the mythical good writers that exist somewhere. I've been 5 steps ahead of you years ago when I've started my anti-storyfaggot genocide crusade.

Typical writer who's out there on the job market has a literature degree of some kind. What kind of stuff is he being taught there you can figure out yourself. Typical recent, new published author, and that includes genre fiction is a woman in her late 20's to early 30's writing ultra woke slop(did you know about this trope-ridden story? How about it, but the MC is a lesbian?). Those who will want to adjust themselves to work with a game dev studio in multi-writer team are also on the lower end of the already abysmal quality there. Outside of them you will have gigantic problems finding people who's skill as a writer or an ability to deliver a finished script on time can be confirmed in any sort of objective manner.

This doesn't even touch the fact that you may pick up the most skilled and talented writer in the world but due to the particularities of a creative process you're not guaranteed good output, but again that's like me in 2016 writing anti-storyfaggot screeds all over this website and getting thrown into prosperland as a reward for telling the truth.

Parabalus

Arcane
The fights are easy if you're trying even a little bit. Especially since the good path has you likely to have killed the drider already.

You fight the drider at the end if you didnt kill him earlier? That's actually pretty cool. Hopefully the definitive edition cleans up the final act, it was basically my only issue with the game.

act1 = 10/10
act 2 = 8/10
act 3 = 3/10
That drider is nasty in Kethric's fight, goes first with >10 initiative and dropped 90 damage, then sanctuaries.

Reinhardt

Arcane
just uninstalled it. stopped playing around grymforge section few days ago and had zero desire to launch it again.
i guess nu larian games are not for me after all. did pretty much same in dos and didn't even bothered to install dos2.
combat and exploration are ok, but around level 5 game difficulty breaks and becomes too easy. and then you realize that despite exploration is gud 99% of the things you find are shit.
and story and companions are just painful to watch.
maybe will check in a few years if mods will fix it. maybe not.

VerSacrum

Educated
just uninstalled it. stopped playing around grymforge section few days ago and had zero desire to launch it again.
i guess nu larian games are not for me after all. did pretty much same in dos and didn't even bothered to install dos2.
combat and exploration are ok, but around level 5 game difficulty breaks and becomes too easy. and then you realize that despite exploration is gud 99% of the things you find are shit.
I found Grymforge a boring slog. Game picks up again in the aforementioned Discount-Yharnam that comes after, but at the end of that I got filtered for the time being as well.

BruceVC

Magister
Sounds like you prefer games that are more woke? Thats fine, just be honest and say " BG3 is not woke enough for me "

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sounds like you prefer games that are more woke? Thats fine, just be honest and say " BG3 is not woke enough for me "
meh attempt. you can do better, brucie.

Zayne

Scholar
What I really don't get is why on earth after 6 years of development and 3 years of early access Larian decided to cut all unfinished(but cool and important) stuff and release the game with buggy ending a month early?

Okay, if you're scared of Starfield - just postpone to december, you're self-published, you audience will troll you with cyberpunk.jpg, but ultimately understand.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What I really don't get is why on earth after 6 years of development and 3 years of early access Larian decided to cut all unfinished(but cool and important) stuff and release the game with buggy ending a month early?

Okay, if you're scared of Starfield - just postpone to december, you're self-published, you audience will troll you with cyberpunk.jpg, but ultimately understand.

Most of you assume the cut content was a last minute cut, could easily be stuff that got cut during normal development to keep scope under control (especially since the normal scope was already massive) or just for being not a good fit in the end.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I found Grymforge a boring slog. Game picks up again in the aforementioned Discount-Yharnam that comes after, but at the end of that I got filtered for the time being as well.
It's a bit late for you but if anyone else is bored of Grymforge you can just Misty Step/ enhanced jump to the bit directly before the forge from the area near the cave in, cuts down on faff time

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you choose a polearm mastery it gives you an opportunity attack when an enemy approaches you...

...it also gives enemies an opportunity attack whenever you approach them!

What the hell, how do you even end up with such? The code must be a complete gibberish.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
If you choose a polearm mastery it gives you an opportunity attack when an enemy approaches you...

...it also gives enemies an opportunity attack whenever you approach them!

What the hell, how do you even end up with such? The code must be a complete gibberish.

actually you can decide if enemy attacks you with opportunity attack just click no to reaction when u move closer to enemy
and yeah its obviously bug and annoying

volklore

Arcane
Speaking of AOO the game completely spazes out with invisible characters. Basically even if you have AOOs on ask, invisible characters can't actually AOO, the game lags for a few seconds and nothing happens.

Parabalus

Arcane
So for becoming unholy assassin you just get access to a shitty shop?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom