Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Shaki

Arbiter
Poor guy lol.
It was an interesting interview, for an interview with a writer, which rarely turn out very interesting for players. It had some reveals about Minthara though.
Poor guy because he had to talk to two women. That sure is a nightmarish thought around here.
Majority of western women are not women anymore, they're inhuman, warped creatures, destroyed by the leftist ideology.

I love women, I have a wife and 2 daughters - but they have nothing in common with the creatures you can see in this video, other than also being born with a vagina.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
People are complaining about soundtrack?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I find it inoffensive. Chill tracks are pretty nice. Nothing memorable though.
From recent RPGs I only remember some pathfinder music.
Some of it was *strongly* BG inspired, but it's a good inspiration to have.

Sunri

Liturgist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you complete house of hope already? there are memorable tracks for sure mein neger

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
Poor guy lol.
It was an interesting interview, for an interview with a writer, which rarely turn out very interesting for players. It had some reveals about Minthara though.
Poor guy because he had to talk to two women. That sure is a nightmarish thought around here.
Majority of western women are not women anymore, they're inhuman, warped creatures, destroyed by the leftist ideology.

I love women, I have a wife and 2 daughters - but they have nothing in common with the creatures you can see in this video, other than also being born with a vagina.

I'm happy for you and your family and I hope you will raise your dautghers the right way.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Minthara is definitely not a fully developed party member. Her character is pulled in two different directions, almost certainly like two very different people wrote her. I'd like to reflect more on this before giving my take, but my initial impression is her character was given no clear direction on who she is or what she wants. In the game, she exists as a strong drow female, but when dominated, rescued, and subservient to a dominant male, her character collapses into nonsense. She will approve of the MC acting in terms of gathering power unto himself and disapprove of the MC empowering others. But she'll disapprove of your character killing for killing's sake and such. My issue is her character appears schizophrenic in terms of real gameplay. Of course, this may be my own perspective, but you save her literal mind from oblivion. Your character is her savior. To me, as long as your character demonstrates strength, competence, or confidence, she should be on board in every sense. Otherwise, she faces death.
It's almost like the companions in this game are shit. Except maybe Shadowheart.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you complete house of hope already? there are memorable tracks for sure mein neger
Nope. Screwing around lower city. At much slower pace now.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banal shit boring soundtrack I think even divinity 2 had more memorable tracks even though I didnt like that gayme either.

Elthosian

Arcane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banal shit boring soundtrack I think even divinity 2 had more memorable tracks even though I didnt like that game either.
Nah bro, it's definitely worse than DOS1 but the DOS2 soundtrack was laughably bland compared to this.

Unless you mean the actual Divinity 2 in which case go ahead good sir.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Minthara is definitely not a fully developed party member. Her character is pulled in two different directions, almost certainly like two very different people wrote her. I'd like to reflect more on this before giving my take, but my initial impression is her character was given no clear direction on who she is or what she wants. In the game, she exists as a strong drow female, but when dominated, rescued, and subservient to a dominant male, her character collapses into nonsense. She will approve of the MC acting in terms of gathering power unto himself and disapprove of the MC empowering others. But she'll disapprove of your character killing for killing's sake and such. My issue is her character appears schizophrenic in terms of real gameplay. Of course, this may be my own perspective, but you save her literal mind from oblivion. Your character is her savior. To me, as long as your character demonstrates strength, competence, or confidence, she should be on board in every sense. Otherwise, she faces death.
It's almost like the companions in this game are shit. Except maybe Shadowheart.
she's closest to normal person in that clown show. so no wonder people create normal man and romance normal woman.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Banal shit boring soundtrack I think even divinity 2 had more memorable tracks even though I didnt like that game either.
Nah bro, it's definitely worse than DOS1 but the DOS2 soundtrack was laughably bland compared to this.

Niggas please I can still remember some tracks from Dos2 I cant name one single track from tranny gates 3.

Shaki

Arbiter
she's closest to normal person in that clown show. so no wonder people create normal man and romance normal woman.

"Normal woman"

Apparently she's the only female romance option that is willing to fuck the bear and literally everything else. Surprisingly, the most "normal" and traditional romance in the long run, is probably the fucking frog bitch.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
She is only real support companion, rest of them is more combat focused. She is mechanicaly pointless only when you playing as a support cleric.
I am playing a support cleric.
That is the dwarven style front line support - heavy armor, heavier hammer and "my face is my shield" attitude.
And those strong is faith need not think coz thinking only lead one to doubts.
So I let SH do this thinking thing for me as the lore bard.
I had to rearrange her stats a bit, but I still let her keep her first level of cleric, so she can pretend to be the little cute goth choir girl scout that she is.

You also could rearrange her on different kind of cleric. Her default class has only sense in story, but she would be a great buffer for war-like cleric.

Elthosian

Arcane

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Niggas please I can still remember some tracks from Dos2 I cant name one single track from tranny gates 3.

Eh I find them all unremarkable, both had some themes that grew on me but that’s it.

Definitely not going to put much time discussing which of these two mediocre soundtracks is better. But I have to thank you because this conversation convinced me to play Furi once again :shittydog:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath

"Normal woman"

Apparently she's the only female romance option that is willing to fuck the bear and literally everything else. Surprisingly, the most "normal" and traditional romance in the long run, is probably the fucking frog bitch.

Another thing, Shadowhearts only friend when she was being trained to be a cleric is a tranny that she used to fuck. Shadowheart is literally garbage extremely inconsistent and nonsensical character.

Reinhardt

Arcane

"Normal woman"

wait, so "drow twins whores" are man and woman? and codexers pay for sex with them? oh, wait, actually i'm not surprised...

Shaki

Arbiter
Eh I find them all unremarkable, both had some themes that grew on me but that’s it.

Definitely not going to put much time discussing which of these two mediocre soundtracks is better. But I have to thank you because this conversation convinced me to play Furi once again :shittydog:
Yeah they're all shit, like 99% of the gaming music. From 30+ years of gaming, only thing that I can remember is BG2 theme, literally nothing else

Elthosian

Arcane

Yeah they're all shit, like 99% of the gaming music. From 30+ years of gaming, only thing that I can remember is BG2 theme, literally nothing else

Try Furi friend, music and gameplay connect pretty well and it’s a very decent boss rush game.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The BG3 soundtrack is probably one of my favourites, maybe it's not Divine Divinity (RIP Kirill) but I still like it a lot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom