Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 rumoured to be in development

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
wasn't sawyer working on a black hound/bg3 mod for nwn2? what happened to that?

denizsi

Arcane
The Feral Kid said:
You won't be hearing any new announcements from Obshitian any time soon, except, hopefully, the one of their dissolution.

I hate Obsidian apologists but come on, don't be that guy.

Despite being a consolized shit, Alpha Protocol is a decent game and it's a fresh IP. Nobody has raped any licenses to make it happen. It has been obvious from the very start that AP would be Obsidian's attempt to break into the console market ala ME series to be able to stay in business and other than that, they still managed to deliver MOTB, if Codexers are to be believed that it's that good. What could be more pointlessly juvenile than wishing for their dissolution?

SuicideBunny said:
wasn't sawyer working on a black hound/bg3 mod for nwn2? what happened to that?

He called it quits. He said so somewhere, maybe in an interview, maybe in a blog or a forum post.

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Konjad said:
SerratedBiz said:
Baldur%27s_Gate_Dark_Alliance.jpg

Never forget.

I bought it :(

Me too, and I loved it. Great console ARPG. Not deep, but fun never the less.

OT: I'd guess the rumors and speculations discussed in the 2008 portion of this thread were actually about DA:O, which after all was supposed to be a 'spiritual successor' to BG.

BG III? What's the point? Dating simulations have already reached their nadir with EA's The Sims. What can anyone add to it? Date rape? My greatest regret in life is that I lived long enough to see CRPGs defined as choosing-who-you-fuck-because-you're-such-a-sad-wanker-it's-never-going-to-happen-in-real-life. Not that Codex story-whores-I-fellate-anything-to-do-with-Blackisle-and-real-roleplaying-is-choosing-from-a-response-in-a-list don't share the blame. Cunts. If only everyone spawned before 1979 was strangled at birth. I could be playing actual REAL CRPGs now where stats and character development matter. CRPGs that don't require DOSBox to run. Thanks alot you pretentious born in the 80s and 90s fags. Take your dialogue trees a shove them where the sun don't shine.

Anyway, what was this news post about again?

The Feral Kid

Prophet
From an alternative future where eugenics were applied and everyone born before 1979 was strangled.

Rhalle

Magister
Even if BGIII was being made, I wouldn't want to play it.

Itz not coming; itz here already: for RPGs there will be nothing but total consoltardation and the rape of old franchises.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I think since we're talking about Atari here, the only logical conclusion would be Crypric Studios (owned by Atari), turning BG into a MMO. Either that, or it's a console shitfest from Snowblind Studios (Dark Allliance).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Who cares. Either way it won't be role-playing game, most probably won't be even good game.

Baldur's Gate has ended. Now it's just
other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom