Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - supernatural action-RPG set in colonial America from Dontnod

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I don't have high hopes but this might be ok.

Last edited by a moderator:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Preview available on techradar

Like Vampyr, there is also a sizable skill tree to work your way through, in addition to the expected array of improved weapons, armor, or other gear you unlock through story progression or by finding the many hidden chests throughout your travels. It’s not a groundbreaking formula by any means, but all of our combat encounters felt suitably smooth and provided a refreshing change of pace between heavier story moments, if nothing else.

GBpbVYAWUAAWtVF

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
After Vampyr, I don't trust these guys to do a fun role playing game, or do fun action combat.

Lemming42

Arcane
Vampyr was a huge stack of ass. I dunno, I guess this might be worth a try if it's very cheap (or just pirated). Looks nice visually at least.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Goyslop or not, Vampyr's story was actually decent (saved by the ending) and the combat was simple but fluid. In fact a couple of boss fights were actually between mediocre and good.

Also I remember that the codex was quite positive about the game on release probably because there were so few decent arpgs in 2018.

Vampyr is not a great game but it's not complete shit either. It can be fun within a specific range of expectations.

Anyway, now it seems that retardation rules supreme therefore it's cool to shit on the game for brownie points.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Old gameplay video. The GreedFall's fanbois should get an erection.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Goyslop or not, Vampyr's story was actually decent (saved by the ending) and the combat was simple but fluid. In fact a couple of boss fights were actually between mediocre and good.

Also I remember that the codex was quite positive about the game on release probably because there were so few decent arpgs in 2018.

Vampyr is not a great game but it's not complete shit either. It can be fun within a specific range of expectations.

Anyway, now it seems that retardation rules supreme therefore it's cool to shit on the game for brownie points.
I tried to like it, to be honest. I gave it a fair 7-8 hours, but I wasn't feeling it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I tried to like it, to be honest. I gave it a fair 7-8 hours, but I wasn't feeling it.
Fair enough.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I found the clip which will definetly sell the game to the codex.

Buy the game or you are racists! :smug:

edit:

Shahara Hasan (played by Amaka Okafor), is a Muslim woman who wears the hijab, and without a doubt, her character is the Muslim representation I've been waiting to see on screen.

is-longharvest-lane-a-real-place-bodies-netflix-6526ac207303e.jpg

edit 2: she has all the qualities of an entitled cunt. who is brave enough to miss her performance?? :)

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Oh hey look, garbage Ubisoft UI again. Is there like a school where UX peeps go to design this trash or is there an AI that churns these out?

My UI is bad but at least it's not cookie cutter.

1707522420570.png

Muh item rarities so we can fucking chisel our playerbase. Also super cool % shit on everything!

1707522562655.png

At least it has stats so it's already more of an RPG than VtMB2:

1707522595310.png

goregasm

Scholar
This whole time reading this I was confusing this dev with the one that did Outward and was generally confused why they would make such a fudge packed game.

Then I looked at this devs game list. It makes sense. It's going to be shit, move on.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. It's bland shit.

The cretins released it one day sooner than expected. Steam: 60% positive rating atm.

edit: it's not like the release date matters in this case but still. they said 13th of february

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
he is slurping dontnod's dick

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom