Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron
It's not a build about low fatigue but the one about no reserve fatigue at all. Basically a build with only 15 usable fatigue. As i said, it's functional and probably not a bad idea to salvage a brother with abysmal fatigue but good melee stats. However it's not something i'd want on end game brother.

My sword master duelist rocks, with named high damage sword + drunkard + very high melee attack + duelist he consistently does tons of damage. Keeping him alive is helped by a -9 fatigue / 181 durability (without attachments) armour, lol.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Have they hinted at whether there's more DLC coming or if they've moved on to a new game?

After 300 hours in the past few weeks I'm definitely burned out now. Think I'll put it down for the foreseeable future.

Fun ride, though. Just recently managed to get to the late game (300 days +) on Iroman/Veteran and explore some of the legendary locations for the first time.

Yeah, it's very addictive. I am on Day 87 of a Veteran/Veteran/Hardcore run, the deepest I've gotten into BB yet. Lost a lot of dudes to get there (damn RNG), but my current squad is pretty good (at least for my noob level of game knowledge and skill). All dudes I've bought from level one as farmhands or millers or whatever, got one rat-catcher, and leveled up to where now most of them are levels 3-6 with decent metal armor and good weapons/shields. Starting to hold my own against orcs, but obviously this game can wreck you at any given point.

So far, I am going with a sword/board layout for everone up front, and crossbows in the back. With high defense skill and a shield, they do pretty well against most things, though up starting to come up against real heavy armored enemies now, so I am guessing I will have to explore alternate load-outs against those, as one handed weapons don't do much against such armor. Might start buying Greatswords or going with a non-conventional duelist build or something.

I have a representation of every weapon possible in my band. However, nearly everyone has a shield. We may be a ragtag group, but we are not stupid.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, it's very addictive. I am on Day 87 of a Veteran/Veteran/Hardcore run, the deepest I've gotten into BB yet. Lost a lot of dudes to get there (damn RNG), but my current squad is pretty good (at least for my noob level of game knowledge and skill). All dudes I've bought from level one as farmhands or millers or whatever, got one rat-catcher, and leveled up to where now most of them are levels 3-6 with decent metal armor and good weapons/shields. Starting to hold my own against orcs, but obviously this game can wreck you at any given point.

So far, I am going with a sword/board layout for everone up front, and crossbows in the back. With high defense skill and a shield, they do pretty well against most things, though up starting to come up against real heavy armored enemies now, so I am guessing I will have to explore alternate load-outs against those, as one handed weapons don't do much against such armor. Might start buying Greatswords or going with a non-conventional duelist build or something.
Nice, I'm on the same difficulty too (veteran/ironman) and the game tries to kick my ass hard - despite me having played it a few years ago. However, a propos the game after board+spear/sword phase, consider making bros with two handed axes/maces/hammers. In very heavy armour.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Interesting seed, BMUDHRJYOJ. Standard start ("A new company"). They are average as far as stats go. With one exception. All three have one trait each. The same trait. All three are FAT. It's like Three Amigos Fatsos. How can i refuse to play that?
The map is somewhat unusual too.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Feel like I finally have a handle on the mid game. Day 40 and I have a really solid company, though I could use some more back-up bros. Only lost one guy who I cared about (my initial hybrid companion) to a OHKO 10% chance headshot from a crossbow at level 6 (almost to nimble :negative:).
osnUuDr.jpg

Just came back from a long expedition into the wilderness, should I roll on this swordmaster or go for some cheaper backgrounds like sellswords, raiders, and squires?

8BhLvGF.jpg

Edit- decided to roll on a sellsword and a adventurous noble instead.
uD81kpo.jpg
ujOTXKg.jpg
The noble seems great. Almost max roll melee attack with 2 stars. Low rolled defense, but still 2 stars should end up decent at level 11. Avg HP and decent fat.
Sellsword is kind of bad, min roll on melee attack & health. Average roll on ranged with 3 stars so he'd have 87 to 97 ranged skill at 11... doesn't seem great. Guess I could have him as some kind of hybrid in the back line.

Pretty fun to finally get going on some end-game tier bros (the noble at least) after running out of steam mid-game for my last couple attempts.

Last edited:

Kaivokz

Arcane
My best 2h bro got decapitated by a necrosavant from almost max health
:negative:
8 necrosavants on day 55 and all I got was a crappy famed 1h mace.

What difficulty/settings you playing on Kaivokz ? I just beat Greenskin invasion and retired on Veteran/Veteran/Hardcore. No nobles, almost all farmhands/brawlers/other peasants I raised from level 1 into ultimate fighting machines.

Kaivokz

Arcane
Nice.

Playing on Veteran/Expert/Ironman, haven’t got to my first crisis yet. Day 78, just did another round of camps and am back up to 20k crowns with 4/5 retinue. I was doing really well until my 2h axe guy with 98 m.atk bit the dust around day 50.

I’ve got a grave robber who is one of my best guys, but I’ve also got an adventurous noble and I just hired a sellsword and hedgeknight. Both started with 64 m.atk with one star... both are level 4 and have only rolled 2’s for m.atk, but they’re still good candidates for 2h bros. My tanks are a thief and a daytaler.

I think my next move should be to start taking on orc camps—there are three with warlords I’ve discovered but haven’t taken on yet because I’m not sure how to handle orc warriors. Hammers? The first time I fought them the double bash got me. Demolished my back line.

Orc warriors are basically armor tanks. They are very easy to hit, but have massive armor with probably Battle Forged armor damage debuff, and can do pretty solid damage to fragile bros, as well as wreck your formation. What worked for me (on Veteran) was surrounding them with shield bros, and shield walling them while spear poking and crossbowing them to death. It's a very slow process, but usually there aren't that many of them. Once you get to Greatswords, other 2-handed weapons, goes faster. And yeah, hammers, etc work well against their armor.

Kaivokz

Arcane
I think my strat might be to bring a bunch of 2h’ers and some polehammers, maybe two shield bros with indom. Depending on comp maybe my best archer for killing young/berserkers. Unfortunately haven’t found any 2h hammers yet (I bought 1 pole hammer, haven’t seen any tier 2 2h hammers for sale), but I’ve found ~8 greataxes and a couple greatswords. The axes seemed to work pretty well against them, but it still took 3-4 hits from a greataxe to topple one warrior—since the camp I fought had 4 warriors and a warlord with some assorted berserkers... my best tank was 1-1 with the warlord, but he mostly shouted a lot. Unfortunately lost my bannerman that fight because I didn’t realize orc warriors would double charge through a line, but now I’ll keep my bannerman a tile back to rally against warcries and whack the warriors with battleforged 2h bros with quick hands so they can swap if a warrior busts through.

Quick hands is so good; have a good attack bro with a reach weapon + a two hander. And if they get a kill with berserk, they can swap from 2h to reach wep and swing again.

Had great battle yesterday. I was doing a contract to defend a city from bandit parties. Engaged one party and, was wining against it. However, in the middle of the battle the second bandit party which was close on the world map when the encounter started has joined the fun. They managed to concentrate their attack on my now exposed left flank. Single bro was tanking a bandit leader and was bleeding to death. He managed to evade attacks for 3 consecutive turns, while bleeding. I managed to execute the plan of breaking enemy morale and making them all flee before he bled out. He had only a single turn until bleeding out when enemies ran away. Sadly I couldn't give them a chase.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
My Three Fatsos run is ongoing. I have a nice list of dead brothers and one that already has missing finger and nose but because he was bad from the start (=no harm done) I keep him in the roster. Also not a single famed item. Granted i only started exploring farther away from civilisation but still...
I hired a witch hunter with max 49 and three stars in ranged attack and made him a crossbowman/hand cannone guy since i needed one. However in the retrospect i think that i should have made a hybrid. He has a * in melee attack (and good starting value) and *** in melee defence. How and why one makes a hybrid?

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
However in the retrospect i think that i should have made a hybrid
you could have but why would you? there's still fatigue, health and resolve to take into account when it comes to the question of if you'd ever want to put him into the melee range of anything - 3 stars in mdef but half of your skillups might be going towards what some backgrounds come out the gate with

anyway, if he's backlining then he could also be on pole weapon duty, sometimes taking matk skillups when they roll good (focus on ranged and matk, no mdef ones to avoid spreading it too thin)

if frontlining, a ranged mdef bro naturally leans toward a throwing weapon tank or duelist or a combination of such (no matk, focus on ranged and mdef)

Kaivokz

Arcane
Which mod does this?
I didn't quite have this happen, but I attacked a hexen near an undead keep and the undead joined the battle (no mods and they were there right away because on the first round instead of 7 enemies it was 26 or whatever). They fought against the hexen's bandits so it actually worked out for me.

Just fought my first lindwurms. Did a little reading on the wiki because I didn't feel like starting over again for not knowing enemy mechanics. Managed to take down 4 of them without a loss. They were rolling on 5's against my tanks--still hit my nimble tank twice, but he only has a crushed hand. I fought them in mountains, put archer and 2 crossbowmen on high ground, then mostly stabbed and chopped with pikes and long-axes, though I did step in for a 2h sword split down the body for double damage. For the one I was focusing down I also had one of my tanks spam taunt while a whip bro and a duelist w/ a khopesh bled him. Bleed damage worked pretty well. Only tanks and the 2h sword bro really took armor damage--my duelist hit him in melee a bunch starting from almost the first round, but armor is only at 122/160. Not sure why. He has no headgear because I decided no-helm steel brow is badass for company leader.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Lindwurms are easy as long you have a good tank or two. And don't forget to bring range/reach weapons for everyone else. If the tanks are getting attacked at 5% or near that value there is a good chance of taking zero damage at all.

Damn. One of the Fatsos is no more! Should I end the run? I mean he is healthy and well, level 10 - but he is no longer fat. He lost weight. :( Doubly annoying because i was levelling him up with the +10 health / -10 fatigue in mind. I probably should have given him something more than grain and bread.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
...my duelist hit him in melee a bunch starting from almost the first round, but armor is only at 122/160.

Adjacent melee damage to a Lindwurm causes its blood to splash your armor, making it lose a small amount of durability. It's strange you didn't notice it, I could have sworn there's a message in the combat log every time it happens. Maybe it got removed?

Engaged one party and, was wining against it. However, in the middle of the battle the second bandit party which was close on the world map when the encounter started has joined the fun. They managed to concentrate their attack on my now exposed left flank.
Which mod does this?

No mods. Only original game plus free dls plus winter bros.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom