Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

MerchantKing

Learned
Literally the first person you might speak with in the city:

XYBP4Ow.jpg

Of course they do this to troll normal people, and for no other reason. My guess is they held on until Act 3 to go into full force because they knew by then it would far too late for negative feedback to reach the surface in forums.

In Act 2 they were two gay gnomes.
Act 1, Halsin has a note saying that he's a faggot.

skaraher

Prophet

XYBP4Ow.jpg

Of course they do this to troll normal people, and for no other reason. My guess is they held on until Act 3 to go into full force because they knew by then it would far too late for negative feedback to reach the surface in forums.

Tyranny from Obsidian had a retarded plot where a woman killed her lesbian wife because she somehow was the heir of the entire town's ownership, and that's somehow how inheritance law work in a Bronze age dark fantasy world.

And Pathfinder : WOTR has gay marriage in a world with crusades against real demons.

Robber Baron

Savant
The only really offensive shit so far was the angel and priest lesbian couple, 100% raw cringe from start to finish and you have to endure them if you're doing the good route

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

XYBP4Ow.jpg

832.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane
I play with a Ryzen 7 5800x and a RTX 3080ti and the drop in performances in Act 3 is immediately noticeable.
I went from playing at 130-160 fps to struggling to stay above the 50 fps in the lower city.
This might be a dumb question, but do you guys have some tool for FPS counting always on in the background?
You can easily view them directly within the Steam settings. Head to the "In-Game" tab and you'll find the FPS counter option there.The game starts at a smooth 144 FPS on extreme settings. However, as you progress through Act 3, particularly during the courtyard battle (which you'll recognize when you encounter it), the frame rate drops significantly to around 30 FPS.

MerchantKing

Learned

XYBP4Ow.jpg

Tyranny from Obsidian had a retarded plot where a woman killed her lesbian wife because she somehow was the heir of the entire town's ownership, and that's somehow how inheritance law work in a Bronze age dark fantasy world.

And Pathfinder : WOTR has gay marriage in a world with crusades against real demons.
And then there's the bisexual orc cuck with his bisexual girlfriend in Kingmaker.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The only really offensive shit so far was the angel and priest lesbian couple, 100% raw cringe from start to finish and you have to endure them if you're doing the good route
There is worse than that. The aasimar is pretty much on point as an aasimar character, as I've noted previously.

Be Kind Rewind

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Seems that the brown special needs "people" in the shill cringe division have started to falter even here in their copium den, maybe they're having post-nut clarity over the cavalcade of faggy shit they've been jerking themselves blind too finally came to them, or they saw the unfinished third act, perhaps Larian turned off the shill funding tap and we can expect the obnoxious account that got made just to shill BG3 and its politics will become inactive soon. Only Braunken Von Schwarzkopf and the spelling bee champion tranny is left.
"This inn is as cleen as an elven arse" Bg1
Yes, we all know, I actually specifically came here to say that Dragon Age is just as dogshit and Larian cribbed a lot of their cringe and politics from that series. Notice however that asses were clean in BG1, it's only after the Blackrock dildo had been launched that it turns into a literal shitty mess in BG3. Baldur's Gate was never good, Dragon Age was trash, somehow BG3 has managed to sink even lower. You can climb back onto your dilation station now, turktranny.
So... has Larian finally saved gaming or what?
This is my honest reaction.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Kingmaker is surprisingly un-woke for the most part. The orc cuck writer ended up as one the main character writers for WOTR though, he's a self proclaimed brony and did his college thesis on anime. :smug:
It happened because they had no more money and time. I guess you didn't read the interview where they admitted they wanted to put in the whole tranny dwarf quest. As I've said many times, the only thing holding Owlcat back is lack of money.
I can't wait for them to release their Russian ME.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One of the reasons why we trimmed the epilogue is because we were afraid the ending cinematics were becoming too long and would detract from the epicness of the experience. But clearly, not everyone agrees with us! So we’re going to do something about it.

Lol. "So we removed everything". Not sure how they define EPICNESS, but I think part of the epicness is to have a proper epilogue matching the mastodon length of the game.

Barbarian

Arcane
Blizzard level PR.

"Guys we had this 15 minute epilogue we were pumping on the press two weeks before release, but we decided to cut it because it was too epic and you would not enjoy it."

Self-Ejected
Blizzard level PR.

"Guys we had this 15 minute epilogue we were pumping on the press two weeks before release, but we decided to cut it because it was too epic and you would not enjoy it."
Larian sometimes has odd takes on things as much i love bg3 there are things they did i dont support.
For instance missing the Ready action and the Dodge reaction and switch some Actions such a shove as secondary action. It will probably all be fixed but is not the first tine Larian has to slam the face on a wall before doing changes.

perfectslumbers

Arbiter
If this really is what they intended and planned long before release then it's pretty sad. The game feels so unfinished that the entire community was huffing "last minute cut content," copium but I guess that's not the case

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom