Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Batman: Arkham Knight

All said this has given me some respect for Steam. I had my purchase refunded within 2 hours of the request (middle of the night in Kwa). Granted this is a pretty massive debacle and I'm sure Valve is in some ways excited to milk some good PR about the new refund policy, but, (gulp, I never thought I'd say this) they have a right to. It's a good policy that protects consumers, and encourages purchases. I'm sure WB isn't too happy about it at the moment; I can't help but wonder how many sales they're losing through refunds.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
All said this has given me some respect for Steam. I had my purchase refunded within 2 hours of the request (middle of the night in Kwa). Granted this is a pretty massive debacle and I'm sure Valve is in some ways excited to milk some good PR about the new refund policy, but, (gulp, I never thought I'd say this) they have a right to. It's a good policy that protects consumers, and encourages purchases. I'm sure WB isn't too happy about it at the moment; I can't help but wonder how many sales they're losing through refunds.
Oh geez stop being so kneejerk. Wait a week and and then get a refund. It's like you've never played a PC game before. Games have been launch patch day galore for many games. I mean I will grant you that if you they fix things within 2 weeks then fuck it and get a refund.

Israfael

Arcane
WB Montreal for this crap, Splash Damage (ETQW developers) for Origins and previous ones, it seems.
Screw me, Splash only did networking code part.

KitGuru said:
As far as we know, the previous Arkham titles from Rocksteady were actually developed by Rocksteady for the PC. Unfortunately though, this time things went quite wrong and its the PC gamers that are suffering for it.
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/devel...t-pc-port-was-outsourced-to-a-console-studio/

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
WB Montreal for this crap, Splash Damage (ETQW developers) for Origins and previous ones, it seems.
Screw me, Splash only did networking code part.

KitGuru said:
As far as we know, the previous Arkham titles from Rocksteady were actually developed by Rocksteady for the PC. Unfortunately though, this time things went quite wrong and its the PC gamers that are suffering for it.
http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/devel...t-pc-port-was-outsourced-to-a-console-studio/
That sucks. And it makes sense. Rocksteady does good work. This was a bad decision.

Oh geez stop being so kneejerk. Wait a week and and then get a refund. It's like you've never played a PC game before. Games have been launch patch day galore for many games. I mean I will grant you that if you they fix things within 2 weeks then fuck it and get a refund.

Yeah, but I can always buy it again, and mass refunds is going to make a publisher take note that someone somewhere fucked up (doubtful they'll take responsibility themselves).

Also this was literally the first-time in a decade I've paid more than $30 for a game (not including KS). I fully admit that I got caught up in the hype. I think that you're probably right that the game will be patched ASAP, but finding the game in a broken state was enough to break the hype-hold it had on me. I'll almost certainly pick it back up during a sale in the next year or two.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Yeah, but I can always buy it again, and mass refunds is going to make a publisher take note that someone somewhere fucked up (doubtful they'll take responsibility themselves).

Also this was literally the first-time in a decade I've paid more than $30 for a game (not including KS). I fully admit that I got caught up in the hype. I think that you're probably right that the game will be patched ASAP, but finding the game in a broken state was enough to break the hype-hold it had on me. I'll almost certainly pick it back up during a sale in the next year or two.
Yeah, see, your fault for not getting it with 40% off. Anyways I'm just saying wait a week or so. If after that it's still fucked up then go ahead and refund. Well that's what I would do.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
BTW the way they're doing it is retarded (Going into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham Knight\BMGame\Config) That's the default files and probably will be overwritten by patches or verification. Most likely go into Users/Documents or whatever and find your own settings.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Watching it on stream right now. Framerate seems fine, but I dunno the streamers rig or what he has turned off.

Car sequences look dumb. And Batman is hallucinating Joker doing a boring monologue every 5 minutes.

:hmmm:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Yeah. And he never shuts up. There's been more jokers per minute in this stream than in the two previous games.

Israfael

Arcane
I installed it on an almost full hard drive and it works very badly - it's okay in benchmark (39/110/89 fps), but it's unplayable in the game - it stutters on every grapple, stutters in the movies and is generally unplayable. Havent tried newest Ati driver yet, but i suspect it wont fix anything. I guess lazy developers don't know what caching is.

Israfael

Arcane

Mega textures, i had to quit the game as the batmobile race was stuttering even after i moved game to SSD.

Upd: Installing new AMD driver helped, now it doesnt stutter, although when i tried to disable this annoying smearing effect the projected textures (like screen on the Pip-bat and humans in bat-vision) stopped working :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good news this will hit 75% off a lot sooner than originally anticipated!

Chamezero

de87bd2e99.jpg

RIP

Deleted member 7219

The Batmobile is so unbelievably shit. Shittiest thing I've ever seen in a video game. Fucking turret section gets thrown at you 30 minutes in and you can't skip it. Missile barrage lvl 2 ahdghgfwrhgw

i wonder if its running fine because i installed it on the ssd

Yup.

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knights-launch-appears-to-be-a-disaster/

As for other potential fixes and tweaks, people who have installed the game to SSD's are apparently getting better performance. And, for those fed up of the long, unskippable opening splash screens, adding "–nologo" to "Set Launch Options" in the Steam Library properties menu will get rid of them.

Want to hear a joke?

Batman: Arkham Knight

Fozzie_Bear_Icon.jpg

The port was outsourced to this studio;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Galaxy_Studios

Hey wait, they were the ones who made Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2! The fuck you guys?!

Divinity: Original Sin
Well, I was preloading this since yesterday. Today, arriving from work, I found it was 99% downloaded. Had to reiniciate my PC, when I enter steam again, the game starts downloading from start...

Well, fuck it. I'll try it tomorrow, and if it's really bad, I'll ask for a refund.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom