Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - supernatural action-RPG set in colonial America from Dontnod

Kem0sabe

Arcane
he is slurping dontnod's dick

I have up on listening to his podcast because of how fucking retarded he is. He constantly calls shit by the wrong names and makes things up on the fly.

Anyways, this is the latest game the developer best known for its lesbian and emigrant with superpowers walking simulators...

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The game starts from the beginning with white characters making snarky comments about the sheboon but her brave companion will tell them off by calling her the boss, he's just a lousy apprentice. The ''couple'' also talk about tolerance and other lefty crap. The combat is also much worse than Vampyr which is quite an achievement.

All this shit happens in the first 15 minutes, insta deleted.

So you should thank me for pirating this pile of shit for you bastards.

cpmartins

Cipher
The game starts from the beginning with white characters making snarky comments about the sheboon but her brave companion will tell them off by calling her the boss, he's just a lousy apprentice. The ''couple'' also talk about tolerance and other lefty crap. The combat is also much worse than Vampyr which is quite an achievement.

Gonna be honest, the ugly bint front and center had already put me off this product. I just don't like how black women look.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Gonna be honest, the ugly bint front and center had already put me off this product. I just don't like how black women look.

It is funny because I liked Vampyr for all its faults. But str0nk black wahmen protagonist, again? I'm exhausted. So whereas I may have bought this I cannot do anything except pirate this. Not giving my money to people that hate me.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I played this over the weekend and probably nearing the end. It is a "current year" game on all fronts.

-"open" world ""RPG"" with """exploration""" gameplay. Most of the maps are on rail corridors and every secret spot is marked by modern yellow paint so you have to be blind to miss them. most thing got marked on map any way.
-Thanks to Batman Arkham Asylum, every open world game has places and stuff you can see but can't touch from the start. See this magical thingy? You can't able to get it till you find a rifle, oh you find a rifle? You also need a magic first to open the way and etc.
-Banishers are considered alchemist but game has zero alchemy/crafting. I don't like crafting in this kind of games but not having alchemy in this one is kinda silly.
-Combat is the worse offender. It is better than Fampyr but still shite and there are lots of it. Match it with low number of enemy variety and respawning stuff you'll got bored pretty quick. At least you can powerful really early with doing side stuff so I brute forced the combat encounters.
-Skills wise game is OK. Double teaming up in combat can end up in some fun combos but those are wasted on this game sadly.
- Our main character Red is a good guy and nice to """""roleplay""""" with. But his partner and lover, the strong, independent woman is really unbearable. She starts like that and become worse as the game progress. She dies at games prlogue and haunts us, literally. She becames an unlikable ghost quickly, I suspect the developers made it knowingly, to make the ultimate moral choice a bit more harder. At least she is not really the protagonist and Red takes the wheel quickly.
- Banishings, the games main point looks good on paper but falls short too. There are some really good cases but it is not possible to fail them, you cannot progress without finding all the evidence and game holds your hand on every step of it, killing the investigation mood completely. All you can do to choose the fate of the people at the end. Nothing we do or say matters while investigating matters in anyway. We just suffer the consequences, illogical ones most of the time. Playing the game as a selfish bastard is much more rewarding, who could've knew...

While everything seems negative I kinda enjoyed my time with it... Colonial setting is cool and with all the supernatural mood it becomes better. Game looks good most of the time and they used sound and music good which bosst atmosphere a lot. There are lots of occult stuff going on, everbody on colonies are unlikable but normal human sons of bitches and act according to that time. Game does overstays welcome a bit if you try to all stuff but doing just the side quests is enough experience. You can try this one if you liked Vampyr.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom