Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

tindrli

Arcane
Unhold loot is some of the best because of unhold hide. Heavy doggo armor is beast, and you should craft the larger ammo stacks for every ranged bro you get. In the very early game having a heavy armor doggo is almost like having a 13th bro(he becomes much weaker against stronger opponents than thugs and spiders though).

Got my first fight with schrats. Two of them, in the woods. I can see why people are complaining, being that I had to reload a few times to figure out a strategy to beat them. Tough beasts. Destroy shields, surround and kill as quickly as possible seems to be the only real possible strategy. Their attacks are really damaging and with the shields on it would take forever to get them down. Saplings are a minor nuisance in comparison.

After the fight I got an event where I won a battle axe from one of the schrat corpses. Pretty sweet reward, at the point of the game I'm at currently(before war crisis) it is a rare and expensive weapon.

so in a party of 12 bros 3 2H axes would be mandatory and at least one bro with poleaxe.
i wonder in mid game what weapons do you people use ? until now i was more rolplay with every front liner having different weapon but sadly its not working. 1H arming sword is simply not dooing enough, Flail Barely and not in every situation, Handaxe same as a 1h arming. Spears tend to hit more but 90% they damage is negligible, Cleavers are, i dont know.. i do love berserk chain.. if he hits its devastating for most. those are mine bros at Day 87, back row 2 bows and 2 crossbows
ipCv3TR.png

And another question.. now with alps and Hexes i mostly invest in Resolve Melee or ranged and Fatigue completely ignoring Mdef and Rdef.. what are you do ?

Last edited:

hivemind

At day 100:

Front varies but all have shields, I have one dude with fencing sword most of the time because I just like the aesthetic of dashing around, and one dude with three headed flail(he is gonna get the fearful trait - I hope that works together - soon if I dont ditch this save which I might) rest I change around per encounter, usually either lots of flails, lots of hammers and some cleaver or lots of swords

backrow: bow, pike, pike(standard), pike, xbow

my (unfinished) idea for a new run

front: mace, axe, cleaver, cleaver, axe, mace, sword
back: ______bow, bow, standard, bow, bow

kirin

Learned
Any opinions on beginner economy vs vet economy vs expert economy? Is expert just too grindy? Beginner too generous?

Barbarian

Arcane
I personally only use flails and spears at early game. Flail has some later uses against opponents without helmet, but still I tend not to use it. Spearwall is good against beasts but at some point you will simply not really need it.

I'm partial to one-handed swords, maces and axes + shields. I also put two greatswords on the flanks. Some of my nimble builds have dagger mastery(3 attacks per round) + overwhelm, it works great for ganging up on stronger but outnumbered oppnents - but it is situational at best. Backline has pikes, bills, crossbows and bows. Heavy xbow with crippling strikes + executioner is pretty wrecking against orc warriors and hedge knights.

Any opinions on beginner economy vs vet economy vs expert economy? Is expert just too grindy? Beginner too generous?

Use veteran. Expert is a bore and beginner borders on cheating for those that know the game mechanics(you will hve infinite money in no time).

Vilain Joueur

Novice
Guys - not everything has to be viable.

Don't go crazy with 'Balance', that leads to unsatisfying combat/builds - like in PoE. We have new builds with the changed (and improved) 'Nimble' perk. That's fine, but it's also already pushing the 'realism' BB profits so much from.

And the Sallet is the absolute best helmet for anyone using a bow, 120 armor for 5 fatigue instead of 90 for 4 from that closed mail thing. It's absolutely worth it. But the 'Light Heavyweight' armors could get a discount, yes, because right now it's 'Armor you get from fights -> buy inforced Mail Hauberk + reinforcement -> buy Coat of Plates + reinforcement'. Spending 6k for something in between isn't worth it.
Well, the Sallet may have worked with the old Nimble. But now you don't want anything more than a Cowl or a Necromancer's/Witchhunter's Hat for your Archers. So why spend 1.5k Crowns when you can do better with 30?
I think it's a shame if some options end up being not viable. The players who know they aren't are left with a feeling of disappointment and missed opportunity. The others have more difficulty with the game not knowing what they did wrong. Of course, it's fine playing without maximum efficiency in mind but I believe it should be the players' choice not the consequence of design itself (I'm thinking challenges and house rules).

As for Try Out, I just don't see the point. There are truly only a very few bad Perks to avoid. Asmathic, Timid and Craven. You can usually work out with bad Perks like Superstitious, Fragile or even Dastard (which can also be removed by event). So, it's quite rare to actually get very crippling Traits. Now, have you ever seen an Asthmatic Hedge Knight or a Timid Sellsword? So, for cheap recruits Try Out is just not worth it and for expensive recruits it just shows you what kind of neutral or positive Traits you get. In either case, I don't see why I would spend Crowns on it. I just hire to see Attributes scores and Talents.

I don't know what the best enhancement for my nimble archers is yet.

The Wolfpelt for +15 armor (and -5 Resolve for enemies in melee range)
The Bone Plating, wich negates the first hit, or
This thing above.

I guess the fur padding is great vs crossbows, wich seem to be the greatest danger for your ArchBros.
I like Bone Plating because my Archers rarely get hit. Fur Padding is great in general for characters with low HP and indeed against weapons with high armor ignoring damage.

Barbarian

Arcane
also I think I'm changing my mind on weapon mastery,

The 25% fatigue savings are the real reason why you must take mastery. In the transition to mid-game you will already begin to see longer battles where your bros carrying heavy equipment and doing shieldwall will get exhausted and only have one action per round. That is something to be avoided.

The other bonuses from the mastery perk are just a "plus". Some are very good, but fatigue saving is the real must-have.

Vilain Joueur

Novice
I have played Expert Economy a lot and enjoy it less and less. But the problem is more about how economy scales in the game now. Day 0 to 90 is a struggle and with the first crisis very rewarding Contracts start appearing giving you tons of Crowns. If you get Noble War, even more so. I would like a more progressive curve. Also even in Expert Economic you can end up having very high funds and nothing to spend them on. But that's more of a late game thing rather than early or mid game and related to the previous problem.
The grind is not just about money but also about experience. Expert Combat helps with that but there should be an option for quick games or something like that.

Thonius

Arcane
Good 1h weapons - Military pick's, Military cleavers - 10 bleed damage with proficiency is good, Maces for stuns and fatigue damage. Combat axes.
I want to try and build riptose (Taunt perk + Riptose ) bro but swords are good only against peasant's. Day 30 7 alps unwinnable unless EVERY bro will be with dog.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Guys - not everything has to be viable.

Don't go crazy with 'Balance', that leads to unsatisfying combat/builds - like in PoE. We have new builds with the changed (and improved) 'Nimble' perk. That's fine, but it's also already pushing the 'realism' BB profits so much from.

And the Sallet is the absolute best helmet for anyone using a bow, 120 armor for 5 fatigue instead of 90 for 4 from that closed mail thing. It's absolutely worth it. But the 'Light Heavyweight' armors could get a discount, yes, because right now it's 'Armor you get from fights -> buy inforced Mail Hauberk + reinforcement -> buy Coat of Plates + reinforcement'. Spending 6k for something in between isn't worth it.
Well, the Sallet may have worked with the old Nimble. But now you don't want anything more than a Cowl or a Necromancer's/Witchhunter's Hat for your Archers. So why spend 1.5k Crowns when you can do better with 30?
I think it's a shame if some options end up being not viable. The players who know they aren't are left with a feeling of disappointment and missed opportunity. The others have more difficulty with the game not knowing what they did wrong. Of course, it's fine playing without maximum efficiency in mind but I believe it should be the players' choice not the consequence of design itself (I'm thinking challenges and house rules).

As for Try Out, I just don't see the point. There are truly only a very few bad Perks to avoid. Asmathic, Timid and Craven. You can usually work out with bad Perks like Superstitious, Fragile or even Dastard (which can also be removed by event). So, it's quite rare to actually get very crippling Traits. Now, have you ever seen an Asthmatic Hedge Knight or a Timid Sellsword? So, for cheap recruits Try Out is just not worth it and for expensive recruits it just shows you what kind of neutral or positive Traits you get. In either case, I don't see why I would spend Crowns on it. I just hire to see Attributes scores and Talents.

I don't know what the best enhancement for my nimble archers is yet.

The Wolfpelt for +15 armor (and -5 Resolve for enemies in melee range)
The Bone Plating, wich negates the first hit, or
This thing above.

I guess the fur padding is great vs crossbows, wich seem to be the greatest danger for your ArchBros.
I like Bone Plating because my Archers rarely get hit. Fur Padding is great in general for characters with low HP and indeed against weapons with high armor ignoring damage.
Yeah, I haven't experimented with 'Nimble' a lot. I read some forums and almost all players agree that 'Nimble' is too powerful right now. I'm pretty sure it gets nerfed.

I like that it doesn't depend on luck anymore if you profit from 'Nimble' or not, but making (basically) naked Bros viable is idiotic.

Whiskeyjack

Learned
I feel like Brawlers consistently give me great stars. Just found one with 3 ma, 3md, 2fat. Starting stats are meh - mid 50s matt, 4 mdef, 104 fat, but holy shit. I mean, I have to take gifted on a guy like that, right?

Or should I not since his stat rolls are going to be great anyway? I also want to build this bro perfectly. Have no idea what to get at level 2 (building to a 2H bro of course).

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Yeah Brawlers are great. They are low cost of recruitment but one of the medium upkeep.
Good stats and traits.
Kind of like militiamen but they are more costly in recruitment but lower upkeep.

Good 1h weapons - Military pick's, Military cleavers - 10 bleed damage with proficiency is good, Maces for stuns and fatigue damage. Combat axes.
I want to try and build riptose (Taunt perk + Riptose ) bro but swords are good only against peasant's. Day 30 7 alps unwinnable unless EVERY bro will be with dog.

Stop being bad.
Alps are the easiest to defeat enemy in the game. Just spread out before battle. And then keep spread out formation. Unless you fight in some really bad terrain you should get them easily. You can easily defeat them with militia spears and naked brothers.

Parabalus

Arcane
Alps are the easiest to defeat enemy in the game. Just spread out before battle. And then keep spread out formation. Unless you fight in some really bad terrain you should get them easily. You can easily defeat them with militia spears and naked brothers.

You can run into groups of 12 Alps who can easily kill you in the first round if you don't prepare before battle.

Sergeant with 100+ resolve seems immune though, same with undead trophy.

Solfear

Novice
In my opinion, Alps can be deadly if they are accompanied by other ennemies. My first fight against them was 3 Alps + 8 Orcs (Young and Berserkers). I did not know what they were capable of. I play in Expert/Expert/Low funds/Ironman, and my first group had been wiped during this encounter.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Alps are fucking scary. Group of 12 chased me in the wildlands once. And then... disappeared. Just like that. Shit was scarier than fucking walking trees.

Last edited:

Prime Junta

This fucker just sometimes throws you curve balls.

War. Got a job burning down stuff in enemy territory. Five-day mission. Bought supplies for seven days.

On day three, I get a random event that spoiled half my supplies. Now I'm starving in the middle of enemy territory. Is this fun or what?

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Was nurturing a village with Armourer into Allied. Went out into the world to get some coin. Come back with 5k to me sum. FUCKING RAIDERS. Only mail for sale. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Havent seen shit like this before, only 7 raiders with a leader, who dropped a lamenar harness (230 armor) and a warhammer... Best thing that happened in this playthorugh.
Ixp7NA8.png

Is there anything more orgasming than running down and catching fucking markmen? The release when they groan and die, my God!
1YOwTpg.png

baddlfogd
HX1XRnK.png

The Nations Best City To Live In
1c6V9y9.jpg

Nice
Z5JgHZZ.png

Niiiiiiiiiice
6t5cSBU.png

From what Ive seen, militiamen uber alles!

CYQZukD.png

And this is why I circle these fuckers by night
RohtKiY.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom