Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Yeah, no. A terrible ending can sour the rest of the journey.
Neverwinter Nights 2 main campaign. Rocks fall, everyone dies LOL

NWN2 OC was a trainwreck from start to finish most people were soured by it WAY before the ending.
I liked the small town introduction, a real Call to Adventure.
I liked the characters and their banter.
The orcs thing dragged, but the trial made up for it.
I didn't care for the "kingdom management" part.
The "chosen one" narrative was blatant, but the entire plot was a very blatant genetic tabletop campaign. You could tell its purposefully done like that.
The regretful bad guy, and after him, the real bad guy, another old trope that fits the rest of the tropey setup.
And then, the ending. Doesn't fit at all, makes no sense, abrupt and once you are in, you can't opt out. Definitely the low point of the writing.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Clipboard01.jpg

Nice clipping, ASSHOLES

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The beginning of Act 3 soured me, and that's many hours before the end.
Which part soured it for you, exactly?
The performance was bleh, the few quests before the gate are meh. The introduction to the shapeshifters is cool. And in the city, a lot of the stuff is great: the Bhaal stuff, serial murders, Cazador's palace, Raphael's Mansion, the wizard tower, are all very good. Raphael's boss fight and theme music is the height of the game.

Lodis

Educated
In regards to the leaks I found Minthara pregnancy shit to be the most interesting, I wonder if they'll put that back in or if that got cut for good. It's pretty funny that there are two separate flags though, one where the kid is yours and one where it isn't which I assume is the lesbian version of the romance.

Latro

Arcane
Why not just hire a real writing team
Oh yeah the mythical good writers that exist somewhere. I've been 5 steps ahead of you years ago when I've started my anti-storyfaggot genocide crusade.

Typical writer who's out there on the job market has a literature degree of some kind. What kind of stuff is he being taught there you can figure out yourself. Typical recent, new published author, and that includes genre fiction is a woman in her late 20's to early 30's writing ultra woke slop(did you know about this trope-ridden story? How about it, but the MC is a lesbian?). Those who will want to adjust themselves to work with a game dev studio in multi-writer team are also on the lower end of the already abysmal quality there. Outside of them you will have gigantic problems finding people who's skill as a writer or an ability to deliver a finished script on time can be confirmed in any sort of objective manner.

This doesn't even touch the fact that you may pick up the most skilled and talented writer in the world but due to the particularities of a creative process you're not guaranteed good output, but again that's like me in 2016 writing anti-storyfaggot screeds all over this website and getting thrown into prosperland as a reward for telling the truth.
*the blade feels cool as it pierces ur flesh. There is no pain, only the need to sneed…sneed…and feed…

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
In regards to the leaks I found Minthara pregnancy shit to be the most interesting, I wonder if they'll put that back in or if that got cut for good. It's pretty funny that there are two separate flags though, one where the kid is yours and one where it isn't which I assume is the lesbian version of the romance.
Most of the cut content looks interesting, especially the missing high-town area (don't care about Avernus). I really hope that Larian also makes a 'definitive edition' for BG3 with most of the known cut content restored. I personally think the current game is really good, but the cut corners are very noticeable.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I hope Wizard smells money and pushes Larian to make a GOOD dungeon creator set, so we can have custom modules.
The player profile save system already has folders for different campaigns stories, whatever that means.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I hope Wizard smells money and pushes Larian to make a GOOD dungeon creator set, so we can have custom modules.
The player profile save system already has folders for different campaigns stories, whatever that means.
I'll also bet you 20 Codex potato's that WoTC is paying a lot of attention to BG3's success, compared to the failed movie attempt, and will look to add single-player/non-dm mode to their D&D online tabletop tools.

Oberon

Learned
Most of the cut content looks interesting, especially the missing high-town area (don't care about Avernus). I really hope that Larian also makes a 'definitive edition' for BG3 with most of the known cut content restored. I personally think the current game is really good, but the cut corners are very noticeable.
I just want to know if the reason they cut the Minthara storyline is due to woke infiltraters or not :negative::negative::negative:

dbx

Arcane
Patron
13) Epilogues - Full epilogue cutscenes have been datamined that varied greatly depending on your choices. These were the "17K ending variations" that Larian told us about, yet they are completely absent in the final game leading only to a fade to black scene at the end of the game.

Wait, is this true? WTF?

Even the trannyfinder games had nice epilogues and Larian's ULTRA GOTY BEST RPG EVAH gives you a fade to black scene at endgame?

I imagine this post is either exagerated, poorly written or both - and that you actually get some kind of ending/epilogue for the companions and decisions you made along the way. Right?

:negative:
No, there's literally nothing. Just a short cutscene after the last battle and a short cutscene after credits

volklore

Arcane
So a great first act, and good second act and a messy rushed out third act in a big city ? Sounds like larian alright.

Parabalus

Arcane
13) Epilogues - Full epilogue cutscenes have been datamined that varied greatly depending on your choices. These were the "17K ending variations" that Larian told us about, yet they are completely absent in the final game leading only to a fade to black scene at the end of the game.

Wait, is this true? WTF?

Even the trannyfinder games had nice epilogues and Larian's ULTRA GOTY BEST RPG EVAH gives you a fade to black scene at endgame?

I imagine this post is either exagerated, poorly written or both - and that you actually get some kind of ending/epilogue for the companions and decisions you made along the way. Right?

:negative:
No, there's literally nothing. Just a short cutscene after the last battle and a short cutscene after credits
Depending on the ending you won't even get the after credits one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom