Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance series released on PC

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GOOD LORDY IS SHE HORNY!!
I don't know. But now I am.

I actually played this game on the console when it came out. I remember her boob physics being pretty awesome. I think this was the game where you got to play as Drizzt once you completed it, and he had a non-canon cone of cold spell or something. You might even have got to play as Artemis Entreri, but I can't remember and might be getting mixed up with Demon Stone - for Artemis.

Lemming42

Arcane
Playing this now and loving it. I'm the Elven Sorceress and the first act was tough going, ass handed to me every other room. Started Act 2 and bought the Mithril Scimitar and unlocked Ball Lightning and now it's game fucking over for my enemies.

Not generally a big fan of ARPGs but this is big fun. Seems like there's a bit of depth going on too, like blunt weapons appeared to do a lot more damage to undead than slashing weapons did. Melee combat feels ultra-meaty and impactful too. I see that in the sequel you can be a Drow monk, which is a combination of pretty much the only two things I actually like in Forgotten Realms, so that's gonna be ace.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Playing this now and loving it. I'm the Elven Sorceress and the first act was tough going, ass handed to me every other room. Started Act 2 and bought the Mithril Scimitar and unlocked Ball Lightning and now it's game fucking over for my enemies.

Not generally a big fan of ARPGs but this is big fun. Seems like there's a bit of depth going on too, like blunt weapons appeared to do a lot more damage to undead than slashing weapons did. Melee combat feels ultra-meaty and impactful too. I see that in the sequel you can be a Drow monk, which is a combination of pretty much the only two things I actually like in Forgotten Realms, so that's gonna be ace.
I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on both of them for nostalgia purposes. Just wish they were discounted more.

goregasm

Scholar
Yeah, played these back in the early 2000s on the og xbox. Not a big fan of the Diablo style of games but I do remember enjoying these, first one more than the second.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
shame Champions of Norrath games are forever trapped on PS2

I still have both copies and a PS2 that's hooked up to my tv, so come on over and we'll play.
I, too have both games, but my PS2 is packed away somewhere in the deepest parts of hell my basement. I also have both Dark Alliance games.

If the second Dark Alliance came with online co-op, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. On one hand, rape of the IP, on the other hand, so much fun playing with my brother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom