Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Rhobar121

Scholar
Screenshot_20230822-070058_Chrome.jpg
>execute a child for being my race
*for stealing a holy relic which doubles as a defense mechanism
Also, them's the "bad druids". There is a conspiracy among the druids you can resolve, and the "good druids" win.
How long have you been on codex? You should know that the morons who complain the most about games mostly don't play them.
This is true of both the far left and the far right.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
"Oh no! How dare people use slurs against my super special tiefling character! I demand to always be treated with respect both in game and in the real world!" LMAO! Part of the fun with TTRPG's is dealing with fantasy racism. No shit are people that are isolated from each other going to have their prejudices. What makes it fun, at least for me, is overcoming those prejudices and developing camaraderie with your party who are of all different races in order to accomplish a goal. Like Gimli and Legolas in Lord of the Rings. Respect is earned after all, not given. But we can't have that anymore. Fantasy worlds must reflect modern day Los Angles and everyone who isn't a straight white man is to be treated with kid gloves.

Also, that tweet has 21k likes. I hate social media.

Parabalus

Arcane
another problem I have with the ending choice

gay mindflayer just fucks off and sides with brain if you want to try kill it with alternative way, WHY
but at least this game showed never to trust mindflayer which was obvious already
he only does this if you had sex with him...

hahahaha ooooh shiiiiit

busted son
When is that gay mindflayer scene supposed to happen?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

gay mindflayer just fucks off and sides with brain if you want to try kill it with alternative way, WHY
but at least this game showed never to trust mindflayer which was obvious already

hahahaha ooooh shiiiiit

busted son

Early-mid chapter 3. It's a very strange scene even if you don't bang

Parabalus

Arcane

hahahaha ooooh shiiiiit

busted son

Never got it despite being pro illithid.

They might be checking your PC's gayness variables behind the scenes.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
It's a very strange scene even if you don't bang
For me, it happened right after I looted xir's former apartment, so it sort of felt okay. Reliving nostalgia, eeeeh when I used to be a living being with a body, those were the dayssss maaaaaan, and then we each go out ways. Should've been passing a beer bottle, and it would be right. Except, you know, illithid.
Honestly that guy should've remained in the guardian form and only kept showing his true self if the player asks.

Also, what's the verdict? Is xe the Balduran adventurer, or is he the illithid tadpole trying to humanize itself?

Most story progression happens at night in the camp. If you don't long rest ~10 times per chapter or something, you might not trigger some stuff.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

hahahaha ooooh shiiiiit

busted son

They might be checking your PC's gayness variables behind the scenes.

I sincerely doubt it, I'm female, haven't romanced anyone and I've antagonized that motherfucker every chance I got. The railroading at the end of Chap 2 was the game's most annoying part for me as a result, and another reason that scene was weird.

volklore

Arcane
Yea, let's just write good script lmao it's so easy why didnt Swen think about it, is he stupid?
Chris Avellone is available. It really is that easy.
Except it's not. Avellone's masterpiece is a commercial dud and only enjoyable and cherished in spite of the game being hot garbage to play.
What has MCA written recently that actually had good gameplay attached to it ?

volklore

Arcane
Most story progression happens at night in the camp. If you don't long rest ~10 times per chapter or something, you might not trigger some stuff.
I figured that out, and had several event-free rests before starting the finale.
everytime something of significance happens in the story I take 2-3 supply free rests. That's pretty much how to trigger everything without fucking it up. Durge also has more stuff going on incamp so it's really easy to skip shit.

Parabalus

Arcane
I figured that out, and had several event-free rests before starting the finale.
everytime something of significance happens in the story I take 2-3 supply free rests. That's pretty much how to trigger everything without fucking it up. Durge also has more stuff going on incamp so it's really easy to skip shit.
I did get all the Durge events, I just missed the most iconic BG3 one it seems.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
take back the hitler ratings please I am black I get to say it
Being a redguard doesn't excuse you from discriminating against the low level races. Our low level brothers and sisters have as much right to post in the thread as us.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom