Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

PorkaMorka

Arcane
There is a speed mod available, I still haven't bothered using it after playing forever, but some streamers do use it

Parabalus

Arcane
On which terrain does the Witch Hut spawn? Can't seem to find it.

Depends, I remember having one in a plain next to some woods and with some mountains nearby, I'm not sure it's affected by the terrain that much aside from being close to the "equator".

That was it, found it right near the equator, in a section that was revealed by the spire, but the hut somehow didn't show.

Playing cultists and with all the high resolve bros it was a hilariously easy fight.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's happening: http://battlebrothersgame.com/in-sacrifice-renewal/

IN SACRIFICE, RENEWAL

blog_header_day1.jpg

The inquisitive mind, quite naturally, turns its senses to suffering. As the eyes see and the ears hear, would one find pain to be a worthwhile teacher and, if so, in whose body? Theirs? Or yours?

artwork_02.jpg

Read all about what is coming in next week’s announcement!

Join the Overhype Studios Discord for another piece of the puzzle, and to discuss everything Battle Brothers, or sign up to the Overhype Studios newsletter to always be the first to know!

(Unless this is another DLC for Battle Brothers instead?)

PorkaMorka

Arcane
It's gotta be a battle brothers DLC, people have assembled the pictures and they form a medieval image in the battle brothers art style.

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
Looks like a hint at fleshing out the necromancers and witchhunters. This bodes well for people asking for dungeons, even if the teaser art is in a cemetery.

Parabalus

Arcane
Legends mod, Adventuring Party origin - why does the evoker not have any magic, unlike the one from the seer origin?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Can we start pointless speculation already?

Here's mine:
-Witch hunter company background
-more magical weapons and way to craft those
-small doggies that can be released as swarm; useless, but annoying.
200w.webp

Parabalus

Arcane

Here's mine:
200w.webp

The background in the image is urban, city battlefields?

Sacrifice, renewal also has a Davkul feel to it.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Here's mine:
200w.webp

Inquisitor background. He will question you and your mercenaries every move. A big negative, but in combat against the undead he will be invaluable because of his zealous approach to the undead. He will boost morale and can turn undeads.

vazha

Arcane
Interestingly enough, there is already a pretty solid mod on Nexus that turns cultists into a mini-faction, complete with quasi-crisis, famed stuff et al. Maybe the devs were spurred by the thought that somebody's got the same idea as they do?

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected

Here's mine:
200w.webp

Inquisitor background. He will question you and your mercenaries every move. A big negative, but in combat against the undead he will be invaluable because of his zealous approach to the undead. He will boost morale and can turn undeads.

Kruyurk

Learned
Bring on the DLC!
That might be my favorite new Battle Brothers image to date
I agree, that image is very nice. Call me a graphics-whore, but one of the major appeal of BB for me is how good is looks. It's generic fantasy but works really well because the tone in spot on, and the artist is very talented.

Fargus

Arcane
Bring on the DLC!
That might be my favorite new Battle Brothers image to date
I agree, that image is very nice. Call me a graphics-whore, but one of the major appeal of BB for me is how good is looks. It's generic fantasy but works really well because the tone in spot on, and the artist is very talented.

Enjoying beautiful art style doesn't make you a graphics whore. The person responsible for all of the sprites and artwork in Battle Brothers is indeed talented.

Harthwain

Magister
New DLC image spoiler:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleBrot...mbled_picture_of_the_next_official_expansion/

:incline:

I can't believe I am gonna buy a game released in 2022

Very Warhammer-like.
The knight looks like he's laden down with artifacts:

- A skull with fleur-de-lis, which can symbolize purity and chastity. Maybe from a saint?
- A sword with glowing red gem in the handle (probably for Quick Hands :smug:).
- A pauldron with holy(?) text attached to it. Unique armor, no doubt.
- A golden container marked with symbol of a cross, so obviously a holy object. A portable reliquary perhaps? It would be in-line with the skull.

The inquisitor(?) next to him is obviously using a holy book. Maybe we can expect some sort of ranged weapon to use against the undead (with limited uses before it has to be recharged at the monastery)? I also speculate the knight might be a paladin (although theoretically there already are crusaders in game, so I could be wrong here).

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Honestly, what I would want the most from Battle Brothers would be a time shift towards 1500s in RL perception, so there would be early harquebus-style black powder firearms (could take 2 turns to reload or something) and landsknecht-style weaponry and fashion, for that Warhammer feeling. Maybe a sequel will do this one day...

Still really excited about the DLC though - Inquisition style background for your company would be pretty cool (of course with new cult/demon/witch based enemies and a related crisis to go with it) and dungeons/interiors in general are something that the game was missing from the start. D1P.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom